Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Raptor: Turn 31 - Where the Buffalo Roam  (Read 68412 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raptor - Turn 22: Coming and Goings
« Reply #390 on: November 28, 2012, 03:40:21 am »

"Hmm? Oh! Oh, yeah, sure. Later. I'm right behind you," Hooktoe said, falling into step a few yards behind Moonfang. He'd keep watch on some of the littler ones and make sure to herd them back to their mothers if they started straying.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 28, 2012, 08:01:10 am »

((Am I with the Deathbringers yet?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #392 on: November 28, 2012, 07:28:11 pm »

((This isn't really much of a turn, but things were getting a bit muddled with Ironhide away and a couple pages of conversation. So lets wrap up the few things below and you can all post fresh actions for Turn 23 when you decide on a course of action.))

"Keep quiet and I'd be glad to have you helping the Hunt, Highleap. Let's head back to the others. Keep an eye on the Great One, though..."

Lead by example. Head back to the pack, keep an eye on the Great One.

Highleap simply nods and follows you back to the pack. Soon you lose sight of the Great One because you are heading in almost opposite directions. When you catch up you find them chatting with some Deathbringers. Strider and several others asks you what the Great One is doing.

Krakjaw followed along with the pack until it suddenly halted. His first thought was for the vulnerable chicks, and Quickly surveyed for any danger, ducking into hiding if a danger is spotted.

You find a dense spot in the undergrowth and crouch down to watch. The most interesting thing you see is a small Deathbringer running off, and then a few minutes later come back with others.

Ripmaw followed Hooktoe toward Moonfang and the Deathbringer. He watched the bigger creature carefully, and tried to get a better look at the possible prescence of two smaller creatures near it, in a non threatening manner.

You walk casually to the stream a little way's down from the Deathbringer. You can now see that there are two young near her. After a minute one of them runs off.

"I'm seven," Hooktoe said. "I hunted Snatchers just today! I'm pretty strong too, and the son of our leader. I have a lot to live up to." He lifted his head proudly as he spoke to the young Deathbringer, then returned his attention to the mother. "So... you wanna team up and take down this Great One? Sounds interesting! If I find its nest and I see you again I'll let you know. Man, it would be something to kill a Great One! Even with help..." he said, trailing off as he daydreamed about the prospect.

The child seems a bit confused by the conversation but comes back with something about his father being big and strong before he runs off to follow his mother's orders.

The mother responds:
Yes perhaps little one. It certainly threatens us all. It could well kill many of either my kin or yours if challenged to combat. But perhaps if it could be surprised while sleeping we could keep it from even rising before we did it serious harm. If you learn anything about it come find us by the two small ponds to the West. We often drink there at dawn.

All:

The Deathbringer speaks with Hooktoe a little more. One of her children runs off. A few minutes later 2 adults and 2 juveniles arrive. They remain back a bit to avoid alarming anyone in the pack. Then when the first Deathbringer is finished speaking with you 6 of them move off in a northerly direction skirting around your pack.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 28, 2012, 07:47:28 pm »

((Remind me, what exactly is a Deathbringer?))

"I believe the Great One is leaving."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 28, 2012, 08:14:40 pm »

Hooktoe waved at the Deathbringers as they left, then turned to Ironhide. "Oh, do you think we should go back, then? Because I was thinking that, as much as I wanna kill that Great One, it might be time to move on and find some new hunting grounds. I don't wanna have to worry about Snatchers and Great Ones hassling the younglings every time I step out to get a kill," he said, flexing his claws.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #395 on: November 28, 2012, 10:45:47 pm »

((Albertosaurus, a 1.5 ton therapod pack hunter. Much bigger than you, but about 1/4 the mass of something like a T-Rex or The Great One.))
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 28, 2012, 10:54:17 pm »

((Albertosaurus, a 1.5 ton therapod pack hunter. Much bigger than you, but about 1/4 the mass of something like a T-Rex or The Great One.))
((Thanks.))
Sig

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 28, 2012, 11:35:04 pm »

Ripmaw trotted back towards the main body of the pack as the Deathbringers left, and nodded when he heard what Hooktoe said. Ripmaw chipped in, "And it would do no good for any of us to encounter the Great One while it is in a foul mood. Besides, perhaps we can find richer hunting grounds somewhere else."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 28, 2012, 11:39:06 pm »

"Agreed, especially as we don't have eggs or many newhatcheds at the moment. We don't even have any stored food. If there was a better time to move, it was when this pack was not a true pack.
Sig

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 29, 2012, 01:30:20 am »

It seems...Strider is busy.

