Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22

Author Topic: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Returning at a Future Date  (Read 89349 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 5: Mobility
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2012, 05:46:23 pm »

Gurrath gave a grunt as the spearman died, spouting off something. Keeping those words in mind, he disregarded the families of sticks groaning and dieing under his feet as he charged towards the rest of the group, breaking though the straw cover, shouting..

"Your friends are dead! Surrender now and you wont be killed painfully!"

Charge at the man threatening the women!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 6a: A Brief Respite
« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2012, 11:06:24 am »

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bonuses (click to show/hide)

-Turn 6a: A Brief Respite-

Several strides to the North East...

"The Object," Sal'savira answered, staring down at her quarry. "We seek it. You have stolen it, yes? Now you seek mages? Explain."
[6]
The bandit's mouth opens and closes like a fish as he tries to comprehend what was interrogating him. It is evident in his expression that he is at lost for words.

That is, until a gracious amount of force-by-hand-talon is placed on the fore of his neck, poking the general area of his voicebox with it's sharp tip. He swallows hard as he reconsiders his action and speaks.

"Ma'am- Sir! I mean no disrespect, on my life I swear, I know nothing of an Object of which you people seek or why you are looking for an object that we may or may not have stolen and we have stolen things before but I have no idea what object you or your sirs want and the mages are also needed for our wounded, they're sick from some kind of disease."

He takes a quick breath before continuing, his eyes fixed on the pointy tips which seem so keen on asking him for more.

"I swear by my mother and father who bore me that we've stolen nothing from the likes of you and even if we did steal something of great value only the ringleader and his trusted cadre know of it, I just follow his orders and please please spare my life soldier of the King, I was only doing what was requested on me being a footpad and all, and I haven't killed anyone yet. Please don't kill me or let me hang!"

His face flushes with red as he closes his eyes and prepares for the worst to come.

Meanwhile on the road...

"You can't fight against one with a spear, can you, horseman? Care to use your bow? I think not!"

As the fighters on the road take a second to analyze their positions, most are unaware as Shella moved into position behind the fence, with Gurrath vaulting over it and beginning his charge. If it were not for their uniforms, they would've played the exact role their quarry did - if they were still alive.

With a pull of the trigger, the Orc's bolt flies true, hitting the swordsman in his right side, staggering him and keeping him from completely attacking the children while Gurrath's warcry brings the bandits' attention to their location, their morale dropping once they see the conclusion to their allies' disappearances. However, willpower alone was not enough to leave an opening for the mercenary as his attack goes wide, being parried by the swordsman before returning his gaze upon Syra through the pain.

Eisen grinned as the battle was rejoined, his attention on the swordsman. "By the end of the day your corpse will be feeding the crows. You should not look forward to it."

He is interrupted by the spearman, who takes the initiative to impede Eisen's movements. "I look forward to a skewered horse, is what I see!"

Erstwhile, you hear a cheer come from Rhea as her guardian uses the opportunity to her full advantage. She tries to stab the man in the same place the bolt embedded itself in but her hand is stopped by his quick reflex. With a twist of her wrist, Syra is soon disarmed and pushed to the ground by a grappling maneuver. He holds his sword with one hand, and the other stops the counterstrike as Rhea tries to intervene.

"You coward!"

"At least I ain't a traitor!" The swordsman replies as he thrusts his sword downward, only to be deflected by Syra's dagger as she sprains her arm in defending herself. Settling for a non-lethal strike, the bandit kicks her in the face with his boot.

Ecidona on the other hand, is quite lucky with her attempts. The axeman is only an object in her eyes, an item of the material world as stated in one of the many manuscripts of the Silent. He bares his teeth as he lunges at her, being parried by her dagger and given a shove by her freehand. She quickly gives a riposte at his arm and delivers a long wound, only hindered by his armor as the man turns around to strike again.

[5][5][5] [What is this. D&D roller must be broken...]

