Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reincarnation program, anyone?

Nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope. -breath- Nope.
- 6 (31.6%)
There aren't any wait-listers.....
- 3 (15.8%)
So long as it *is* a new character.
- 7 (36.8%)
Special Snowflake.
- 3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 61

Author Topic: Roll To Dodge (Now with Mountains)  (Read 47628 times)

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge (Now with Mountains)
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2012, 05:19:34 pm »

Turn Five

Bork
Wail on the Platform Supports, before walking towards the hut.

{3} You manage to tear down the already severely weakened support struts. The Spawn platform begins falling!

Collapse!
Bork: {5-1} You avoid injury. You continue towards the hut.
Blenk: {3} You fall down with the platform. A false rib is broken on impact! A metal strut falls on your from the wreckage; pinning you under it!
GreK: {2-1} You do not realize your peril in time. You fall with the wreckage. Before actually landing you manage to open your wings and soften the impact. Your scales absorb the rest. But they do not absorb the flying piece of shrapnel that is now stuck in your left arm.
Josh: {2+1-1} You do not get out of the way before the wreckage topples above you. A jagged piece of metal flies toward you! {3-1+1} You jump away! The shard strike a jagged cut along your forearm.
Valentine: {4} You avoid injury from the falling wreckage. You notice the box comes to a rest a few feet from the wreckage. Still open. The light has turned red.

Josh
Attack Bork, attempt to injure his arm to prevent him doing any more damage then continue looking around for a cave.

{3+1} You jump on Bork and punch him twice in the arm. Heavily bruising the muscle. {4} You look around but the mountains surface is completely blemish-free. There are no caves in this area. You notice a forest off to your right and a wide river to the left.

Grek
Strike Bork in face with box while trying to break it. Apologize, then return to box-smashing.

{4+1} You bash the box into Bork's face. You turn the box into slag. The power source to the light fizzles.

Blenk
Blenk, realizing that without reagent's magic is impossible, will quickly head to the hut, and make sure it's secure. Loot the inside as well.
Too many actions. You only get 0-2. Based on how successful your roll is.

{3} You begin marching toward the hut.

Ynot
Give the air above the puddle a negative charge. Find cave, proceed towards it.

{6} You put too much energy into the attempt. You cancel out the puddle's positive charge. You do not see any caves.

Unknown Human
Get inside the hut.

{3} You arrive at the foot of the cliff. You see a winding path up to the precipice.

Valentine
Help brace the Platform Supports while staying out of the way. Also head down the valley.

{6} You valiantly try to prevent the collapse of the Platform, but you are too late. You begin walking away from the Spawn Platform.

Blenk

Half-Troll
Pinned under the Wreckage.
Clothed in torn leather trousers.
Soaked. Broken nose. Broken false rib. Internal and External Bleeding. Great Pain.
Speaks Common. Novice Shaman. Pinned (-3 to movement).

Grek

Half-Dragon
Standing on the Wreckage.
Soaked. Shrapnel in left forearm. Bleeding. Pain.
Fire Breath. Mighty. Flight. Immunity to Heat. Klutz. Shrapnel (Cannot use left forearm until shrapnel is removed, otherwise the wound will worsen.)

Josh

Yeti
Standing near the Wreckage.
Soaked. Ruptured knee muscles. Long cut. Bleeding. Pain.
Speaks Common. Mighty. Agile. Resistance to Cold. Low I.Q. Maimed.

Unknown Human

Human.
At the foot of the cliff.
Soaked. Weakening Cold. Clothed in torn leather trousers.
Unharmed.
Speaks Common.

Ynot

Eel.
Standing near puddle.
Soaked.
Dabbling Teslamancer. (1 use!)

Valentine

Human.
A short distance away from the Platform.
Soaked.
Speaks Martian. Novice Telepath. Novice Telekinetic.

