Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reincarnation program, anyone?

Nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope. -breath- Nope.
- 6 (31.6%)
There aren't any wait-listers.....
- 3 (15.8%)
So long as it *is* a new character.
- 7 (36.8%)
Special Snowflake.
- 3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61

Author Topic: Roll To Dodge (Now with Mountains)  (Read 47602 times)

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge (Now with Mountains)
« Reply #885 on: January 15, 2013, 09:57:43 pm »

"Sir!" Slowly push my legs into the ground to slow myself. "My apologies, I'm curious where it is you were going, and if I could join you? You see, I've been stranded here and was severely wounded, as you can see by my mummified lower body."
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 10:02:53 pm by Urist McBeanie »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: January 15, 2013, 10:33:55 pm »

Loot the ashes.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: January 16, 2013, 03:39:12 am »

"Wait, meteor?"
RUN TOWARDS CART!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: January 16, 2013, 09:38:32 am »

GODDAMN WE CAN STILL DO THIS

LICK THE DEMIGOD ON THE SNOUT IN A VERY TENDER MANNER AND RIP OFF HIS FIST

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: January 16, 2013, 11:52:41 am »

Find water.
Pour on lines and sprites
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Zombiebrains234

• Bay Watcher
  • Loves Gold and music.
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: January 16, 2013, 02:23:31 pm »

I decide to peel off some of the char off of the ground and make it into a fine powder. Put char into inventory. Observe actions and Ignore the fact that there is a lack of water nearby.
Always remember to pillage before you burn.

Don't spend two dollars to dry clean a shirt. Donate it to the Salvation Army instead. They'll clean it and put it on a hanger. Next morning buy it back for seventy-five cents.

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: January 17, 2013, 03:15:02 pm »

Post should be within six hours, I'm busy with dwarves and caverns at the moment. In related news, I just had a goblin take six +wombat bone bolts+ and still live. He's practically comatose and the ranger just keep firing, each one has hit a finger or toe. Except the one that ripped his stomach open. That one ended with "His pancreas is broken." "His guts is fractured."

I almost pity him.

Ten bolts, two broken legs, a collapsed lung, a shattered foot, three missing toes, no thumbs, and another baby-snatcher that, wisely, ran the fuck away.

Are these things made of metal or something? How is it still alive?

Edit: Nevermind, he was thoroughly maced. Apparently it takes being surrounded by six heavily armed and armored angry dwarves with spiked clubs to kill one.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 03:22:49 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: January 18, 2013, 07:30:02 pm »

Quick question, how many of you are actually inside the circle of sprites? I kind of screwed up when I started making the 'location' node into a set of badly-made jokes.

Everything else is ready, so whenever I have that number, and a few damage rolls, post will commence.
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: January 18, 2013, 07:31:09 pm »

Pretty sure I'm not, unless that old guy in the cart is inside of it.

EDIT: I believe at least John, Grek, and Unknown are. But I'm not entirely sure.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 07:32:52 pm by Urist McBeanie »

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: January 18, 2013, 07:41:23 pm »

Pretty sure I'm not, unless that old guy in the cart is inside of it.

EDIT: I believe at least John, Grek, and Unknown are. But I'm not entirely sure.
Current list of things I do know:
You are not.
The Cart-guy is not.
Grek, Sarron, and Klaus are all in the same area.
Hex and Hu Man are by the Wreckage, so not in the ring.
Ynot is in an alternate plane of existence, so not.
Unknown is in the ring.
Greater Collection

Zombiebrains234

• Bay Watcher
  • Loves Gold and music.
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: January 18, 2013, 09:17:06 pm »

Im not far from the goblin carcass

Don't spend two dollars to dry clean a shirt. Donate it to the Salvation Army instead. They'll clean it and put it on a hanger. Next morning buy it back for seventy-five cents.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: January 28, 2013, 08:13:58 pm »

Turn Thirty-Seven

Players:

Gragrar
"Sir!" Slowly push my legs into the ground to slow myself. "My apologies, I'm curious where it is you were going, and if I could join you? You see, I've been stranded here and was severely wounded, as you can see by my mummified lower body."

{5} "Well, I would love to help ya' there, but ya' don't seem to be able ta' get into tha' cart, and I'm not the man I used ta' be an' I can't lift ya' in. If ya' can get in, it'd be fine with me if you rode along."

