Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25

Author Topic: Prince's Guard - Blood in the Mists - Game Over!  (Read 40738 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Prince's Guard - Blood in the Mists - Turn 1
« Reply #105 on: October 25, 2012, 05:49:00 am »

Also, OMGUS as...in context of the acronym 'OMG U Suck.' because as this isn't a Mafia game [vote solely because someone voted you and whatnot], the original meaning can't have any connotation.

That's bullshit.

Toaster got to it before I did but it's still bullshit.
It's always bullshit when you don't even explain why it is bullshit, eh? I'll ask you the same thing I did Toaster.

Define it.

Also, thanks for the irony but you forgot to even answer my own question. You quoted my answer, now where is mine?
Oh, I'm so sorry. I came up to my suspicions by being through so far that even not as enough as to before I did that. Though I obviously did.

(Hint: you didn't actually answer my original question after rephrasing. I asked a quite specific question: Which reaction did you expect. Your answer was 'Different reactions'. Fuck you.)
Yes, fuck me. Go ahead and do it, why don't you?

That's part of what I expected, differing reactions. If I am so all knowing as to give what reactions I do expect, word for word, I'd do it. But I'm not.

Also, you want to attack everyone who's commenting on your statements? Or do you understand that final and unchangeable attacks are in red, while 'attacks' may be statements against what you currently think?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2012, 08:34:07 am »

So... is he or isn't he trying to look town?

A little. I am more interested in his reactions to being attacked and in getting others to post something of substance so that I can get a read on them.

Aren't you putting the cart in front of the horse here?  You want to scum hunt him by attacking him?

I'm attacking him because I believe him to be scum. I would be attacking this round invariably to discover the reactions of others and get things going, Deathsword was merely the most likely target imo.

I don't want to put it off too long, so let's go ahead and Attack Caz.  He's pretty much just making stuff up.

What am I making up?

If you were paying attention the people getting attacked at the time (unresolved) were Tiruin, Deathsword, Caz, and you (Dariush).  I'm kind of okay with that.  And it's shocking to find out I'll most likely be defending myself near turn end if nothing comes up.

Now we see your true colours. Does it not matter to you whether town loses or not? It is highly unlikely that everyone on that list is a traitor and I doubt your sincerity in locating them. Or are you just trying to score points with the players who attacked them?

I don't see any way we can continue speaking in a coherent manner if you keep on attacking everything minor I say to you. Face my damned blade you traitor.

Deathsword.

This is very interesting. You are so sure of Deathsword being scum that you forsake your own defence.

You quote my post explaining my reasoning then go on to mock my lack of reasoning? Ok then.

Yes.

You may not agree with his case and think it's terrible. Sure, whatever.

But to accuse him of not scumhunting, well, that's simply not true. You certainly can't say that the attempt isn't there, and that's what I take issue with.

He only seems interested in 'hunting' the scum who have already pegged him as a traitor.

Getting near to the end of the round. I think I'll Defend self

IronyOwl: You are our main advantage. Are you going to action this turn?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 25, 2012, 08:36:42 am »

I don't see any way we can continue speaking in a coherent manner if you keep on attacking everything minor I say to you. Face my damned blade you traitor.

Deathsword.

This is very interesting. You are so sure of Deathsword being scum that you forsake your own defence.
I can't live in doubt and but I'm doubly sure that he is due to how he responds to my everything.
What's so interesting there?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 25, 2012, 08:38:20 am »

EBWOP. Curse you Preview button!

If you were paying attention the people getting attacked at the time (unresolved) were Tiruin, Deathsword, Caz, and you (Dariush).  I'm kind of okay with that.  And it's shocking to find out I'll most likely be defending myself near turn end if nothing comes up.

Now we see your true colours. Does it not matter to you whether town loses or not? It is highly unlikely that everyone on that list is a traitor and I doubt your sincerity in locating them. Or are you just trying to score points with the players who attacked them?

Please explain how you think so, and what do you mean by scoring points?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 25, 2012, 08:48:29 am »

Non-post where I 'actually' did something? What.
The post you were referring back to, the one where you so helpfully corrected Tiruin's grammar, was a non-post.  You did nothing.

You did do something in the next post, but it sucked.

