Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reincarnation program, anyone?

Nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope. -breath- Nope.
- 6 (31.6%)
There aren't any wait-listers.....
- 3 (15.8%)
So long as it *is* a new character.
- 7 (36.8%)
Special Snowflake.
- 3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 61

Author Topic: Roll To Dodge (Now with Mountains)  (Read 47651 times)

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge (Now with Mountains)
« Reply #120 on: October 22, 2012, 08:02:18 pm »

Blenk will hole up in the cabin, and try to find a super-secret hidden cellar or blankets to stay warm with.

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 22, 2012, 11:06:25 pm »

See if I can find a type of shelter, if I do move towards it. If I don't move towards the forest.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 23, 2012, 10:30:21 am »

Water is extremely scarce on Mars. As such, water is sacred and is used in rituals of bonding and growing closer to express something similar to Earthlings family-bonds and friendship, albeit much MUCH more meaningful and stronger. Whether or not humans(or dwarves) understand it or not, Valentine is offering Arken eternal trust, support, and friendship. Even to the point where he wouldn't think twice if one of his water-brothers told him to kill himself(Well, discorporate, really, since a Martian's "soul" live on after death. So would a human's, as long as he knew how!) through an act of defenestration.

Anyway did Arken accept the water or not?

Maybe these Earthlings need time to decide. No worries, time is eternal! I'll Help Blenk bandage himself telekinetically. Go to the forest!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 10:35:32 am by Tylui »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 23, 2012, 10:31:28 am »

Grab dwarf.

Run. Slither with utmost urgency.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 02:13:03 pm by LordSlowpoke »

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 23, 2012, 06:25:42 pm »

You guys are not going to like this. Not one bit. At least the monotony of basic exploration has been broken. Albeit, by a blood-covered sledgehammer but broken is broken.

Best of luck, my friends. The battle is now.

----------

Turn Ten

Players:

Josh
Go deeper into the forest, Eat the berries and continue looking for food.

{4} You sprint deep into the forest. Some wildlife flees before you as you pass. You eat the berries, delaying hunger(Which is now implemented, details in the notes section), but do not find any additional food.

Bork
Go back to the hut, bored by the situation. Use my wooden weapons to whittle themselves into sharper wooden weapons.

{1} You accidentally trip on your way back to the hut.

Unknown Human
Take the vials into inventory. Look more closely at the corpses.

{1} You try to grab the vials but you knock several down, breaking them. There is now poisonous gas fumes filling the room. The floor is no longer suffereing from a stomach ache. Some vials remain on the shelf.

Grek
Try to help Arken.

{2} You fail to help him. (Try to say how you plan on helping him, I said vague=failure. Be specific on how you do something. This one the roll just failed you, though.)

Blenk
Blenk will hole up in the cabin, and try to find a super-secret hidden cellar or blankets to stay warm with.

{4} Blenk runs into the cabin. You do not find any secret cellar of any kind. You do not find any blankets, either. You huddle up in front of the fireplace that was left with a fire still going.

Klaus
See if I can find a type of shelter, if I do move towards it. If I don't move towards the forest.

{5} Through a stroke of immaculine luck, you see a mass of vines hanging over a steep bank of the river. You just barely notice light spilling out from behind them. You run up to investigate, and find a small cave with a fire going. There are no occupants.

Valentine
Help Blenk bandage himself telekinetically. Go to the forest!

{1} You fail to help. In fact, due to unfamiliarity with human anatomy and lack of skill with telekinetics, you accidentally pull the wound open farther.

Ynot
Grab dwarf. Run. Slither with utmost urgency.

{4} You wrap a coil of yourself around the dwarf and begin slithering away. Until you realize you have no idea where you are slithering to. (Vague=failure)

NPCs:

Arken
Arken tries to pull the knife out of his foot while yelling obscenities in Dwarvish at the retreating YELLOW-BELLIED SWINE!

{3} Arken removes the knife, worsening the bleeding. He keeps hold of the knife.

Spot/Listen Check:
{4} The clouds are nearing you. There is a drop of ten degrees Fahrenheit ambient temperature. You don't notice anything else new, until...

RANDOM ENCOUNTER!

Suddenly a hit squad of what appear to be Keebler Elves wielding bastard swords with elaborate designs engraved into the hilt ride in on (extensive description incoming, there's nothing quite like these things so I couldn't just say "frog-like") bipedal creatures with three inch long arms and quarter inch talons. They have no mouth. Their eyes dominate over half of their faces total area and they appear to have two feet per leg. Their scales are a mottled combination of dark green and a vomitous purple. Their gangly and unbecoming appearance is only offset by their absolutely ludicrous speed. With the rate at which they jump from place to place they almost appear to fly.

