Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: neutering animals  (Read 2123 times)

greenwatering

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
neutering animals
« on: October 14, 2012, 08:53:07 pm »

i think animal care or surgeon skills or something should include the ability to neuter animals.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: neutering animals
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 08:58:07 pm »

That's it?

This has been suggested before. Search, or at least expand beyond one sentence.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

greenwatering

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 09:06:10 pm »

i searched and nothing came up, sorry. lol, i was going to add other sentences but then it wasn't a very complicated thought anyway.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 12:35:33 pm »

i actually agree with this idea completely.
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 01:57:12 pm »

I agree it's needed. And if the OP couldn't find another thread that mentioned it, and posted a new one, then that's OK.

I suggest the Animal Caretaker position be used to neuter animals. You could set them for neutering just like you set them for slaughtering. It should have a (low) chance of failure, which can result in either the animal's death or a failed neutering that leaves the animal fertile--death more likely for females, failure leaving the animal still fertile more likely for males. Failure is common at low skill levels and unheard of by the time you hit Legendary.

This is just what I know about domestic animals IRL, though, so it's just mammals. I haven't really studied it in reptiles and birds. Maybe they're different.

Manveru Taurënér

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 02:03:38 pm »

Planned already afaik ^^

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 02:04:28 pm »

I already suggested this.

Also there is an alternative to neutering.

It's called CAGING ALL THE FEMALES
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Revanchist

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you for helping us help you help us all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 02:27:36 pm »

That's a temporary solution though. A workaround.
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds."

People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 06:32:08 pm »

Search for "neuter spay"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
  • [POOP:INORGANIC: NUCLEAR_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 10:24:16 pm »

add a new body part required for reproduction, and let animal surgeons have orders to remove specific body parts
that way you can do more than just lop off their genitals

cut the wings off of your Roc so she don't fly away!
You are a terrible person and the sad truth is deep down you know it.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 10:29:10 am »

add a new body part required for reproduction, and let animal surgeons have orders to remove specific body parts
that way you can do more than just lop off their genitals

cut the wings off of your Roc so she don't fly away!

A less controversial course of action would be to have a permanent state that would be applied to the animal, a bit like "hungry" or "thirsty" or "stark raving mad", except it's just "neutered". No need to add genitals and such to the game that way.

However, stuff like docking wings and such would be interesting, same with removing body parts.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2012, 11:35:15 am »

Actually this is why i have suggested a "surgery" thing where you can designate any caged/restrained, tame or incapicitated critter, including humanoids to be put on a bench, by accessing the building you should then be able to designate bodyparts to be cut off, or other things applied to it, like injections(Injections back then was cutting up a vein and dripping in the thing)

Neutering animals could be done that way.

Bonus if you could save the commands as procedures, so like,

d Designate area for treatment
c Cancel current order
s Save current list as procedure

Saved Procedures:

A Neuter male buffalo
B Neuter female buffalo
C Neuter male goblin
D Agonise elf with heated spoon
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2012, 11:38:16 am »

I think as long as there's no body parts involved in the neutering process, things will be fine. Surgery on the whole would be good though, just... well, do you think Toady would be happy with implementing the castration of prisoners?

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2012, 02:29:45 pm »

What the hay is wrong with you guys and the tasty details?
Its like your squeamish about piss, shit and penisvagina, but you arent about racism, mutilation or torturing babies? It dosent add up.

Its like on MCF where people want guns and shit but also PEEVEEPEE AND EDNRENEM B&ND 4EVUR
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2012, 02:35:00 pm »

What the hay is wrong with you guys and the tasty details?
Its like your squeamish about piss, shit and penisvagina, but you arent about racism, mutilation or torturing babies? It dosent add up.

Its like on MCF where people want guns and shit but also PEEVEEPEE AND EDNRENEM B&ND 4EVUR

Actually, I would rather the game had faeces, urine and genitals for realism. I am just thinking of Toady. You know what he's like.
Pages: [1] 2