Bork

Human.
Nearly to the hut.
Soaked. Heavy bruising of the arm. Three broken toes. Broken nose. Bleeding. Great pain.
Speaks Swedish. Maimed. Charged. Wound (-1 to attempts to use mangled arm.)

Spot/Listen Check:
{2} You fail to notice anything useful.

-~-~-
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 06:06:15 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2012, 05:31:53 pm »

Blenk will call for help, while casting something to sooth the pain.

HALF-OGRE?

WHAT? I said he's a Half-Dwarf, Half-Troll hybrid. I am SERIOUSLY offended here.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2012, 05:42:54 pm »

Contemplate purpose of pants.

Slither all over the people that just so happened to fall from the platform.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2012, 05:45:25 pm »

Carefully remove shrapnel from arm.
Look at what's left of the box.

"Oops..."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2012, 06:05:14 pm »

@Caerwyn: Sorry, I lost track of my green beast races. And I don't mention the dwarf part just as I don't mention Grek's human half. It doesn't affect the mental image or the gameplay nearly as much as the troll and dragon halves do.

Edit: Apologies, I apparently missed something. *my* mental image. It doesn't affect mine much at all. It gets to be a pain factoring in the less exotic race and most people don't really care about it beside maybe a few skill/stat modifiers, so I don't. In my twisted little head, Blenk is a small green thing. That is about all I have cared to think of.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 04:58:37 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2012, 06:17:48 pm »

Go to the river , clean my wound.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2012, 06:51:57 pm »

Here's a full description of blenk.

Height: 5'2".
Weight: 142 pounds.
Skin: Dark brown-green, sort of like a forest-y color. Slightly rough to touch, and very stiff.
Body type: Muscular, very thick leg muscles, arm's are powerful too.
Hair: Blenk has shoulder-length green hair, as well as a medium-sized, bushy beard.
Face: Blenk's nose is a bit angular, with thick bushy eyebrows and slanted gray eyes. His face is slightly more angular than round, but it's not too noticeable. Overall, he looks like a shorter type of troll, with darker, non-trollish skin, a thick beard and a head full of hair.

His fingers are of average length, quite thin, with short 1" nails. (They're clipped). The nails are flatter and broader than a normal Troll's nails, which are generally long and thin, but they're still wickedly sharp, and dangerous.

He also has the normal innate vision enhancement common in such creatures, (Both Dwarves and Trolls, among others), letting him see clearly at night, but they are a bit sensitive to bright lights.

Trolls are thin, tall, green and generally hairless, being more savage and brutish than cunning and intelligent. So, Blenk's pretty silly looking, but he's a far cry from the normal trollish...Looks.

"DOESN'T AFFECT THE MENTAL IMAGE", he said.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2012, 07:18:42 pm »

Return to the wreckage to find some shrapnel that would work as a cup. Offer water to Blenk! Try to teach him the meaning of "water brothers" with telepathy.

Might be hard to communicate with such a vastly different type of mind, but the Dwarf half should at least have an understanding of brotherhood and comradeship.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2012, 10:23:13 pm »

((I am an Asshole, I am an Asshole! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JVrJi7iruI))
Look around inside the hut for anything that could either heal my wounds or be wielded as a weapon. Also books on fire breathing.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2012, 12:41:28 pm »

Get inside the hut. I don't want to freeze to death or get murdered by my 'freinds'
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2012, 06:05:45 pm »

Turn Six

Blenk
Blenk will call for help, while casting something to soothe the pain.
If you were wondering, this was a good idea. While it did sort of screw you, if you didn't lessen the pain, you would have passed out and unless someone helped you or you got a particularly good roll, you would have gotten stuck in a blood-loss unconciousness to pain-induced unconciousness loop until turn eleven and death.
{4} Blenk calls out to anyone nearby to help him. Blenk then casts an "oxycotin" spell. His pain abates. The arcane painkiller dulls his senses and mind.

Ynot
Contemplate purpose of pants. Slither all over the people that just so happened to fall from the platform.