Until Gurrath's voice is heard over the sounds of battle.

"Your friends are dead! Surrender now and you wont be killed painfully!"

The three remaining bandits take a quick look at their friends, before dropping their aggression by a fraction.

"Why should we surrender when we'd be killed anyway?!" says the Spearman.
"Shut it! I plead for amnesty in return for our cooperation!" the Axeman replies.
"Look who's talking here!" The Swordsman pipes up, gesturing at the fact that Rhea was biting his gloved hand, "I don't want to fight anymore! We're outmatched and outnumbered. It seems they got Gerrick, and our watchmen aren't even responding! I can't fight women, not even children in my state! I invoke parley!"
"You don't even know what parley is!"
"Then I invoke Amnesty for our cooperation!"
"He said killed, painfully..."

As they talk, Rhea drops to her knees and brushes the dust off her guardian's face, wiping away the tears that have formed.

All enemies have surrendered by cumulative damage and/or disarmament. Victory!

She looks back at you with a pleading expression.

Spoiler: Right Side Ambushers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Left Side Ambushers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Loot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs//Ranges (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sal'savira; IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gurrath Halsen; Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 11:24:08 pm by Tiruin »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2012, 11:14:12 am »

Sal'savira tapped the side of her beak thoughtfully.

"Interesting. It is possible that this sickness is tied to the Object.

You will take us there."

She began dragging the bandit back to the others.

"Important news!" she called out. "This one claims ignorance of the Object we seek, and claims a mysterious illness has taken hold of their ilk, necessitating the mages. This could be related to the Object. He will take us to them and we shall seek it out."

Drag bandit back to group, inform group of suspicions.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2012, 11:43:15 am »

Shella appeared back on the road after a moment of peace, re-stock two bloody ended slurbow bolts into the carapace sheath on her arm-which apparently doubled as a quiver.

She took no notice of their companions stares, twirling a piece of wheat between her teeth.

Shella approached the swordsman, the one with bolt in his side. She spoke, in a low and threatening voice.

"Bleeding pretty bad there. It didn't break a rib, though-so you might survive. I do reckon you should talk while you're still conscious, though.

See, my language doesn't have a word for 'amnesty' or 'parley'. You're still my enemy, and you will be until I kill you-today, tomorrow, if I ever see you again. I'm sure you understand, it's a cultural thing. I'd just as soon as kill you right now for threatening a child and her protector, but I also respect my partners wishes in this manner. To an extent.

I'd like to get my bolt back, if you don't mind-and let the fates decide if you bleed to death or not-disease is more likely, naturally. That'd be slower. So, tell me why you decided to incompetently ambush us. Tell me about the Orb. Tell me about the King, his mandates, why you're out here. Tell me your name, craven. Tell me why you wanted to harm these two.

Tell me everything, or I'm going to yank that bolt out of your side and spit in the wound. Then your friends will be more compliant, I hope."

Action: Employ Orcish intimidate tactics against the Swordsman, asking him for plot advacement. Take my bolt out of his side, if he refuses or is difficult.

Also, pre-action-make sure to loot the two bodies me and Gurrath killed earler.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2012, 12:42:51 pm »

With the end of the fighting, Ecidona let go of the Silence. The shudders came almost immediately. She suppressed them as much as she could, taking deep breaths. Atleast she hadn't killed anyone today. The others seemed totally unbothered, seeming to revel in their killing prowess and success or act like nothing at had happened. She would have to get used to it sooner or later. In the meantime, this sickness, even if possibly dangerous, would occupy her nicely.

Ecidona follows the others' lead for now
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2012, 01:55:33 pm »

With the end of the fighting, Ecidona let go of the Silence. The shudders came almost immediately. She suppressed them as much as she could, taking deep breaths.

After she was done with her interrogation, Shella walked over to Ecidona, leaning up against a tree.

