Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reincarnation program, anyone?

Nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope. -breath- Nope.
- 6 (31.6%)
There aren't any wait-listers.....
- 3 (15.8%)
So long as it *is* a new character.
- 7 (36.8%)
Special Snowflake.
- 3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 61

Author Topic: Roll To Dodge (Now with Mountains)  (Read 47634 times)

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge (Now with Mountains)
« Reply #795 on: December 02, 2012, 04:39:00 pm »

Try to figure out what could be causing this.
((fire? Check. Nuclear physics? Probably))
You forgot my turn.

Oh, I did.... Well. You get a separate intermediary turn to fix that. I hate inconsistencies.

Turn Twenty Eight Point Five

Unknown Human
Try to figure out what could be causing this.[/b]
((fire? Check. Nuclear physics? Probably))

{5-1} You figure out that these flames are not normal. They're not creations of a practitioner of the arcane, either. You decide they are either some naturally-occurring magic, or a recent divine creation. You also assume that if they get anywhere near you, it will hurt; you base this on the line of charred earth under each of them.

Status

Spoiler: Unknown Human (click to show/hide)

-~-~-~-
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: December 02, 2012, 04:39:27 pm »

I'm not going to be able to keep up with this so my character is under your control
What do you think? Yes? No?

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: December 02, 2012, 04:48:33 pm »

I'm not going to be able to keep up with this so my character is under your control

"your' meaning who exactly?

I'll assume you meant me. If not, you may or may not be alive by the time you return.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 07:06:08 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: December 02, 2012, 04:57:37 pm »

Hmm... Time for a test.
Fling half a hunk of salted meat into the fire. Observe the reaction.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: December 02, 2012, 08:09:42 pm »

Turn Twenty Nine

Players:

Gragrar
Sprint across the tree as fast as possible. If I feel it is about to break while I'm running across, jump for the other side of the gorge.

And if I fall call out to Sarron as loud as I can, I believe I met him a few turns ago.

Knowing the imminent collapse, Gragrar runs as quickly as he can across the tree. {2} A few feet from the relative safety of the other side, Gragrar hears a creak of wood, he resolves himself to jump and hope for the best. Amazingly enough, the tree held his weight, the ashy covering, on the other hand, was rather slippery. Gragrar's foot slid out from under him, sending him tumbling into the chasm with a resounding scream:

SARRRON!

Ynot
Deny the knight's wish by starting to float, myself.
Summon inexplicable background music.

Hopping into the air, focusing on levitation, trying to keep himself afloat. {2} A moment later Ynot opens his eyes to find himself standing on the ground exactly where he was.

Valentine
Possess the archer; attack the goblin

{1} Valentine's attempts at possessing the creature go completely unnoticed; by the creature. Three of the fire sprites begin floating over to the new apparition.

Sarron
Apologize profusely while tearing his throat out with my talons.
And if I do hear my name being called, I will quickly run my altruistic ass over.

{2v4} Sarron's attempts to right himself and attack the bear fail miserably, leaving the bear open to counterattack.

Upon hearing a cry for help, Sarron {3} pries himself from his quarry and flies off, {5} grabbing the human by one arm, pulling him out of an amazingly steep dive. The long, slow, process of power-strokes required to haul a heavy load out vertically on wing-power begins....

Grek
Rocket-pipe self towards bear.

{4}

"Is that a dragon, utilizing jet-propulsion?"

"Why, yes. I do believe it is."

"Strange times we live in."

"Indeed."

Klaus
Keep digging!

With great fervor and the sweat on his brow, {5} Klaus breaks the surface, clawing his way into an ash-strewn wasteland. Klaus hears cries of pain and the clanging of metal off to his right.

Unknown Human
Fling half a hunk of salted meat into the fire. Observe the reaction.

Pulling out a small piece of meat, you fling it toward the floating fires, {4} hitting a purple one dead-on. The meat immediately bursts into a gout of purple fire before falling to the ground, a blackened crisp.

Hex
Try to find a smaller rock to break into a chisel.

{5} Conveniently, a shard of rock perfectly suited to the task was shaken off by the seismic activity, Hex picks it up.

NPCs:

Arken
Roll over and try to get this blasted beast off me!

{2} Feeling faint-headed from blood-loss, Arken fails to do anything meaningful.

Goblin
Stabbity-stab.

{2} Inexplicably, the goblin misses anything vital on Arken. He does leave a few new holes in him.

Archer
Reload and don't miss.

{4} With his crossbow ready for a second try, Archer is unwilling to miss this time. He walks directly up to Arken and places the crossbow against the back of his head....

Flora and Fauna

Geoff

{5} "These freaks are insane!" Geoff evaporates into a cloud of smoke, which floats off into the distance.

Spot/Listen Check:
{4} Every character is aware of everything said in this turn. Somehow.