There are four in all.

Assassin Scales
KILL THE INTERLOPERS! I will attack the Dwarf and the freak of nature.

{1} You have failed..... You fall off your mount in your overzealous attack.

Assassin Quake
KILL THE INTERLOPERS! Attack the dragon! Revenge!

{4} Your blade strikes a glancing blow that simply rebounds off the dragons shimmering scales.

Assassin Mono
KILL THE INTERLOPERS! Murder the Human!

{5} Your blade swings true! {1} Valentine does not dodge in time! The sword give him a long, deep cut on his abdomen, adrenaline and the confusion of the surprise attack prevents Valentine from examining the damage further.

Assassin Dutch
KILL THE INTERLOPERS! Hang back and load my bow.

{6} You fall back to a better position to attack from and nock an arrow. You begin to take aim at {Censored}

500th visit Bonus!

You now have a fifty-fifty chance of something good or bad happening! I flip the Royal Coin.

{2} Good news! Sort of. It rains Warhammers.

Dodge!

Josh {2+1-1} A +Silver Warhammer+ strikes your foot! Breaking two toes.
Grek {3-1} A Iron Warhammer strikes your leg. Fracturing the bone. You fall to the ground.
Bork {3-1} An Adamantine Warhammer fall onto your arm. Chipping the bone.
Ynot {4} Nothing falls near you.
Unknown Human In the Hut. Unharmed.
Blenk In the Hut. Unharmed.
Valentine {6} As a -Steel Warhammer- falls near you, you reach out and take it. The momentum breaks your wrist. You keep hold of the weapon.
Arken {1} A falling Masterwork Bronze Warhammer strikes you in the head. Knocking you out cold.
Klaus In the Riverside Cave. Unharmed.
Assassin Scales {1+1} A Copper Warhammer falls on your right arm. It is absorbed by your armor.
Assassin Quake {1+1} The shaft of a falling *Bismuth Bronze Warhammer* strikes your mount in the tail, startling it. Causing it to buck and waste the following turn. Unharmed.
Assassin Mono {1+1} A falling warhammer of unknown make strikes a tree near to your position. Causing it to fall and trap your foot under it's trunk. You pull your foot out of the boot. You are dismounted.
Assassin Dutch {4+1} You avoid the sudden raining death through force of skill.

Players:

Blenk

Half-Ogre
Sitting in the Hut.
Clothed in torn leather trousers.
Massive Wound.Broken nose. Broken false rib. Internal Bleeding. Extreme External Bleeding. Pain.
Speaks Common. Novice Healing. Dabbling Nature Control/Druid. Novice Terramancer. Heavily Maimed. (incapable of using left arm)

Grek

Half-Dragon
Sitting by the puddle.
Fractured Femur.
Fire Breath. Mighty. Flight. Immunity to Heat. Klutz. Cannot Stand.

Josh

Yeti
Deep within the Forest.
Wielding a log (plus two bashing damage. Minus one agility). Clothed in torn leather trousers.
Two Broken Toes. Ruptured knee muscles.
Speaks Common. Mighty. Agile. Resistance to Cold. Low I.Q. Maimed. Maimed.

Unknown Human

Human.
Inside the Hut's cellar.
Choking on fumes.
Speaks Common. Startled (minus one intelligence from fume-related panic).

Ynot

Eel.
Standing by the puddle.
Carrying Arken. Clothed in torn leather trousers.
Soaked.
Novice Teslamancer.

Valentine

Human.
Standing on the Wreckage.
Holding a -Steel Warhammer-(+2 bashing damage). Holding a (very) roughly cup-shaped piece of metal filled with water. Clothed in torn leather trousers.
Massive cut on Lower Body. Broken Left Wrist. Bleeding. Pain.
Speaks Martian. Novice Telepath (2 uses). Novice Telekinetic (2 uses). Broken Wrist (cannot use left hand).

Bork

Human.
Sitting by the puddle.
Holding a wooden cleaver and one wooden knife. Wielding a wooden club. Clothed in torn leather trousers.
Chipped Humerus.Three broken toes. Broken nose. Great pain.
Speaks Swedish. Maimed. Charged. Maimed Arm.

Klaus

Human
Standing inside of Riverside Cave.
Unharmed.
Speaks English. Novice Sonic attacks.

NPC(s):

Arken

Standing by the puddle.
Wielding unknown weapon. Holding wooden knife. Clothed fully in leather clothing. (leather toga, leather pants, leather shirt underneath the toga, leather boots.)
Hair is now a honeycomb. Bleeding. Pain.
Speaks Dwarvish.