'Half-hearted, meaningless attack' in a game where attacks are final and unchangeable? Double what.
If the player you're attacking can defend and you're not actually building a case against them to try and get other players to attack them then yes, the attack is completely meaningless.  You also only did it after me, Toaster AND Toony all challenged you for doing nothing.

'Multiple people pointing out you are doing nothing'? Meaning 'Toaster asked for your specific list of suspects, but I'm too much of an asshole not to exaggerate it'?
Me and Toony both told you in no uncertain terms that you were doing nothing.  Toaster's complaint was a little less direct but the implication was still the same: that you were doing nothing of any use and instead just randomly "spitting bile" everywhere.

So yeah, you're pretty much lying scum, Leaf.
Every bit of logic in that post was horrible and this part is no exception.  It's classic waaaaah OMGUS.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 25, 2012, 09:14:51 am »

Please explain how you think so, and what do you mean by scoring points?

Oh come on. He knows who all of the traitors are in round 1, before anyone has bit the bullet?

He's saying that everyone who is being attacked is most likely scum. All he is doing is agreeing with everyone who has placed an attack in an attempt to make him look agreeable.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 25, 2012, 09:24:00 am »

He's saying that everyone who is being attacked is most likely scum. All he is doing is agreeing with everyone who has placed an attack in an attempt to make him look agreeable.
I can't get the second sentence - he's being agreeable to look agreeable? How does that compute?
Ye hath missed my queries above yon post, dear Caz.

Also.
IronyOwl: You are our main advantage. Are you going to action this turn?
What do you mean by addressing the Prince?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 25, 2012, 09:26:22 am »

Hey, Tiruin, thanks for ingoring all I've placed in that spoiler in my last post.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 25, 2012, 09:42:58 am »

I can't get the second sentence - he's being agreeable to look agreeable? How does that compute?

He is trying to look less problematic to others by agreeing with them, to shift attention from himself. I'm not sure why it is so hard to understand.

Ye hath missed my queries above yon post, dear Caz.

Yeah?

I can't live in doubt and but I'm doubly sure that he is due to how he responds to my everything.

I figured you were being rhetorical. I don't understand how an attack on a potential scum is worth more than your own hp. It's a chance of gaining strength over the traitors for a sure loss of strength for the loyalists. Assuming you are loyal, that is.

What do you mean by addressing the Prince?

I would like him to be more active.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 25, 2012, 09:49:48 am »

Nah, I'm not ingoring all you've placed. I read it.

It directly opposed anything I said.

For example:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Now the question was an easy one. "When would you think is the best time to attack the Prince."

You answered with "The best scenario would be if one or more other players have already attacked him, thus attracting attention away from you."

I put in the benefit of the doubt and pushed on that point by a hunch.

But here, you don't know who your allies are - town or scum. Can you expound on that best scenario further? I find it hard to see when a player feels confident to attack the prince. Also, why panic about your own survival when attention is equal? The last part of the bolded portion seems like a badly thought diversion attempt.

Because what I said by the biggest crap you pointed out, was that 'you'. That you, meaning the hypothetical situation in which attention is diverted from the viewpoint of an assumed traitor. You responded...poorly. Because it seems that you either missed where our conversation started, or a misunderstanding happened.

In whole:

It's pretty obvious on that question.

I figured you were being rhetorical. I don't understand how an attack on a potential scum is worth more than your own hp. It's a chance of gaining strength over the traitors for a sure loss of strength for the loyalists. Assuming you are loyal, that is.
As long as the Prince lives and scum die, I'm happy. Also, you say this as if you're pretty unsure about the stance of my target. Can you tell me your read on him?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 25, 2012, 10:57:10 am »

So, you wouldn't mind literally anybody getting hit? Does this mindset also apply to yourself, Toony?
Oh, so you already figured out all scum? Why, that's quite oracular of you. Otherwise I see no reason for you not to defend any of the FOUR people getting attacked.
Well no, they may not all be the traitors, but I'm perfectly fine with them getting hit because I feel the majority are.  Wasting my defend would likely protect a traitor and also leave the Prince (if somebody was stupid enough to do that) and also myself defenseless within my ability.

Asking if I want to "see town lose or not?" is a pretty stupid question, of course not.  And no, I'm not trying to "score points".  See my response to Dariush, copy cat.

