Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Raptor: Turn 31 - Where the Buffalo Roam  (Read 68429 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raptor - Turn 18: Dinosaurs Got Hands!
« Reply #285 on: November 16, 2012, 05:58:55 pm »

Strider ticked. Children would explore, with his permission or not...at some point you had to let them run free and grow their legs.

"Alright, but don't go too far. Listen to Ironhide. Don't stray from the nest." He said, ruffling his feathers and settling into a more comfortable position.

He gave Moonfang another look, that meant she could talk to him about anything, if she liked.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 16, 2012, 08:54:21 pm »

((I'll be dead before you find me))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 16, 2012, 08:56:25 pm »

Moonfang whistled a note of joy as she heard her leader say 'yes' in the best possible way. Also I really like Hooktoe, and will take care of him very muchly. Hoping to see Charlie soon enough!

Return to Hooktoe and inform of current idea as well as Ironhide - looking for Charlie BUT THEN exploring the surrounding area.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 16, 2012, 08:59:22 pm »

((Also, Charlie is miles away from our nest isn't he?))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 16, 2012, 09:52:44 pm »

((Yeah, he seems to be =/))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 16, 2012, 10:10:47 pm »

(Oh yeah. Well, we'll get to him eventually maybe.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #291 on: November 16, 2012, 10:50:31 pm »

((Charlie about 11 miles away. Your characters would consider this a medium distance. It's about 2 hour's walk and 1 hour jog. The tricky part would be finding him. Also as a friendly reminder most of you are rather tired and might want a nap still. The way I have it balanced right now you get back about 3d6 Stamina per hour of sleep.

I don't see an Action for Moonfang. It's not acutually terribly important in this instance but if you want to do some little thing before I put up the turn and reveal what Ironhide found it's your right. :P ))
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 16, 2012, 11:30:38 pm »

We nap - me and Hooktoe before seeking out Ironhide to aid us. :P

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 16, 2012, 11:31:49 pm »

(As I said earlier, I'm fine with whatever action Tiruin decides on, but I just want to confirm that so I don't end up holding the turn up. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
Roll to Raptor - Turn 19: What happened to the goat?
« Reply #294 on: November 17, 2012, 12:03:10 am »

Turn 19: What Happened To The Goat?

Get up and run!  Preferably to the top of a hill or some other inclined plane.

Initiative order: S1, Charlie, S2

Charlie is suddenly acutely aware or two things, that being on the ground is no longer an attractive option, and that if these two fools keep yelling like that some others from the camp are bound to come looking. Unfortunately this train of thought is interrupted by Snatcher1 kicking him some more. (Attack 6-1 vs 6-1-2. Damage 3. -7 HP)

Charlie scrambles to his feet and starts running South up the hill. It's the safest direction to take initially. It's away from the camp and if he can cross the ridge line he'll be out of view of anyone approaching from the camp.

(Luck 3 vs 2) His sudden retreat buys him at least a momentary respite, Snatcher2 is caught flat-footed and can not catch up right away. It pursues while howling with rage.

With an enemy no longer under it's claws Snatcher1 seems to re-considered it's injuries and turns back toward camp occasionally coughing and stumbling.

As Charlie runs he looks about frantically for other threats or some place that might offer an advantage. (Cunning 5+1, Sense 4. Very nice) There is not much on the hillside other than trees and shrubs. The only things of note are a rather large boulder more or less in his path. and a third Snatcher approaching from the NW. The boulder is large enough that standing on top of it could possibly offer some defensive advantage, although this would be a temporary solution at best.

At a glance:
It's about 13:00.
Charlie is engaging in a tactical retreat.
Charlie lost 7 hp and 5 Stamina this turn.
Charlie is at about 60% health.
Charlie is at 34 Stamina, and will have movement speed penalized if it drops below 25.

-------------------------------

We nap - me and Hooktoe before seeking out Ironhide to aid us. :P

Moonfang and Hooktoe finish their tussle, talk with Strider about going to find Charlie, and lie down to rest for a bit. They have barely settled down when there seems to be some sort of disturbance at the edge of the nest.

((GM awards a couple points of Stamina because he was derpy enough to ask you what you wanted to do then instantly negate it))

((I wonder if Ironhide has any children.))

"Everyone, I think I heard something...

Investigate noise.

Your attempt to get attention from those around you seems successfull. An adult or two, including that bully Ripmaw and a few sub-adults come with you into the trees at the perimeter of the nest area. Both your concern and the amount of noise ahead mount rapidly.

A short distance from the nest, near where you approached from, a huge predator is casting about and sniffing the ground. (Cunning 6+1) It has a body like yours but on a gigantic scale. It's belly hangs above your head. It's back and neck bulge with powerful muscles. The head must surely weigh far more than you do. It's arms look tiny relative to the rest of it but they're the size of your legs.

You think it may have followed the trail made when you dragged your kills home a few minutes ago. It looks up as the little ones panic and run back to the nest then goes back to sniffing and ambling forward. It doesn't seem to be paying much attention to you directly. It probably doesn't feel threatened, and maybe it doesn't think chasing something your size is worthwhile.  It doesn't look especially fast. Which is a good thing because if it did attack a single bite is likely all it would need to end you. A dim memory surfaces, this must be a Great One, the largest of the hunter kind.

((Congrats on Criting your Cunning check and having a +1. You learned ALL OF THE THINGS.))

[A wild Acrocanthosaurus has appeared!]

((Awesome. Hands and headbonks galore.))

Ripmaw sat sunning himself on the rock, and heard Ironhide's distinctive voice. He missed what the older raptor said, but he caught the tone of alertness in it, and swiftly roused himself, and stalked off toward the scent of the other raptor. His poor eyesight wasn't much help, but Ripmaw was used to navigating mostly by scent and vague blurry clues.
He reached the spot where Ironhide had last been, and sniffed about to see which way she'd gone...

You go to the end of the nest clearing you heard Ironhide from and quickly find her and a few others. You go with them a little way into the woods and find a huge two-legged beast with a lot of teeth and a head roughly the size of your body.(Cunning 3+1) Your mother told you about the Deathbringers when you were little but this seems rather too large to be one. This could end up being a very bad day.

At A Glance:

Ironhide and Ripmaw found an apex predatory approaching Nesthome.
Moonfang and Hooktoe had a fun tussle and are now trying to nap.

The wind blows from the NW.
It's about Noon.

Spoiler: Party Condition (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 12:13:56 am by Joben »
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raptor - Turn 19: What happened to the goat?
« Reply #295 on: November 17, 2012, 12:15:29 am »

Hey Hooktoe...Do you think what I'm thinking?

Moonfang looked in the direction of what she was thinking - what that disturbance was.

I sense a disturbance...Heehee

Check on what that thing is!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 17, 2012, 12:21:10 am »

Hooktoe looked in the same direction Moonfang did. "Sure. I'll be right behind you," he said, waiting for her to advance and then following her path - but sticking quietly to the shadows.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 17, 2012, 06:05:22 am »

(( Can the third snatcher see me?))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 17, 2012, 07:49:06 am »

GM: How many hatchlings are there, and are there any eggs?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 17, 2012, 12:13:02 pm »

((How many raptors TOTAL are there, as well? :P Swarm attack! But more realisticly, if it's really interested in the snatchers, we could just let it take the corpses, or some of use distract it and lure it away from the camp. Maybe into the lake and have it fight some giant crocs.))
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36