Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reincarnation program, anyone?

Nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope. -breath- Nope.
- 6 (31.6%)
There aren't any wait-listers.....
- 3 (15.8%)
So long as it *is* a new character.
- 7 (36.8%)
Special Snowflake.
- 3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 61

Author Topic: Roll To Dodge (Now with Mountains)  (Read 47633 times)

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge (Now with Mountains)
« Reply #765 on: November 22, 2012, 06:01:50 pm »

Is it too late to join?

EDIT: I don't think it is so:

Name: Hex
Race: Stone Golem shaped in the likeness of a dwarf

If not, add me to a waiting list

You're in. Action?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 06:06:16 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: November 22, 2012, 06:06:39 pm »

am I still at the start despite it's derelict state?

If so: look around for anything useful someone might have missed
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 06:08:55 pm by Terrahex »
What do you think? Yes? No?

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: November 22, 2012, 06:18:48 pm »

Just a few questions for the character sheet:

Language(s)?
Racial abilities?
Magic?
Skills?
Weaknesses?
Wounds?

Anything of that nature. Things such as Age, Gender, or other cosmetic settings aren't important at the moment, and can easily be filled in later. Height, Weight, and Strength might come in....
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: November 22, 2012, 06:42:36 pm »

Language(s): can't speak
Racial abilities?: can't be cut obviously, resistant to fire, can rebuild body parts from surrounding stone, resistance to electricity
Magic: none yet
Skills: crafting things from stone with bare hands
Weaknesses: ice, bulldozers, has difficulty operating machinery
Wounds: erosion from years of existence. imagine a weathered dwarven statue

Height: 4'6"
weight: lots
strength: much

EDIT: action:Search around for anything useful that might have been missed such as weapons before noting the position of the sun and heading south-east
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 11:00:31 pm by Terrahex »

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: November 24, 2012, 08:42:08 am »

Alright, you're in. I'm going to assume granite as your main structural component for melting/Moh's Hardness calculations.

Just waiting for Tylui and TopHat.
Greater Collection

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: November 24, 2012, 02:11:09 pm »

Call out a greeting to the light, if it does not reply creep cautiously towards it, brandishing the hammer menacingly.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: November 24, 2012, 05:49:39 pm »

Turn Twenty Seven

Players:

Klaus
Move to the dirt and chip away at the rock near the dirt patch.

{5} Klaus hobbles over to the wall he had begun tunneling in earlier, luckily the collapse hadn't made more dirt fall in to fill the hole he made. As the lawyer smashed the rock in his hand into the edges of the hole, they slowly expanded until he could fit himself into it. Klaus starts feverishly digged throught he dirt above him with his new spade, making considerable progress.

Grek
Perfect fire-breath-tube-jetting technique while coming up with a better name for it.

{3} Grek tries to breathe through the tube again... Success! This time he is ready for the recoil and actually gets a foot off the ground before he loses control.

Sarron
Hear the bear and fly over to it.

{2} The call echoes out over the mountains, the roar seems to be coming from every direction at once. Sarron can't accurately locate the bear.

Gragrar
Try to gauge how long and deep the gorge is.

{1} He looks deep into the chasm, all he can see is black. Gragrar picks up a nearby rock and drops it in, he waits for five seconds before a faint echo rings back up to him.

Ynot
Focusing his life energy, Ynot will channel a slap directed at the face of Sithis.

"GET OVER HERE YOU LAZY BASTARD, YOU'RE NEEDED FOR ONCE"

{3+2*} Ynot channels his inner being, what's left of it, and tries to open-palm pimpslap a demigod. Success! Sithis hears your plea. Staying your death for a little longer to hear you out.

Hex
Search around for anything useful that might have been missed such as weapons before noting the position of the sun and heading south-east

{1} He climbs to his feet, stretches a bit. Then looks around him, trying to find anything of value. There's nothing in sight but dust, ash, and cinders. Hex looks to the sky trying to get a bearing on direction, only to find the sky fully overcast.

{4} Valentine
Skim Arken's memory. Talking is for corporeal beings.

{4} Valentine feels around inside Arken's head. Arken feels your intrustion. You learn a bit of Dwarvish while in there, but can't understand much else. A lot of explosions and crying, though.

Unknown Human
Call out a greeting to the light, if it does not reply creep cautiously towards it, brandishing the hammer menacingly.

{6} He crouches and walks slowly toward the light stopping at the foot of the hill, "Who goes there?" No response. "You! The light!" The light flickers and it begins to grow brighter as whatever it is closes the distance to the crest of the hill. Unknown readies his weapon, preparing for the worst. What he does see rattles him slightly, he had found flickering flame floating four feet from the ground just a foot tall, and a light green. More started to pour over the hill cascading down towards the group.

NPCs:

Arken
Thor's chest hair! What is this?!

{5} Arken evicts Valentine from his head, shaking it furiously. Building steel walls guarding his conciousness with his conviction to find a pint. He looks around, trying to see what just attacked him.

Flora and Fauna

Geoff

{N/A} Geoff happily munches on Ynot's tail.

Spot/Listen Check:
{5} Everyone around the piles of wreckage Unknown is returning to see the lights. Preparing themselves for whatever is to come.

Players:

Spoiler: Grek (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Unknown Human (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ynot (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Valentine (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Klaus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gragrar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sarron (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hex (click to show/hide)

Flora and Fauna:

Spoiler: Geoff (click to show/hide)

-~-~-

*: Because kittens. Sithis can't save your life. That is preordained. But he can do something so long as you roll high enough, natural roll not another god modifier.

I would have let you die and have Sithis kill the bear, but knowing your previous rolls... Odds are you will come up with something random and far more interesting. But if you just want Sithis to murder the bear, that works as well.
Greater Collection

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: November 24, 2012, 06:14:17 pm »

Try to figure out what could be causing this.
((fire? Check. Nuclear physics? Probably))
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: November 24, 2012, 06:21:33 pm »

"Do you see this bear? This bear is pathetic. Weak. Not even a decent berserker. I swear, if it wasn't for my ordained role as a wizard I would have strangled him already, but no. Apparently nobody was busy enough to actually intercept my call to you, yet since you're already here, I will do one thing. I, Ynot of Nubantea, as per the Codex Scientia, challenge your avatar to a round of combat. Here's hoping there's still some honor left in you, you bastard."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: November 24, 2012, 06:34:58 pm »

Grek: Keep working on fire-breath-rocket-tubing.

Sarron: Fly towards the bear! Possibly!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: November 24, 2012, 11:38:43 pm »

Keep digging

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: November 25, 2012, 12:31:57 am »

See if I can find a way around. Look for any downed trees I might be able to lift.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: November 26, 2012, 09:47:10 pm »

Find a sizable boulder and craft it into a pike

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: November 27, 2012, 09:40:48 pm »

How many besides Arken are at my clearing?

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: November 28, 2012, 04:59:35 pm »

How many besides Arken are at my clearing?
Two others.
Greater Collection
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 61