Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: A bay12 lower boards IRC.  (Read 14305 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: A bay12 lower boards IRC.
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2012, 08:47:14 pm »

My apologies for my incompetence. Please be patient with me.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2012, 09:08:28 pm »

I op'd g-flex to see if he could possibly fix the chanserv thing O.o And I suppose I trusted him a bit too much.

No idea who op'd goomba, but I've no reason to suspect he'll abuse that power :P

Er, which chanserv thing?

Also, I had ownership of the channel long before the one time you gave me chanop privileges.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2012, 09:09:17 pm »

Alright, few more things it seems:

Mainly out of laziness, I'm not making a new channel just so I can have ownership. G-flex can keep it for now, because I'm pretty forgiving and naive like that. I will change it though if I feel like a repeat of today will ever happen again.

I'm updating the rules again, because apparently the two very simple ones at the top aren't that simple.

Next, if you have an issue with me personally, please contact me in a private manner, rather than us having a showdown at high noon in sight of everyone in the channel (again). No one likes witnessing drama.

Finally, I apologize again for being so bad at this. I know saying sorry doesn't fix it, but I'm trying my best. I will accept any help and advice given in a courteous manner. Any "trial by fire" advice, like today's, can be shoved up your ass. :)
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2012, 09:10:59 pm »

So, G-Flex, how did you get channel ownership before the thread came up?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2012, 09:14:31 pm »

I didn't.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2012, 09:14:43 pm »

He registered the channel after I made it, as I was still getting the hang of things.

Oh and G-Flex, I think you owe GlyphGryph a very specific apology. Your buddy informed me on what really went down, there.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2012, 09:17:43 pm »

Technically you don't "make" channels. If they aren't registered, they exist only so long as someone is in them, and cease to exist when the last person leaves (so the first thing you do after deciding you want to "make" a channel is join it and register it with chanserv). If registered with chanserv, they continue to exist until they de-register or are dropped by the founder, if that ever happens.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2012, 09:18:08 pm »

I am just loving how this apparently took only a couple of hours to explode and cause MASS DRAMA. Never change IRC, never change.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2012, 09:19:09 pm »

Banning drama is essentially the best way to cause drama.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2012, 09:22:48 pm »

I thought we could avoid drama here. I am disappoint.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2012, 09:23:26 pm »

It's settled down now guys.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2012, 09:23:39 pm »

I'll just ban disrespect instead.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2012, 09:23:47 pm »

No, drama based on banning drama is best drama. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2012, 09:24:00 pm »

Oh and G-Flex, I think you owe GlyphGryph a very specific apology. Your buddy informed me on what really went down, there.

I already talked to him about it, although frankly, I think the fact that you responded more to him complaining about what I did than you responded to me actually doing it was a bit weird.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2012, 09:25:24 pm »

I'll just ban disrespect instead.

You know who else banned disrespect? Adolf Hitler.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10