{5} You philosophically delve into the true meaning of pants. You discover it's a coping mechanism for lack of fertility. You base this on absolutely nothing. You proceed to slither over Blenk and Grek. Making them thoroughly uncomfortable.

Grek
Carefully remove shrapnel from arm. Look at what's left of the box.

{5} You manage to pull the shrapnel from your arm without worsening the bleeding. There is still a giant gaping hole in your arm, though. It's your lucky day! Inside the box is one small bag of healing powder. (it was going to be a weapon but you guys need this much more.)

Josh
Go to the river, clean my wound.

{4} You quickly jog over to the river and wash any contaminants from your various scrapes, bruises, and cuts.

Valentine
Return to the wreckage to find some shrapnel that would work as a cup. Offer water to Blenk! Try to teach him the meaning of "water brothers" with telepathy.
I am lost on what water brothers means so I just left it at that.
{5} You manage to find a small piece of flayed metal capable of holding liquid, the rain has already filled it. You offer the water to Blenk and sucessfully impress on him the meaing of water brothers.

Bork
Look around inside the hut for anything that could either heal my wounds or be wielded as a weapon. Also books on fire breathing.

{6} You arrive inside the hut. There is a single bookshelf in the corner, a small kitchen with three wooden cupboards, a bed, and a small workshop of some sort. You break off a leg of the bed to be used as a club. The bed breaks.

Unknown Human
Get inside the hut. I don't want to freeze to death or get murdered by my 'freinds'

{6} You enter the hut.

Blenk

Half-Ogre
Pinned under the Wreckage.
Soaked. Broken nose. Broken false rib. Internal and External Bleeding.
Speaks Common. Novice Shaman. Pinned. Mind is Fuzzy (-2 to magic use, -1 to intelligence checks).

Grek

Half-Dragon
Standing on the Wreckage.
Soaked. Deep jagged cut in left forearm. Bleeding. Pain.
Fire Breath. Mighty. Flight. Immunity to Heat. Klutz. Shrapnel (Cannot use left forearm until shrapnel is removed, otherwise the wound will worsen.)

Josh

Yeti
Standing by the River.
Soaked. Ruptured knee muscles. Long cut. The water staunches your bleeding. You are no longer in pain.
Speaks Common. Mighty. Agile. Resistance to Cold. Low I.Q. Maimed.

Unknown Human

Human.
Inside the hut.
Weakening Cold. Soaked.
Speaks Common.

Ynot

Eel.
Molesting the other adventurers.
Soaked.
Dabbling Teslamancer. (1 use!)

Valentine

Human.
A short distance away from the Platform.
Holding a (very) roughly cup-shaped piece of metal filled with water. Clothed in torn leather trousers.
Soaked.
Speaks Martian. Novice Telepath. Novice Telekinetic.

Bork

Human.
Nearly to the hut.
Wielding a wooden club (plus one bashing damage). Clothed in torn leather trousers.
Soaked. Heavy bruising of the arm. Three broken toes. Broken nose. Bleeding. Great pain.
Speaks Swedish. Maimed. Charged. Wound (-1 to attempts to use mangled arm.)

Spot/Listen Check:
{1} You do not notice anything. None of you notice anything. Despite many new things being blatantly obvious. None of you notice anything.

-~-~-

And the group's clown/asshole is the first one armed. That is probably not a good thing.

Oh, and you didn't check the shelves because of rushing (6).
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 06:14:19 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2012, 06:07:20 pm »

Consume healing powder!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2012, 06:15:10 pm »

I was kind of expecting as much. Next turn should be eventful.

I should really implement a back-up system in case of awful spot checking. There could be an elephant tea-bagging you right now and with a roll like that you wouldn't notice.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 06:17:47 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2012, 06:18:47 pm »

Take a drink then head to the forest, look for food and a place to rest.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2012, 06:48:19 pm »

Since nobody is helping him, Blenk will

Groan in pain, and stay as still as possible, to lessen any blood-flows.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 61