Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reincarnation program, anyone?

Nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope. -breath- Nope.
- 6 (31.6%)
There aren't any wait-listers.....
- 3 (15.8%)
So long as it *is* a new character.
- 7 (36.8%)
Special Snowflake.
- 3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 61

Author Topic: Roll To Dodge (Now with Mountains)  (Read 47636 times)

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge (Now with Mountains)
« Reply #780 on: November 29, 2012, 04:43:54 pm »

Hey guys!

Just gonna say this quickly, but I'm back!  Sorta!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You don't have to read that, it's just a long-winded explanation of my current events.

And I'm fine with what Sarron is doing now.  He should continue trying to locate and help Ynot.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: November 29, 2012, 04:57:07 pm »

Hey guys!

Just gonna say this quickly, but I'm back!  Sorta!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You don't have to read that, it's just a long-winded explanation of my current events.

And I'm fine with what Sarron is doing now.  He should continue trying to locate and help Ynot.

Good to have you back, man. Hope the meds work out for you. Nothing too important happened while you were gone, but you might want to read last turn. Some new creatures were quasi-introduced.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: December 01, 2012, 05:11:39 pm »

Turn Twenty Eight

Players:

Ynot
I, Ynot of Nubantea, as per the Codex Scientia, challenge your avatar to a round of combat.

Sithis looks down at your crumpled form. He nods sagely, and laughs maniacally. "As you wish." {1} You wake to find your wound healed, but you are standing on a floating spire of rock, naked. Free-floating ahead of you is a painfully stereotypical black knight. "STAND!"

Grek
Keep working on fire-breath-rocket-tubing.

{4} You somehow figure out how to maintain the fire and the flight with control. You still need to have your face attached to a pipe.

Sarron
Fly towards the bear! Possibly!

{6} You pick a random direction and travel to it. Success! You find the bear, sadly you were flying at ground level and crash straight into him. Leaving both of your sprawled together in a very unflattering position.

Klaus
Keep digging

{3} You make some progress, you feel the dirt getting softer.

Gragrar
See if I can find a way around. Look for any downed trees I might be able to lift.

{6} You come across an ashen oak tree. It seems mostly intact and when you try to pick it up you find it surprisingly light. You bridge the gap with it, but just as it falls into place parts of it begin crumbling to dust.

Hex
Find a sizable boulder and craft it into a pike

{6} Hex finds a massive rock, easily thrice his size. Unsure of how to proceed, he stands there and thinks about it.

NPCs:

Arken
"What?!"

Surprise!

A shoddily armed and armored goblin jumps on Arken from behind!
A second unidentified creature stands from behind a nearby pile o' rubble and takes aim with his crossbow at Arken!

{1v3} Arken is stabbed repeatedly in the back by the goblin's bone dagger, failing to defend himself he falls to the ground, still being ridden by the goblin.
{5v1} Miraculously the archer misses Arken completely, his bolt burrying itself in the ground near his leg.

Flora and Fauna

Geoff

{6} This polar bear was somehow prepared for an imminent sixty-miles per hour chicken attack. Geoff clambers back to his feet and tries to pin Sarron. {6v2} In a show of untempered beauty and strength, the polar bear traps Sarron beneath his left paw and {1v1} in a show of true clumsiness slips before he can rip your throat out, returning the two of you to the original, and still questionable, position.

Spot/Listen Check:
{1} There be trees.

Players:

Spoiler: Grek (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Unknown Human (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ynot (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Valentine (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Klaus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gragrar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sarron (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hex (click to show/hide)

NPC(s):

Spoiler: Arken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Goblin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: N/A (click to show/hide)

Flora and Fauna:

Spoiler: Geoff (click to show/hide)

-~-~-
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: December 01, 2012, 05:14:50 pm »

Sprint across the tree as fast as possible. If I feel it is about to break while I'm running across, jump for the other side of the gorge.

EDIT: And if I fall call out to Sarron as loud as I can, I believe I met him a few turns ago.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 05:32:38 pm by Urist McBeanie »

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: December 01, 2012, 05:19:20 pm »

Sprint across the tree as fast as possible. If I feel it is about to break while I'm running across, jump for the other side of the gorge.

Ooh. Risque. That is the kind of action that lives to be rolled. Applause.
Greater Collection

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: December 01, 2012, 05:56:50 pm »

Deny the knight's wish by starting to float, myself.
Summon inexplicable background music.

You know, I'm kind of pulling out pieces of backstory and planting them whereever possible, since I'm not really inclined to let that fine document go to waste. That's why you had "of Nubantea" slapped in the middle of the last action right out of the blue skyand i'm pretty sure Codex Scientia had nothing about dueling gods as a rulebook, but it's already canoni honestly wonder what i rolled a 1 for, enemy difficulty?did i sacrifice my tattered leather philosophical pants in order to land in this dimension or somethingoh man the avatar doesn't even exist since it doesn't have even a spoiler tab, that or the [1] on the spot check this round
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 05:59:51 pm by LordSlowpoke »

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: December 01, 2012, 06:40:47 pm »

oops I think I might have gotten Arken in trouble...

Possess the archer; attack the goblin

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: December 01, 2012, 07:52:25 pm »

Apologize profusely while tearing his throat out with my talons.
And if I do hear my name being called, I will quickly run my altruistic ass over.

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: December 01, 2012, 10:10:20 pm »

Rocket-pipe self towards bear.

I think the seriousness was lost around the time a giant, sentient eel was added to the cast.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: December 01, 2012, 10:30:30 pm »

I think the seriousness was lost around the time a giant, sentient eel was added to the cast.

The rocket pipe didn't really help much, but yeah.
Come to think of it, we could probably use more weird. So far almost everything can be explained logically.

Yeah, I need to think of something odd quickly.
Greater Collection

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: December 01, 2012, 11:20:05 pm »

Come to think of it, we could probably use more weird. So far almost everything can be explained logically.

Pardon?
I think you dropped something.  Oh yeah, all those warhammers.  And those daggers I seem to remember.

But I think we lost all seriousness when Ynot joined.  Because, y'know, why not be silly?  When one of your players is a giant eel, it's hard to think of this as a D&D campaign.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: December 02, 2012, 08:23:05 am »

Pardon?
I think you dropped something.  Oh yeah, all those warhammers.  And those daggers I seem to remember.

But I think we lost all seriousness when Ynot joined.  Because, y'know, why not be silly?  When one of your players is a giant eel, it's hard to think of this as a D&D campaign.

Don't worry, your seriousness will be restored when Ynot kills the avatar and ascends to godhood. Because that's totally what's going to happen now.

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: December 02, 2012, 10:22:43 am »

Hmm. I'd shout Objection! at the dirt but I don't want to be buried alive. So.
Keep digging!
Also, you forgot to update my character. I'm not standing at the back of the cave and I'm not at 110 degrees Fahrenheit. I'm sure that the dirt is colder than the cave.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: December 02, 2012, 10:57:47 am »

Pardon?

The daggers were actually more of Ynot's obscene chaos. Still, I feel the need to make this world weirder. No idea why, but since the alpaca-lypse, things just haven't been as odd.
Greater Collection

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: December 02, 2012, 04:27:38 pm »

Try to figure out what could be causing this.
((fire? Check. Nuclear physics? Probably))
You forgot my turn.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 61