Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Weapons of choice?  (Read 6099 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Weapons of choice?
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2012, 11:17:17 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They are the fears of sapients made manifest by thier combined psionic might. But you'd think after endless numbers of boogeymen being sliced to bits you'd stop running into them because you've literally chopped your own fears to tiny tiny bits.

Randoh13

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2012, 06:50:38 pm »

I use multiple spears with multiple shields. The biggest problem I had with spears is that I had to constant remove it. So, I started using 2 spears. As it turned out when I tried it, I could use a shield to block even though I was using 2 spears to attack with. That number grew, and now it seems I'm always using about 6 shields and 5 spears (5 being my optimal number to pin all of a humaniod enemy's limbs so that I can repeatedly bash their toes with my last spear until they give into pain =D). I also seem to block nearly everything. Halberds seem to me to be the optimal weapon though, so I'm going to try them next.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2012, 06:54:25 pm »

Well then your imagination is a separate universe, because soon we might see ourselves following bogeymen into the very origins of their existence.

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2012, 12:07:22 am »

My favorite weapon varies, but for my current adventurer, Ke Icefang, I fight with fang, tail, and scythe.

No shield, just the scythe that is two handed to my tiny self.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 12:08:59 am by Cassandra »
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2012, 01:43:49 am »

If you want to use a scythe properly, you must first be a gnome wearing a black, hooded robe.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2012, 05:05:45 am »

Are scythes a mod thing? I've never seen one.

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2012, 07:21:55 am »

Well then your imagination is a separate universe, because soon we might see ourselves following bogeymen into the very origins of their existence.
way 2deep4me

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2012, 09:19:57 am »

Are scythes a mod thing? I've never seen one.

Chocolate, yes. They are farming tools that make very good weapons in the hands of a skilled lasher. In game terms, it's a combination axe/whip, with emphasis on Axe. Most effective as a two-handed weapon.
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2012, 02:39:49 pm »

That is to say, not effective at all. But still a pretty badass looking weapon.

Commodore1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Collector of Noses
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2012, 02:47:36 pm »

I tend to use halberds. They are quite practical. You can use it to stab, like a spear; or cut, like a battleaxe.

However, when the halberd gets stuck in them, I usually throw random crap at them at close range.

PLBJay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2012, 02:58:19 pm »

THE RIPPED OUT TONGUES OF MY ENEMIES.
Here lays PLBJay in a Pool Of Chunky-Blood.

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2012, 07:04:30 pm »

That is to say, not effective at all. But still a pretty badass looking weapon.

Oh, it's very effective. Just, without a shield, well...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2012, 09:14:11 pm »

multigrasp weapons in adventure mode = probably fatal even witha shield because of the hit pentalty.

In fort mode? example from my best human settlement: Have fun hitting that halberdier as they dodge or bat all your arrows/bolts out of the air.

Halberds are fun.

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2012, 11:29:30 pm »

Legendary Dodge, and all except my arms are armored. Yes, I have lost both arms before getting to legendary dodge.. Luckily, without arms, I'm just an armored, venomous snake. And, I've found that spending a week or two waiting in a cave is bearable. It's fitting justice that the one who so wounded me is eventually eaten while I recover. Is it cannibalism if you happen to be a hungry snake?

Technically, according to Japan, this is encouraged!

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2012, 12:43:42 am »

Legendary Dodge, and all except my arms are armored. Yes, I have lost both arms before getting to legendary dodge.. Luckily, without arms, I'm just an armored, venomous snake. And, I've found that spending a week or two waiting in a cave is bearable. It's fitting justice that the one who so wounded me is eventually eaten while I recover. Is it cannibalism if you happen to be a hungry snake?

Technically, according to Japan, this is encouraged!

You have taken over a cave, as a snakeman (andpresumably a werebeast)...you have become a quest target...lol
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5