Hey Hooktoe! As the leader young, I think you're in the lead! That is, if Ironhide agrees...she's the oldest and stuff...

Prepare to...either lead forward or back depending on the consensus, ready a scouting perimeter while doing so!

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #400 on: November 29, 2012, 04:51:34 am »

((@ GreatWyrm, Actually you have about 50 chicks with you. They're pretty small, about 3 months old.))

Hooktoe waved at the Deathbringers as they left, then turned to Ironhide. "Oh, do you think we should go back, then? Because I was thinking that, as much as I wanna kill that Great One, it might be time to move on and find some new hunting grounds. I don't wanna have to worry about Snatchers and Great Ones hassling the younglings every time I step out to get a kill," he said, flexing his claws.

Strider says "Son, the parents with chicks will not want to come exploring for a new home. Just traveling with ones so little is risky and slow. They might refuse to take them wandering in search of an unknown destination. Perhaps if you can find a place that is truly better we could convince them to go."

((Took me ages to write this post. I want to emphasize here, this isn't plot railroad in any direction. It's just complicated... ))

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 29, 2012, 01:17:19 pm »

((Makes more sense to scout for a place to live than to just go, "Up at 'em toddlers and babies! We're going somewhere! Where you ask? NO IDEA! Let's go brave this world full of multi-ton superpredators and baby-snatching monsters completely at random!" :P ))

Ripmaw shook his head sharply and snorted as Strider spoke, and he said, "Then let some of us childless ones search out a place to live. And we can hunt while we're at it, perhaps store up some extra food for the journey. And we never did find Charlie."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 29, 2012, 02:33:25 pm »

Strider ticked to himself harshly. Ironhide and to a lesser extent Hooktoe would probably know, he did that when he was losing his patience.

Young...annoying...argh. Ripmaw was generally considered a nuisance by the clan-but one that was bearable, since he was becoming a good Hunter in his own right. Strider knew the young Hunter still mourned for his lost Mother, but it seemed anyone who attempted to pity him was scorned...in truth, Strider was also worried he was making too many enemies among the clan. Did he realize most of those he had bullied would grow up to hunt alongside him? Did he even care?

Strider didn't know...but, he did know what happened to Hunters who didn't fit in. They lost hope in being accepted by the others. They left. Or were forced to leave.

He had had killed enough violent, clanless Hunters in his time to know how sad a fate that was. Those without hope lived and fought with a sort of terrible anger and grief that could only be extinguished with bloodshed.

"...Rest assured, when the danger from being here outweighs the risks of moving, we will-there is a time for everything. All Hunters must realize this, from the humblest to the greatest. We will all keep our eyes open for a new place, and make that decision as a Clan, when we must.

You could stand to learn some humility, as well, young one. A pack only lives on it's Mothers and Mates as much as it does the bringers of meat. Do not scorn their wisdom. What is the point of bringing food back to an empty nest? Would you leave nothing of yourself in this world after you are gone, but a pile of bones? There is honor and strength in the Kill, but don't forget why we fight, never forget that.

As for Charlie...Live together, Die Alone. He knew that, we all do.

I hope he finds what he was looking for...and returns to us."
Strider chirped and clicked dismissively.

((also, no plot derailment or long discussion here! I'm pretty just dropping an RP bomb and flying away :P ))
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 02:40:15 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 29, 2012, 06:17:21 pm »

((@ GreatWyrm, Actually you have about 50 chicks with you. They're pretty small, about 3 months old.))
((3 months old should be plenty old enough to walk around for much of the day on their own. They're certainly not just out of the egg.))

"They can walk for a while, at least. Enough that we don't need to carry them. I'll take some volunteers; at least a third to half of the pack should probably remain to keep an eye on the chicks. Whoever wants to may break up into groups of at least three to search for a new home. We'll leave in the morning, if there are no objections, and return by dusk of the next day to report our findings. Last chance for objections to be raised...?"
Sig

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 29, 2012, 11:35:30 pm »

Ripmaw examined Strider curiously, not bothering to bridle as he normally would have at such a rebuke. For a long time, he was silent, and finally he turned to Ironhide and said, "I would like to volunteer. Perhaps, as Moonfang suggested, I can tag along with Hooktoe and learn something from him..."

((Note to self: Do actions. >.> ))

Ripmaw retires for the evening.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 11:48:31 pm by Hanslanda »
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 36