Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Butchering sentients?  (Read 854 times)

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Butchering sentients?
« on: October 13, 2012, 10:26:16 pm »

If you play with an Elf adventurer, can you butcher sentients?

pbnjoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Butchering sentients?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 10:56:13 pm »

If you play with an Elf adventurer, can you butcher sentients?

A quick test in the testing arena tells me no. You get the same "You are not that hungry." Not sure if you can change raws to affect that though.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 11:12:32 pm »

You can't even do it as a goblin or animal person.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 11:17:31 pm »

probably has to do with ethics, which are based on civ. default is probably standard dwarf or something. considering [BUTCHER_SENTIENT: ACCEPTABLE] is a viable ethic token

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 11:20:10 pm »

No, I think it's just hardcoded into adventure mode that you can't butcher certain creatures. If you were right, then goblins in elves would be able to eat/butcher dead sentients.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 11:23:37 pm »

sigh... is there a way to keep skins, that you get from Minotaur labyrinths from rotting so you can leave them for a fortress to tan?

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 11:25:12 pm »

sigh... is there a way to keep skins, that you get from Minotaur labyrinths from rotting so you can leave them for a fortress to tan?
I think things only rot during fortress mode. I don't know if minotaur skin can be tanned though; try it and find out.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 11:42:56 pm »

I think things only rot during fortress mode. I don't know if minotaur skin can be tanned though; try it and find out.
Not the minotaur's skin, when I raided a minotaur's lair I got lots of human, elf and dwarf butchered bodyparts, like organs, meat, fat, bones and skins, I left them inside a human town keep, while I raided the dungeon under the keep, after a few days the skins are gone (rotted away?) the bones and fat remain, the corpses and bodyparts (heads, feet, hands, etc...) are rotten, the meat and organs I left them dropped on the floor and they are still there and not rotten.

I was wondering if keeping them in backpacks/bags/any container has any effect?

Can creatures like minotaurs butcher sentient corpses for me? since they seem to already do it, telling by what you find in their lairs, if I'd go to a minotaur lair's and drop a few corpses there and leave, after a while will the minotaur butcher them?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2012, 11:57:57 pm »

I don't think the AIs work like that. Modding the raws is probably the best way of getting those *dwarf brain roast*s.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.