Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Best ways to troll somebody's raw files?  (Read 16914 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Best ways to troll somebody's raw files?
« Reply #105 on: October 22, 2012, 08:10:04 am »

Personally I recommend something a bit easier. Change the names of a few creatures, make dogs called cats and cats called dogs for instance.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2012, 08:14:54 am »

Duplicate raws!

1. Copy iron.
2. Put an exact copy of iron in the same file.
3. Very Fun.

It screws up certain materials. Once I got a geological layer of "frozen haunting mist" from an evil biome with duped raws. Further science is needed.
My wooden badge was delicious.

I am Leo

• Bay Watcher
  • Ia ia Oggez Rashaz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 22, 2012, 09:05:30 am »

Replace all the prefstrings you can find with ridiculous ones, possibly hinting at chances you've made to that creature's raws.

"He likes bees for their smooth jazz"
"He likes cats for their liquid bones"

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 22, 2012, 11:05:20 am »

I liked this one a lot: "change melting points of all rock to make it non-magma-safe."

Yes. Yes, I do read the forums. I am the attempted trolling victim. Thank you for your most excellent ideas.
aaah!  Busted!! :o

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2012, 11:07:02 am »

I liked this one a lot: "change melting points of all rock to make it non-magma-safe."

Yes. Yes, I do read the forums. I am the attempted trolling victim. Thank you for your most excellent ideas.
I dunno, you gonn a check for every example, every time you play?  gonna check every line of editable code? :P
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Xob Ludosmbax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 22, 2012, 02:40:35 pm »

I dunno, you gonn a check for every example, every time you play?  gonna check every line of editable code? :P

editable code?  hah!  If dfhack is in use, (and you're feeling particularly ambitious,) recompile dfhack with some adjustments.

• Have autodump selectively destroy items instead of dumping them.  In particular, every 5th item dumped gets destroyed instead, and if more than 25 items are dumped, destroy half of the remaining items.
  • If workflow is used, make it "forget" orders every so often.  For example, every time an order is triggered, it has a 0.1% chance of cancelling itself.
  • Modify "die" to call "quicksave" first.
  • Make cursecheck lie.
  • tweak fixmigrant -- change the dwarf's stats to that of a superdwarf, then make it miserable.

If you're feeling less ambitious, use dfhack.init to link F1 to "catsplosion".  You may also consider writing a lua script to forbid all booze whenever escape is pressed, and unforbid it when k or z are pressed.

omg_scout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 23, 2012, 04:32:39 am »

You can apply a binary patch to the victims dwarf fortress executable. Possibilities are endless.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 23, 2012, 06:33:28 am »

You'd be surprised how astoundingly easy this is. Ever heard of "diff" (in Linux) or "WinMerge"?
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

M_So

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 23, 2012, 02:14:57 pm »

Make training spears deadly and wait for them to make a danger room. :D

Also anyone know if their is a way to make dwarfs sparing deadly? with or without training weapons.
Your fortress lived happily ever after. A winner is you!
Press Enter to close window...

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 23, 2012, 02:24:51 pm »

What if you buffed training weapons?  or made dorfskin/muscle extremely frail?  Or made certain foods induce syndrome ranging from 'haha, you got blisters' to 'holy crap, he's bleeding out'? After a gestation period, of course.

Ohh edit:  I think I remember seeing something about syndromes being able to edit a 'break counter' that determines when your dorfs feel the need to take breaks.  Use that to make them always take breaks after eating/drinking.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 02:29:13 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 23, 2012, 02:31:15 pm »

Make wooden weapons and armor as good as adamantine and make the elves go to war after a fortress cuts one tree.

Zaffre

• Bay Watcher
  • Thou hath uncivil weaponry and an unclean mind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 23, 2012, 03:01:53 pm »

Make the boiling point of cats below zero. Wait until he has a catsplosion and add it, and then when the changes are made his cats will burst into flames. If the fort doesn't die by the fire then they'll die from the tantrum spiral.

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 23, 2012, 03:12:52 pm »

Make dwarves lay eggs
What would that do to dwarven society? Would the dwarves treat their eggs as food, resulting in cannibalism and no new births? Would dwarven breeding take much longer? Would it require nest boxes?
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 24, 2012, 01:17:59 am »

Make dwarves lay eggs
What would that do to dwarven society? Would the dwarves treat their eggs as food, resulting in cannibalism and no new births? Would dwarven breeding take much longer? Would it require nest boxes?
Sapient egg laying creatures function like average egg laying creatures. They require nest boxes and said sapient creatures only eat the eggs if the eggs are not forbidden. The eggs hatch fine, though.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 26, 2012, 12:33:07 pm »

Add the [SOCKET] tag to some external bodyparts. "The cat scratches the hammerlord in the left leg and the severed part sails off in an arc!"

Add [UNDER_PRESSURE] for all internal organs. "The goblin stabs the axedwarf in the upper body, spilling his lungs!" (actually, this sounds so good I'll try it myself.)

Make a new, extremely rare dwarf caste that looks normal but has a mean, long-cooldown greeting interaction. There's been plenty of ideas for these, but something subtle like swelling eyes or nose would cause puzzlement without being game-breaking.

Add [NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT] to goblins so tearing their brains won't be automatically lethal.

You could also add plenty of small, insignificant bodyparts to goblins so hitting them would have less chance to damage vital organs. "The axedwarf hacks the goblin in the left earlobe! The swordsdwarf stabs the goblin in the right nostril! The war dog bites the goblin in the left eyebrow!"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9