Also Defend Self.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 25, 2012, 12:51:48 pm »

Blades clash as the guards turn upon one another. Prince IronyOwl backs up as his guards battle one another, none willing to show their true colors quite yet by turning upon him.

Caz lashes out as Deathsword, but in turn is ganged up on by Toster and Jim Groovester. The combined assault is too much, and he sustains an injury.

Deathsword is beset on all sides. Toonyman and Tiruin attack him along with Caz, Tiruin to the point of frenzy. He batters at Deathsword's defenses, heedless of his own life. Deathsword suffers three blows, and blood flows freely down his armor. He manages to strike a blow against Tiruin, though.

While other blows are struck in the melee, they were all deflected by shields an no other wounds were sustained.

Caz has sustained 1 Wound
Deathsword has sustained 3 Wounds
Tiruin has sustained 1 Wound

Turn 1 has Ended. Any unused Actions were wasted.

Turn 2 Started and will End ~10am Pacific Monday, or when all Actions have been made or Passed

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 25, 2012, 01:45:54 pm »

Toaster
Tiruin:  Trying to tell me that attacking someone right after they attack you isn't an OMGUS is a crock of shit and you know it.
Define OMGUS. And this is basically what you also define as 'overblown?' What am I to do with people I suspect as traitors, then. Poke them with my pointed stick?

Traditional OMGUS is voting someone because they voted you.  Since the closest thing we have to a vote here is the attack, there's a clear substitution.  Claiming you can't figure that out is bullshit, since I know you're not a brain-dead moron. 

And before you tell me that you didn't attack him because he attacked you, let me just say that I don't particularly believe you.   (That should also answer your other question as well.)

Dariush:   So do you suspect Toony or Leafsnail more now?

Caz:
I don't want to put it off too long, so let's go ahead and Attack Caz.  He's pretty much just making stuff up.

What am I making up?

Mainly it was you saying he was both trying and trying not to look like town.  (A question to which you didn't answer.)

Deathsword.

I am glad you find this interesting.  What conclusion do you draw from it?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 25, 2012, 04:05:33 pm »

Toaster
Tiruin:  Trying to tell me that attacking someone right after they attack you isn't an OMGUS is a crock of shit and you know it.
Define OMGUS. And this is basically what you also define as 'overblown?' What am I to do with people I suspect as traitors, then. Poke them with my pointed stick?

Traditional OMGUS is voting someone because they voted you.  Since the closest thing we have to a vote here is the attack, there's a clear substitution.  Claiming you can't figure that out is bullshit, since I know you're not a brain-dead moron. 

And before you tell me that you didn't attack him because he attacked you, let me just say that I don't particularly believe you.   (That should also answer your other question as well.)
Technically, I can say that I am committing such, if we take the meaning out of the proverbial book. However, the attacks - pertaining to the ones against the statements [which also do fall under those lines] - began long before my name was outlined by him in red.

Thus me still asking why it's bullshit.

Could you explain more on that second paragraph? I can't get it: "I didn't attack him because he's attacking me, Toaster doesn't particularly believe me." is how that formed in my mind.

Deathsword.

Falling apart due to lack of sleep now. I love these art projects.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 25, 2012, 04:41:23 pm »

As long as the Prince lives and scum die, I'm happy. Also, you say this as if you're pretty unsure about the stance of my target. Can you tell me your read on him?

He is scummy alright, and his biggest failing seems to be his tunnel vision of focusing on you instead of broadening his view. He snatched on every straw to try and convince others that you were traitor instead of him.

Mainly it was you saying he was both trying and trying not to look like town.  (A question to which you didn't answer.)

I said that he was trying to look town while trying not to get noticed. I'm not saying he was trying to look town and trying not to look town at once. That would be stupid.

I am glad you find this interesting.  What conclusion do you draw from it?

He is either a swordmaster/swordsman. He would have more utility to the scum side and is more dangerous to the Prince. It makes it more likely that I would attack him in the future.

Dariush: Why no attack? Trying to stay under the radar?

Deathsword: Suppose you're a Traitor Swordsmaster, how would you go about in using your abilities for your wincon?

I was reading through old posts and found this little chesnut. Could it be that you were asking for advice on how to play your own role?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25