Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: An complicated relationship.  (Read 2356 times)

Dredonius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
An complicated relationship.
« on: October 12, 2012, 10:04:39 pm »

Here's the problem. I really like this girl, (smart, funny, exceptionally beautiful, etc.) but she went out with one of my best friends. She has flirted with me a few times, and I think she likes me back. I want to ask her out, but that might destroy my relationship with my friend. How do I do this? Please reply.

-Dredonius

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An complicated relationship.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 10:37:54 pm »

When you say "went out", do you mean she is currently going out with him, or do you mean she is his ex?

Dredonius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 10:38:55 pm »

They went on one date so far.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 11:13:34 pm »

How recently? If its been a while It won't really matter.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 11:51:52 pm »

Just man up and tell her how you feel,  if it comes up in conversation with your friend tell him what's up.  Don't waste you're worrying about others feelings, take what you want and don't be sorry about it.   Best way to live life.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 12:46:06 am »

:[

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 12:53:38 am »

A lot of this depends on the type of person you are. I'm stuck in a similar situation, but I'm doing nothing about it because I don't feel I'm worth her time. I would advise you at least talk to her, as doing nothing rips you apart emotionally. If you tell her how you feel, she might reject you, but at least you'll know that you did something as opposed to wondering what could have happened had you done something.
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.
A loud angry voice and instinct. "FUCK OFF URIST THIS TABLE IS MINE!"

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 02:51:57 am »

I'd say talk to your friend about it first. If you go ahead and flirt with her it carries a very real threat of damaging your friendship. It's likely your friends will see it as a betrayal, so It's best to talk to him first and tell him how you feel.
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2012, 03:05:25 am »

Yeah, just talk it with your friend first and foremost.
Depending on his answer you should either back off or go for it. Furthermore 'flirting' is quite generic, sometimes it's only a misunderstanding on gestures and actions, so best be safe than be burned: talk with your friend.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Dredonius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2012, 11:31:42 am »

Well, it appears that their first date didn't go very smoothly. I think I'm going to try and jump in at a later point. Thank all of you guys for the advice.

Dredonius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2012, 11:34:20 am »

Now, the problem'll be getting a date, and not seeming like "Hey, I know your first date didn't go too well, but hey, I'm much better than that other guy!"

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2012, 12:17:00 pm »

Uh, so did you talk about it with your friend?

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2012, 02:35:17 pm »

I usually never post in these threads, but this one I actually have personal experience with. It depends on your friend, really. I know from personal experience that if your friend is a good guy, he wont take it too hard. By some random act of god, i have managed to date both of my friend's crushes. My friend understood and took it well. He's still my friend and we still hang out. We've actually talked about how awful it is that the two girls he had a crush on went for me instead of him. So use your judgement on how you think your friend will take it.
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2012, 03:36:39 pm »

Was anyone else disturbed by the "An complicated" bit?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: [1] 2