Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Best ways to troll somebody's raw files?  (Read 16916 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Best ways to troll somebody's raw files?
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2012, 10:55:26 pm »

Six pages of Bay12 being Bay12... Its amazing.

And the original poster posted twice.

BTW, how is the trolling going?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2012, 11:46:17 pm »

This sounds cool to do deliberately, but I've yet to find an accessible guide that'll teach me how to mod my game to make things more dangerous like this. Links, anybody?
If you go to data/init/world_gen.txt you'll see a long list of parameters, each titled LARGE REGION, LARGE ISLAND, etc., as you see if you pick the 'Design New World with Advanced Parameters' option in the main menu. To add your own world to this list, you edit it into world_gen.txt. To get the world, you pick an existing item on the default list and press 'c' to copy it to the bottom of the list. Press 't' to retitle it for future reference. Highlight it and press 'e' to start editing the parameters. What you do here will depend on what difficulty you want to add and what kind of geography you want to go with it. Make sure you save your settings in between worldgens (F6) -- you can grab the settings post-gen and then paste them into the worldgen file, but it's one button press to do it in the worldgen screens. This also automatically edits world_gen.txt in much the same way that saving an embark profile edits embark_profiles.txt.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Advanced_world_generation : Has information on what each parameter does. It doesn't tell you which values to use to make things easier or harder, but it does give enough information for you to get some starting values for your more extreme worlds. I have noted that the minimum savagery can be turned up quite a way -- 25 will push the average up without making too much of the map off-limits to civilisation. I also recommend zeroing all of the 'Minimum [....] Count' and 'Minimum Number of [....]' parameters, as it's very easy to cause infinite rejections by, say, making the world so dry that the game can't place enough forests. If worldgen makes it most of the way but then fails early in the 'placing civs' stage you'll need to either tone down the world a bit or change the entity settings to make civilisations less fussy about where they settle.

You can do a search on the forums for '[parameter] worldgen', but bear in mind that any posts from before April 2010 will reflect 40d's geography (the most notable differences being certain features being limited only to mountains, and magma being found in fewer locations) and any posts that are more recent but from before February 2012 will reflect 0.31's rather less evil Evil areas.

Really, just play around with the settings. The random nature of worldgen means that the same tweaked settings with different seeds can produce worlds that run from underwhelming to awesome. Even with the defaults you can get a variety of worlds.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

JBlak

• Bay Watcher
  • The Game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2012, 12:45:41 am »

I'm a lurker by nature. Besides, watching Bay12 be Bay12 is fun.
Shimbilagak

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2012, 12:51:36 am »

I'm a lurker by nature. Besides, watching Bay12 be Bay12 is fun.
Ph shit your here? Then tell us, For whom do you want to prepare this bevy of trolling?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2012, 01:26:32 am »

Two options:

1) Add [MAT_FIXED_TEMP:10180] to every plant. This will set the temperature of any items produced from that plant to the boiling point. Any liquids will immediately boil off and mere contact with clothing/items made of this material will eventually kill the wearer by bleeding out. I know this because I modded in a tree with that temperature setting and a woodcutter died because burns inflicted by his steam stalk training axe. It's a very slow, subtle process though.

2) Up every SOLID_DENSITY entry in the game to that of slade's.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2012, 01:58:29 am »

Give goblins a metal with the same stats as candy. Name it "steel".
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

wagawaga

• Bay Watcher
  • He is utterly unaware of his own intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2012, 05:07:13 am »

If possible, increase the frequency and duration of breaks, and the speed at which dwarves make friends.
It will both cripple any kind of industry and prepare the perfect grounds for a tantrum spiral.

Again if possible, make the happiness hit from a deceased friend immense. It won't be a tantrum spiral as much as a tantrum blitz.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2012, 11:23:37 am »

If possible, increase the frequency and duration of breaks, and the speed at which dwarves make friends.
It will both cripple any kind of industry and prepare the perfect grounds for a tantrum spiral.

Again if possible, make the happiness hit from a deceased friend immense. It won't be a tantrum spiral as much as a tantrum blitz.

Neither are.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2012, 01:01:39 pm »

Doesn't a dwarf's personality have an effect on how well they make friends?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2012, 01:19:30 pm »

Switch versions on them.  Give them a previous version, preferably one where they won't instantly catch on but will adversly affect them.

They will spend all day wondering why this and why that.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Trainzack

• Bay Watcher
  • The universe is, and we are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2012, 05:50:41 pm »

If the person being trolled is new, make a new metal called 'candy', and make it really common. If he reads the forums, he'll try to mine as much as possible, thinking that it's the best metal available. Make sure that it's not.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2012, 05:53:01 pm »

If the person being trolled is new, make a new metal called 'candy', and make it really common. If he reads the forums, he'll try to mine as much as possible, thinking that it's the best metal available. Make sure that it's not.
Or better yet, he'll read the spoilers and avoid it like the plague.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2012, 09:49:28 pm »

If he reads the forums... He'll read this.
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"

Belvita

• Bay Watcher
  • Percutiet terram!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 22, 2012, 07:50:38 am »

Yes. Yes, I do read the forums. I am the attempted trolling victim. Thank you for your most excellent ideas.
Elves - The least dangerous game.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #104 on: October 22, 2012, 08:00:59 am »

Want more?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9