Players:

Spoiler: Grek (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ynot (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Valentine (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Klaus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gragrar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sarron (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hex (click to show/hide)

NPC(s):

Spoiler: Arken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Goblin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: N/A (click to show/hide)

Flora and Fauna:

-~-~-
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 09:05:49 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: December 02, 2012, 08:35:03 pm »

Attack the bear with fire breath!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: December 02, 2012, 08:35:54 pm »

Head towards Arken and try to take out the archer with my own crossbow.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: December 02, 2012, 08:38:09 pm »

Attack the bear with fire breath!

I actually disbanded the bear. There's about to be two separate fights, I figured the obscenely lucky and omnicidal bear could come back later.
Greater Collection

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: December 02, 2012, 09:55:06 pm »

Oh.

Find the goblin.
Attack it.
With fire breath.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: December 02, 2012, 10:44:07 pm »

Oh shit.Sarron thought to himself.That Dwarf is fucked.
"Come on Grag, we gotta go try to save that idiot dwarf."
Sarron Flies himself and Gragrar over to Arken, aiming for the archer before he can shoot.  Of course, he does put Gragrar down (preferably gently, and in a place he can fight the gobbos) before attacking.

I gotta go to sleep in a minute, so it Gragrar has a better idea, he can tell it to Sarron and he'll do it instead.  Unless it would needlessly endanger anyone.
Make that anyone who isn't already homicidal.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: December 03, 2012, 12:41:41 am »

If I reach the goblins safely, try to knock the Archer back first. If Sarron has already taken him out, try to get the other goblin off of Arken.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 03:20:02 am by Urist McBeanie »

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: December 03, 2012, 03:18:50 am »

I'm guessing if I roll a 1 that I might accidentally shoot one of the other guys. Would be just my luck.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: December 03, 2012, 12:35:39 pm »

Hmm... Fling another small chunk of meat, this time aiming at a different-coloured one.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: December 12, 2012, 09:30:49 pm »

Turn Thirty

Players:

Klaus
Head towards Arken and try to take out the archer with my own crossbow.

{3} Despite his relative inexperience with the weapon, Klaus manages to not kill himself of any of his friends! Or anyone for that matter. The bolt flies harmlessly off into the distance, whizzing by just a centimeter from the Archer's head.

Grek
Find the goblin.
Attack it.
With fire breath.

{2} Dropping into a crouch and sneaking up behind him, Grek was a short distance from his target when his foot fell through a loose patch of ash. Bringing the libarian to his knees.

Sarron
Sarron flies himself and Gragrar over to Arken, aiming for the archer before he can shoot. Of course, he does put Gragrar down (preferably gently, and in a place he can fight the gobbos) before attacking.

{5} In a bout of amazing wingpower, Sarron hauls both of them up through the gorge and drops to the ground near Arken. Sarron immediately jumps into the fray, trying to stop the Archer. {2v5} But the Archer nimbly sidesteps the blow, without even looking away from Arken!

Gragrar
If I reach the goblins safely, try to knock the Archer back first. If Sarron has already taken him out, try to get the other goblin off of Arken.

{3} Gragrar lands safely and runs over to the Archer, {6v5} but he rolls backward, unharmed, but no longer threatening Arken.

Unknown Human
Fling another small chunk of meat, this time aiming at a different-coloured one.

{5} A slab of meat sails through the air, in a perfect arc, toward a cyan flame. The meat implodes in a bout of cyan sparks and sizzling grease before the ashes flow away on the breeze.

Hex
Get back to chiseling that pike from the huge rock.

{6+1} A magnificent, if large, -Basalt Pike- is formed! It's unwieldy on account of it's size, but usable.

NPCs:

Arken
Gurgles on blood pooling in throat.

{N/A} Arken lies motionless.

Goblin
Jump at the griffin-thing.

{6v6} Flying through the air, gliding straight for Sarron, the Goblin crashes into a pile, unharmed, when Sarron inexplicably moves slightly.

Archer
Fight back, shoot the human.

{6v3} With a still-loaded crossbow at point-blank range, only a fool could miss a shot like that. Archer was not a fool. The bolt buries itself into Gragrar's lower body. The wound starts shooting shocks of electricity through his body, uncontrollable spasms follow!

Spot/Listen Check:
{2} You see the obvious, Archer is a robed figure, vaguely humanoid. Not a single bit of his anatomy is shown, you assume he is a male simply for convenience purposes.

Players:

Spoiler: Grek (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ynot (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Valentine (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Klaus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gragrar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sarron (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hex (click to show/hide)

NPC(s):

Spoiler: Arken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Goblin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: N/A (click to show/hide)

Flora and Fauna:

-~-~-
Greater Collection

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: December 12, 2012, 09:36:17 pm »

Burn goblin.
With fire breath, not falsified evidence of misconduct as a spy or somesuch.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 61