Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Refuse Pile.....  (Read 1059 times)

maltapotamus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Refuse Pile.....
« on: October 12, 2012, 12:59:44 pm »

I have a large refuse pile outside.... and its getting very full! i have it set to only accept Item type, Corpses, and Body Parts. I have numerous gobo and troll corpses/skeletons, various body parts, and lots of animal skeletons. my question is, how do i get those bones!!!! my butcher shop wont butcher them (put on Repeat and it gets canceled) and they are just sitting there taking up space! i want more bones!

EvilBob22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Refuse Pile.....
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 01:08:12 pm »

Dwarves won't butcher sentient beings (dwarves, elves, humans, goblins, kobolds, trolls, and animal men).  Skeletons are a specific type of corpse and don't count as bones until a butcher gets to them.
I will run the experiment to completion anyway, however. Even if the only reason why there is a punctured equilibrium in the fortress is because I have been brutally butchering babies
EDIT: I just remembered that dwarves can't equip halberds. That might explain why the squads that use them always die.

Bloodyharbinger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 01:35:25 pm »

best you can do is throw them into a lava dump. Just make sure it is down a hole first, large bodies generate !magma mist!

Seraphim342

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma Cum Laude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 01:49:47 pm »

Could also use the tried-and-true Dwarven Atom Smasher.  Designate a dump zones under a raising bridge and heap all the crap under it, then PULL THE LEVER!  Just make sure the bridge is UP when you dump all the stuff there.  If it's down and you raise it with all kinds of crap on it, it turns into a giant shotgun and kills everything within 20 tiles... as I found out the hard way. 

Plan accordingly. 
I like to think that on the other side of the world a human is walking on the beach, notices the water level suddenly drop twenty feet, and whispers "fucking dwarves."

"The cows seem to lose bowel control when launched... I consider this a feature."

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 02:26:21 pm »

it turns into a giant shotgun and kills everything within 20 tiles... as I found out the hard way.

....Hmm....
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Seraphim342

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma Cum Laude
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 02:53:03 pm »

it turns into a giant shotgun and kills everything within 20 tiles... as I found out the hard way.

....Hmm....

I did weaponize this, but it's an immense pain to reload.  Eventually replaced it with a self-reloading DAS firing magma and a pit to knock the enemy into.  Many a goblin sailed flaming into the night after that. 
I like to think that on the other side of the world a human is walking on the beach, notices the water level suddenly drop twenty feet, and whispers "fucking dwarves."

"The cows seem to lose bowel control when launched... I consider this a feature."