Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Well... crap. (And other expletives!)  (Read 2553 times)

Sidhien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Well... crap. (And other expletives!)
« on: October 13, 2012, 11:30:57 pm »

So I'm learning to fear the unpause button. My 3 year old fortress has already barely survived a necromancer attack and subsequent goblin ambush when it gets invaded by over a hundred undead humans and goblins. Literally seconds after unpausing a goblin siege arrives. The goblin battle lines are just beginning to meet the undead horde when Ezum Uthirstukos, Wereskink arrives. Including my embattled and somewhat armed militia of 10 recruits, this is now a 4-way battle royale.

Edit: Fuck, a reindeer corpse just reanimated. This is gonna be FUN.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 11:50:32 pm by Sidhien »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Well... crap. (And other expletives!)
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 11:37:50 pm »

Clearly the solution is to infect your dwarves with wereskinkism, then flee. Seriously the solution is always let them fight it out.

Unless a necro is actually there. In which case your screwed. Also, Were aren't as useful against a siege as you might hope. I had a were lizard show up once, just fought a legendary hammergobbo until he turned into a reptile man (Hilariously sad animal choice there), and was slaughtered.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 11:39:40 pm »

Seal away your dwarves with a pickaxe and some plump helmets. They'll be fine.

Sidhien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 11:48:14 pm »

There's definitely at least one necromancer here, from the combat reports and the fact that dead things are starting to come back. The wereskink took out a few zombies before being overwhelmed. I don't think any of the goblins have been killed yet, but they're making a stand on top of a hill as the undead converge on them.

I've gotten the main gate sealed, and plan to dig a a heavily cage-trapped auxiliary entrance tunnel to deal with who ever wins.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 12:07:05 am by Sidhien »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 11:59:24 pm »

Seal away your dwarves with a pickaxe and some plump helmets. They'll be fine.
Sigged. Sadly it's not quite so funny out-of-context.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 12:04:28 am »

There's definitely at least one necromancer here, from the combat reports and the fact that dead things are starting to come back. The wereskink took out a few zombies before being overwhelmed. I don't think any of the goblins have been killed yet, but they're making a stand on top of a hill as the undead converge on them.

I've gotten the main gate sealed, and plan to dig a a heavily cage-trapped auxiliary entrance tunnel to deal with who ever wins.
It'll be the corpses. As long as, during the battle, a net increase of corpses is occuring, it'll be the corpses that win. Unless the necro dies, in which case your fine, but still. You aren't going to see them get weaker. I suggest that you get onbuilding a ballista to aid your traps corridor.

Sidhien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 12:06:56 am »

Update: the dwarves have just noticed that no one's seen Mr. Fuzzykins the alpaca lately. Goblins fought bravely but died. The undead seem to be the victors, at least until my mega-trap hallway of trappiness is completed.

Did I mention there will be traps?

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 12:07:47 am »

Needs more magma.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 12:08:42 am »

Needs more magma.
Yes, because clearly what we need here is on fire zombies.

Sidhien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 12:13:22 am »

...I do have magma.

But I'd like to take the necromancer alive. That way there can be unlimited on fire zombies. For later.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 12:17:04 am by Sidhien »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 12:58:45 am »

I am impressed. It's cool to see someone go from "there's a battle outside whatdoIdo OMGOMG" to "take him alive... for fun".

They grow up so fast  8)

No, but seriously, having a necromancer around to continuously reraise all zombies could be !!fun!!12...

Note 1: I'm on the stupid Mac computers at work, I don't know how to make the single-character double exclamation mark sign on this thing...
Note 2: Until one Dwarf dies in the hospital, or while in the workshops, or goes melancholy in the dining room, and doesn't get hauled into the corpse pit fast enough...
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

darkgloomie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2012, 01:51:32 am »

...I do have magma.

But I'd like to take the necromancer alive. That way there can be unlimited on fire zombies. For later.
if you're already planning on taking the necro alive, may I suggest bacon farming?

Sidhien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2012, 09:26:13 am »

It's working!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: No necromancer, sadly. He must've buggered off. I'm open to ideas for what to do with 100+ zombies.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 09:52:11 am by Sidhien »

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2012, 09:42:42 am »

Clearly the solution is to infect your dwarves with wereskinkism
So, they will shed their beards and flee when they see a scary goblin/zombie/elf? (and later regenerate it)
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2012, 10:21:38 am »

Clearly the solution is to infect your dwarves with wereskinkism
So, they will shed their beards and flee when they see a scary goblin/zombie/elf? (and later regenerate it)

When weres were first introduced i too had a were skink. I say had, when he turned some dorfs managed to dismember him, but he didn't die. Then he turned back to a dorf as he was infected by  a dead were skink. Okay. Fine. He turned back, he was fully healed. He turned again. I noticed something..all of his pieces he left behind turned into wereskinks.

Regenerating wereskink bits are not good news.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!
Pages: [1] 2