Assassin Scales

Elf.
Dismounted. Holding *<<+Steel Bastard Sword+>>*. Wearing armor.
Unharmed.
Agile.

Assassin Quake

Elf.
Mounted on Unknown Creature. Holding *<<+Steel Bastard Sword+>>*. Wearing armor.
Unharmed.
Agile. Startled Mount.

Assassin Mono

Elf.
Mounted on Unknown Creature. Holding *<<+Steel Bastard Sword+>>*. Wearing armor. Lost one boot.
Unharmed.
Agile.

Assassin Dutch

Elf.
Mounted on Unknown Creature. Holding *<<+Steel Bastard Sword+>>*. Wearing armor.
Unharmed.
Agile.

Assassin Scales' Mount

Unknown
N/A
Unharmed.
No powers.

-~-~-

For the record, "Surprise me" was picked. The poll was a tie. So in the nature of the game, it was decided by a dice roll.

I don't think I failed to deliver on the surprise element. Enjoy fighting these beasties. I gave you most of their information, but as any good conman knows, keep a few cards in reserve for the finale.

The visitor bonus is set off at pre-determined milestones, it just so happened to coincide with the hit squad. Go figure.

Oddly this turn happened to be a total shitstorm. I swear I only planned the Random Encounter. The rest was coincidence. Heh, at least this should liven things up.

Alright, since this is quickly turning into a slaughter, if you live through next turn, all wounds of all characters will be healed. Not including Resurrection if needed.

I'm sincerely sorry about how that turned out. Just try not to get decapitated before the Blessing of Tora (That full heal) kicks in. This is Turn Ten. Death is now a distinct possibility.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 07:06:31 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 23, 2012, 06:35:02 pm »

Pick up the hammer that hit me then head back towards the river, move from shadow to shadow and do my best to avoid being spotted, If attacked get close and use my hammer to beat my enemies head to a pulp if this fails rip his arms off and beat him to death with them.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 10:55:56 pm by mesor »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 23, 2012, 06:46:33 pm »

Blenk will do anything possible to heal himself, using whatever energy is required. He's going to die. And soon, if that wound isn't patched, at the very least.

This RTD is BRUTAL.

Maybe you should have let us start with a healing potion or something...And uh, thanks for the attempt to heal Blenk, telepathic guy.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 23, 2012, 06:50:29 pm »

(( Where would the fun in that be lol? This way is much more fun then you start with a way to heal maybe not for you but hey shit happens in an RTD. ))

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 23, 2012, 06:57:35 pm »

I honestly didn't want to kill you all.

Yet.

But hey, I'm a slave to rolling die. It wouldn't be an RTD without it. And if the die say you are beaten to within an inch of your life by psychotic cookie-baking elves, then so be it.

I still laughed like hell at how this is going. NO REGRETS!

Just one thing, Bork. Now is not the time to start messing with everyone.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 23, 2012, 09:37:03 pm »

{1} You fail to help. In fact, due to unfamiliarity with human anatomy and lack of skill with telekinetics, you accidentally pull the wound open farther.

He is a human! :O I should think he has a better understanding of the human body than Earthlings. Well, at least, HIS body.

But I'm just mad because I rolled a one. :P

Anyhow:

There's a wrongness in my body, I have to withdraw and try to grok right action. Slow down heart rate to basically suspended animation state-slows bleeding, makes it easier to heal the body, etc.! And if I die in this state my soul stays alive! kinda

P.S. I'm probably pissing you off with the mechanics of stuff with this character. In retrospect I should have just made my own character! :O
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 09:42:32 pm by Tylui »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #130 on: October 23, 2012, 09:50:55 pm »

PTW. I'll play later. Nice touch, those warhammers.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 23, 2012, 10:37:09 pm »

Breathe fire at the elves! Let them burn like sugary kindling!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 23, 2012, 10:49:12 pm »

Grab hold of the adamantine Warhammer that hit me and drag myself behind cover.

Weapon Get?
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 23, 2012, 11:06:35 pm »

Weapon Get?

I wouldn't use that. Adama...

Oh hell. Yeah, grab the adamantine hammer bro. You can help protect me, right?

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 23, 2012, 11:44:18 pm »

Weapon Get?

I wouldn't use that. Adama...

Oh hell. Yeah, grab the adamantine hammer bro. You can help protect me, right?
Sure...You'll be the only one I don't try to screw over. Also, what's this about Adamantine? Never encountered it before in any game.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 61