Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: A bay12 lower boards IRC.  (Read 14295 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: A bay12 lower boards IRC.
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2012, 09:26:10 pm »

Agreed. I was sitting on the sidelines hoping it'd all blow over, and didn't respond until after things went down. My bad.

Banning drama is essentially the best way to cause drama.
I'll just ban disrespect instead.

You know who else banned disrespect? Adolf Hitler.
I hear he ate sugar too :D

I don't mean "ban disrespect" in an authoritarian sense. Disrespect me all you like. I can take it. Just respect the other users.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2012, 09:26:30 pm »

Good eye.  ;)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2012, 09:27:11 pm »

Hitler breathed air, too. You're all oxynazis.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2012, 09:27:37 pm »

Know who else banned disrespect? God. Yeah.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2012, 09:28:15 pm »

Know who else banned disrespect? God. Yeah.
Man he sucks at his job.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2012, 09:29:51 pm »

I'll just ban disrespect instead.
You're right, I need to amend my statement.

Banning drama is the second best way to cause drama.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2012, 09:31:10 pm »

Man, I'm pretty sure I can make more than that.

Like say, killing everyone's firstborn.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2012, 09:32:57 pm »

Well, this seems like fun. Maybe it'll help against all the shitposting we've had the last couple months or so. It would be good to keep that asinine shit off the lower forums, because they've become a lot like the upper ones lately.
Love, scriver~

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2012, 09:34:10 pm »

Fun and lighthearted? O.o

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2012, 09:34:20 pm »

Man, I'm pretty sure I can make more than that.

Like say, killing everyone's firstborn.

What, you run an abortion clinic?

And that, people, is how you create drama!
* Yoink takes a bow.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2012, 09:34:49 pm »

Should I throw a tomato or a rose? xD

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2012, 09:38:20 pm »

Fun and lighthearted? O.o

No. Childish, anti-intellectual, and constantly spewing memes that went out of date ages ago.
Love, scriver~

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2012, 09:39:17 pm »

I don't recall any anti-intellectualism...

Well anyway, hopefully there will be a proper place for everything, now.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2012, 09:40:24 pm »

Down with intellecto-intelle-Whateverthefuck'sit!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2012, 09:41:29 pm »

G-Flex and I are cool, we already talked it out.

Next, if you have an issue with me personally, please contact me in a private manner, rather than us having a showdown at high noon in sight of everyone in the channel (again). No one likes witnessing drama.
I would like to note that I did, in fact, PM you first, and received no response, and then attempted to PM the party involved, and only then spoke in the thread (and was later informed that my PMs to you were being intentionally ignored).

Of course, it ended up being exactly what I suspected it of being to begin with - but no matter what it was, what it /looked/ like was an issue. The behavior was creating a bad atmosphere, and it was pretty obvious through the other chats I was having with people. The only part that actually legitimately upset me was the reaction to my commenting on it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10