"...It gets easier." She says, simply. "Eventually, you'll wake up and wonder why you cared so much about it-the distinction between good and evil, right and wrong. It doesn't matter once the first cut is made. After that, it's just fast and slow, living and dead.

On the day you figure it ouy, you realize you're not the same person you were. Part of this life, the one we lead...is letting go of who you were. Embracing the beast within. How far you go, is up to you."
Shella says, crossing her arms.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2012, 02:41:14 pm »

Eisen nimbly leaped from his horse to the ground and ran over to Syra and Rhea, trying to soothe them both. Part of the blame was theirs, for the swordsman had been given enough time for them to take him down...But he was being distracted by the spearman and ultimately, he hadn't been able to call the enemy's attention.

"It's all fine now..." he said with the same calming voice he had used so many times when dealing with wounded and scared animals. It could appear to be a rude comparison, but he still felt the tone was adequate while he was trying to calm down the woman to help her.

Even though the young man had never really fought before, he had felt as if it was only natural to do so. Maybe the survival instinct built into each being had kicked into action and made him do what he was supposed to: his fingers quickly sought the string and the arrows sought the enemy - just as he had practiced.

But it was all over for the moment. All that was left was taking care of the wounded woman and moving on...

Treat the wounded lady.

After taking care of Syra, Eisen approached the bandits with a light step, stopping and facing them.

"Since you have surrendered, please let go of your weapons." he said calmly. During the battle, he had just sustained a scratch and his taunting had been born out of attempts to call for the enemies' attention instead of proper anger.

The foxfolk man was once again displaying his usual calm, but there was always an arrow to be notched as soon as a bandit decided to go against the group's orders.

Order the bandits to let go of their weapons and take the spear for mounted combat.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 02:44:09 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 29, 2012, 03:29:28 pm »

Gurrath sighs, and checks around. Deciding that his fellows are doing pretty much what he would have done, he scratches the back of his head, slightly unused to the unordered assignments. Deciding that he might as well scavenge what he can off the fallen, he glimses Shella going into the wheatfield, most likely to loot the two corpses there. Noting the dead bandit, he decides to drag it away from the road, and he loots it.

Loot bandit 4

Dusting off his hands, Gurrath heads towards the group, and finishes leaning against a tree, spear held in one hand.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 6b: Diverging Paths
« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2012, 12:56:35 am »

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Standing Modifiers (click to show/hide)

-Turn 6b: Diverging Paths-

Words spoken, oaths broken, threats given and truth unravelled. The day shifted into late in the day, nearing the hour of dusk. As the brilliant hues of the yellow sun faded, the skies grew ablaze with the shifting colors of orange and gold. The wheat reflected it's beauty, growing a wonderful yellow-brown as the party continued their interrogation.

It all began with the swordsman - he who had wished the children a swift death by his blade. Shella's tactics of intimidation were just enough to broker him a deal that would go both ways - death, or blood loss.

He grunts as he puts a hand around the shaft of the bolt. "I know nothing about the Orb - I swear. Also, I don't know how you don't know about the King. Aren't you one of his soldiers? Hmph, doesn't matter. Your garb most certainly states you're mercenaries hired by him. I am Dweonir, known as 'Deon' son of Harath, who now lies slain by your crossbow. Anyway, for his mandate - he has decreed a swift death for all 'lawless' elements in the land - meaning anything his forces can see or touch, even on foreign soil. As for lawless...you tell me that, I don't know why you're sparing the likes of me anyway. I can't even kill children, not even the peasant girl."

He looks at his comrades before continuing. His voice dropping to a somber tone. "Of course, we wanted to take care of our people first - nearly a whole village's worth, Syra over there was one of another's land along with her sister or summat' like it. We weren't ambushing in the sense of notorious killing like how we're branded by the commoners, but only for our needs but- aurgh, please stop!"

He looks away, along with the rest as the items of the dead are looted. You can hear the spearman mutter something under his breath. "And they damn us for being bandits."

