Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stupid 64 bit missing libraries.  (Read 517 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Stupid 64 bit missing libraries.
« on: October 12, 2012, 12:59:54 pm »

I keep running into these troubles, and there doesn't seem to be an easy solution. Downloading the 32 bit libraries tends to give compatibility problems, and downgrading to linux 32bit altogether, would result in me being unable to use most of my Gigahurtzs of RAM, which is bad. I've had lots of problems with Atom Zombie Smasher latest patch (in fact I gave up on updating it), and now it is Tales of Maj Eyal the unworking thing

ALSA lib conf.c:3314:(snd_config_hooks_call) Cannot open shared library libasound_module_conf_pulse.so
ALSA lib control.c:951:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL hw:0
AL lib: alsa.c:797: control open (0): No such file or directory
OpenAL device available: ALSA Software on default (default ALSA Software on default)
OpenAL device available: ALSA Software on HDA NVidia (default ALSA Software on default)
OpenAL device available: OSS Software (default ALSA Software on default)
OpenAL device available: Wave File Writer (default ALSA Software on default)
Available video driver: x11
Available video driver: dummy
Error initializing SDL video:  No available video device
AL lib: ALc.c:1302: exit() 1 device(s) and 1 context(s) NOT deleted
any ideas on what to do with this?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stupid 64 bit missing libraries.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 04:41:32 pm »

if you keep backups of your system, you might try reverting to a point where it worked.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 06:20:13 pm »

.. the point is that it never did. It's 64bit buggyness, because there are far less people working on it than on 32
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 06:46:05 pm »

My impression is that that's not a super graphically-demanding game and your system sounds relatively powerful, so what about running a 32 bit linux in a Virtual Machine when you want to play this game?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 06:57:28 pm »

I'll prolly do an install of a small .32 bits linux, I can get away spending just 13-14 Ghz I bet