Grek
Loot the ashes.-

{2} Yes, these are ashes.

Klaus
"Wait, meteor?"
RUN TOWARDS CART!

{1} Despite a comet not being a meteor, and a meteor actually being something that burns up in atmosphere, a meteorite the size of Kansas has been offended by your fear and is now coming to teach you manners. Five turns.

Ynot
GODDAMN WE CAN STILL DO THIS

LICK THE DEMIGOD ON THE SNOUT IN A VERY TENDER MANNER AND RIP OFF HIS FIST

{3} Amazingly, the demigod's physical appearance changes. It now has a snout. This transformation leaves without enough time to lick his elongated face or to rip his hand off.

Unknown Human
Find water.
Pour on lines and sprites

{2} Struck with newfound vigor from his genius idea, Unknown searches about for sources of water. There's a puddle ten feet from him! Outside the circle of thermonuclear reactions. All the water within the circle has been evaporated by the heat.

John Zombie
I decide to peel off some of the char off of the ground and make it into a fine powder. Put char into inventory. Observe actions and Ignore the fact that there is a lack of water nearby.

{4} That he does. Some char is ground into a powder, how? We don't really know. Neither do you. But it is.

Hex
Heyama dwarf and I'm digging a hole. Diggy-diggy hole. I'm digging a hole.

{2} Nope. Hex miserably fails to diggy-diggy hole.

NPCs:

Sprites

{2+3} As the trio of trapped individuals watch in awe, each and every one of the flame sprites expand to immense sizes... then explode. Twice.

EXPLOSIONS

Unknown Human: {4} Quicker than most could follow, Unknown thrusts himself to the ground as a wave of force and heat passes him harmlessly by.
Grek:          {3} Fireproof, and scales. No damage.
Sarron:       {5} Not one to be beaten, Sarron actually digs a small burrow in the ground with the impact of his cover-dive.

AND FIRE!

Unknown Human: {3} On the other hand, the fires managed to ignite both of his lower legs.
Grek:          {N/A} Fireproof, what can ya' do.
Sarron:       {N/A} Burrow power!

Aftermath

Turns out, all the little sprites wanted to do was kill themselves in a shower of sparks nuclear flame and pleasant lights kiloton force and leave something special behind. Namely, {6} an armada of giant mushrooms. Normal mushrooms, beyond beind giant.

Spot/Listen Check:

{17} The old man has two gold teeth.
The potentially-pointy shinies in his wagon are a mixture of weapons, puzzleboxes, and lumps of coal.
The asteroid-soon-to-be-meteorite is named Steve.
Night has fallen.
Click-clack. Clickity-clack. Clomp.
The wind has blown most of the ash in the air toward the south.

Players:

Spoiler: Grek (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Unknown Human (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ynot (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Valentine (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Klaus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gragrar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sarron (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hex (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: John Zombie (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hu Man (click to show/hide)

NPC(s):

Flora and Fauna:

-~-~-
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
Greater Collection

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: January 28, 2013, 08:25:21 pm »

Oh, and I had almost forgotten. Remember those apocalypse stories I wrote? I had completely forgotten to post them once you all reunited. So, have them now. Spoilered, as this is going to be massive. Note, plenty of God-modding and cheesy writing. I was bored. Very bored. Bolded words have an acronym describing the roll I made at that point.

This is it. Many will probably be lost in the following pages, but those who survive I would greatly appreciate it if you were to pick up the pieces and continue this little game of mine. I may have lost many questlines in that blast, but I am at least somewhat able to make everything up as I go along. There will be no shortage of bad plot and, hopefully smaller, explosions in the future. Now, without further preface and moping, let the games begin.

Strike the Earth.

Spoiler: Josh (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Blenk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Valentine (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sarron (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Klaus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Arken (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Grek and Unknown (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gragrar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ynot (click to show/hide)

Wow, that lagged. A lot.
Greater Collection

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: January 28, 2013, 08:27:32 pm »

Notice the meteor.

Locate some sort of cover to protect from the rocky part of the blast. The flamey part should be OK.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zombiebrains234

• Bay Watcher
  • Loves Gold and music.
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: January 28, 2013, 08:37:22 pm »

Mix Char/Ash/Dust/Whatever the hell it actually is now with my pocketlint/pocketsand. Carefully climb mountain to get a better view of combat.

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61