"Oh huh. Gerrick is back. I-err. What is that thing?" Deon says, looking at Sal'savira. "Don't harm him, he's a footpad - one of the lower members of our band, if I take it you're sparing us the blade for the moment." He sighs before continuing. "I shall not speak anymore than necessary. I am bound by my words, and she can explain better for herself."

You all turn to see Eisen hovering over the girl in question, moving away Rhea's hands while putting his own over the area of the wounds, cleaning them and using his own water from the provisions to fix it up.

"It's all fine now..."

She opens her eyes to see her wounds healing at an amazing rate, before looking at the rest of you and getting up, thanking her healer. She moves over to Gerrick and pulls out a tube-like container from within his cloak, opening it and bringing out a large sheet of paper.

At Eisen's call, they throw down their weapons amidst numerous grumbling of how this idea seems feasible to them, but they remain silent for the time being. Syra stands up and hugs the foxfolk before turning and addressing you.

"Deon tells the truth. I am not of his band, but was a captive along with Rhea. We were forced to be part of the scouting groups - if anything went wrong, I was to take full blame of the dead or wounded. Fortunately...it seems I was lucky today. Now I believe that we're in relative safety for now, and you seem to be..." she looks at Sal'savira, then Ecidona, before continuing, "against the bandits, yes? Well. We're lucky our runner didn't forget where our route was for the moment.

"Here's a map for illustration. Err, excuse me if I use this..."

She traces a few lines with her hand, using the soil around her to mark the area along with a bit of her own blood, carefully drawn with her pinkie.
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

"Unconventional, but this works. The red markings denote our usual route, the X means the camp. The outlined trees represent lookout perches, while...well, why are you interested in the Orb anyway? I didn't think...mercenaries would be told their objective so plainly."

She casts a quizzical look at you after a quick glance at the other bandits.

Spoiler: Captives (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Loot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs//Ranges (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sal'savira; IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gurrath Halsen; Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM Notes - UPDATED D: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 11:32:31 pm by Tiruin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2012, 12:58:37 am »

Also, hows everyone enjoying themselves? Comments? Criticisms? I feel like I've just done something wrong for you players but can't see what.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 30, 2012, 01:41:53 am »

((Doing nicely.))

Eisen claims one of the iron spears.

As if remembering something, Eisen carefully pats Syra's shoulder and waits until he has her attention.
"Sorry for not noticing your message earlier. I had a grasp of the situation, but realizing you were trying to tell us something would have made things much simpler."

He stares at her and Rhea for a moment before asking:
"Will you be fine? Do you have a home to return to?"

Turning to the team, he pointed at the map. "I know it is fairly obvious, but the left path would be the best one. Although the way is longer, we would only have to sneak past or take down one lookout perch, as opposed to the opposite side."

He motioned towards their prisoners. "And our guides would have less of a chance to call for their allies' attention."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 30, 2012, 09:51:37 pm »

((Bump for the people who may have missed the update. Hey, it updated.))
>Yes?

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 30, 2012, 10:04:18 pm »

((Aaaaaaaaaaaaa))

Gurrath sighs, and after looking over the Yew bow, takes it.

"I'd agree with that. The plan seems sound. The element of surprise is pretty vital in situations like these really."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2012, 01:03:50 am »

Sal'savira shrugged.

"As you wish."

She then turned her attention back to the bandits, prodding them a bit.

Examine bandits. Try to remember if Chosen of Ecid are allowed to have NPC slaves unofficial assistants.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2012, 01:32:04 am »

Shella nods, silently agreeing to Eisens plan. She honestly wouldn't mind taking more of them on...

Shella practice flipped the handaxe. Well weighted, if a bit light. It should serve in a pinch, she thought-tucking into a empty holster on her left hip. Merely a replacement-her last pair of axes were probably still in that Green Dragons belly...it was sad to have lost such venerable weapons, but preferable to resting with them.

Action: Take an Iron Handaxe

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22