Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Raptor: Turn 31 - Where the Buffalo Roam  (Read 68448 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raptor - Turn 17a: Charlie's War
« Reply #240 on: November 12, 2012, 05:36:53 pm »

Hooktoe followed his father back to the homenest, taking some meat as well. His dad was already feeding his little brothers and sisters, but his mom was probably hungry too, and he dropped the leg in front of her. Slendersnout gave him a greeting nuzzle once she was finished with Strider and set to eating. Hooktoe watched her for a moment. She had been a good hunter in her day from what he had heard, but now she was getting too old and slow to keep up. The children were too busy eating to pay much attention to their elder brother, so he left them alone and went over to where Strider was lying on his side.

Oh. He's asleep. As old as he is, he needs his rest. I'll leave him alone. Hooktoe licked his face and trotted back into the main area of the camp. He was feeling more energetic now than he had earlier, and wasn't in the mood for a nap. What he wanted to do was find Moonfang and wrestle! She was as good as he was when it came to fighting, and maybe better. Probably because she was smarter; she knew how to defend herself more effectively. But he had a better sense of how to ambush, and they both knew it. After a moment of looking around, he found a good patch of tall grass to blend into and wait for her to walk by...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 12, 2012, 10:44:50 pm »

Ripmaw awoke from his slumber in the nesthome, surrounded by excited younglings, all chirping and bounding. It appeared that the hunting party had returned, with plenty of Snatcher meat for all. Ripmaw scrambled to his feet, still trying to bring the scene into focus. Even with his blurry vision, he could make out the tall figure that was Strider, beside him was his son, that irrepressible Hooktoe. Ripmaw cast about for the meat they had returned, and saw a gaggle of youngsters ripping into a Snatcher corpse.
He strode over, and started tearing great chunks of flesh off the corpse, keeping an eye on the other youngsters to make sure none tried to steal any food from him. Perhaps, this time, he would follow the hunting party out. He was certainly old enough, and it would probably be more entertaining than pushing around smaller Hunter youngsters all day...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #242 on: November 12, 2012, 11:42:22 pm »

Hanslanda, did you settle on Ripmaw's stats?

As he laid to rest, he thought the adventure might just be beginning.

[Strider has left the Game]

A beautiful ending. *sniff* he will be missed. Just to clariffy though, did he just die in his sleep? It's ok either way.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 12, 2012, 11:53:16 pm »

((@Joben: Not my exact intention, but I suppose I kept it ambiguous for your benefit. :P
Whatever you need to happen, I leave it ultimately up to you.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 13, 2012, 12:14:07 am »

((I planned to leave the stats at +1 to attack and cunning, -1 to sense.))
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 13, 2012, 12:29:21 am »

~ ka-snip ~
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 01:15:40 am by Zako »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 13, 2012, 12:53:17 am »

Moonfang dropped her chunk of kill right next to the hatchlings, feeling joy well in her as the newborns scratched and bit at the slab with their newly formed claws and bumped each other as they tried to get to the juicy parts.

She looked onto Strider, seeing the fire-father high in the sky and feeling his warmth all over her. She chirped a greeting to the sleepy looking leader and decided not to harry him anymore about her own concerns - being a leader seemed to be much work, but the hunt was finished and food was met, albeit in a different and more vindictive way than what she expected.

But where was Hooktoe...must be playing with his friends? Hmm...I'm bored. Didn't he say wrestling soon?

And so Moonfang went in search of Hooktoe.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 13, 2012, 01:06:11 am »

Bugger, now I have to change mine... Give me a sec.

EDIT: Here are my new stats.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't think you really have to change yours... :P Would it be so terrible to have the same stats as one another?
He's fucking with us.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 13, 2012, 01:15:01 am »

Weeeeeell... I guess not... Ignore my stat changes then.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 13, 2012, 02:09:22 am »

waitlist me
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 13, 2012, 03:06:14 am »

Hooktoe ambushes Moonfang and tries to wrestle her to the ground. No talons or fangs used, of course.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 13, 2012, 05:21:15 am »

Hooktoe ambushes Moonfang and tries to wrestle her to the ground. No talons or fangs used, of course.
Moonfang goes Rawr! [I know you know what I'll do. :P]

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #252 on: November 14, 2012, 01:15:52 am »

Ok, Moonfang and Hooktoe are about to...I believe the technical term is "Play grab-ass". Ironhide is being watchful. Ripmaw is going omnomnom. Charlie is of course fighting.  Looks like we're set...Turn soon schedual permitting.

Here are a couple bestiary entries. Some critters I want to save for a Dramatic Reveal, but this first one, while they haven't been seen in a while by your clan your mommies all told you scary stories about. And it's common knoledge that an example of the second species is living in the lake to the North.

------------------------------------
Albertosaurus - Deathbringer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albertosaurus
30 feet long
1.5 tons.
Large Therapod, but smaller than Trex. Absurdly dangerous if you get on their bad side. They hunt in packs like you. They are much bigger than you. A 2 year old might weigh 110 pounds. Almost a match for a full grown Hunter. Adult at about 16 years at which point they are ~10 times your own weight. Fortunately they don't make a career out of killing you just for the hell of it, but when conflict does occur it can be nasty. Hunters probably view them with a conflicted mixture of respect, fear, envy, admiration and hatred. It's not clear how the Deathbringers feel because most communication from them can be summed up as "Go away before I bite your head off." Contempt might be the safe bet.

--------------------------------
Deinosuchus - Giant Crocodile
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deinosuchus
9 tons. 40 feet

Ambush predator, frequently hides and strikes when opportunity presents. Very stealthy in water. Patient, powerful, hide borders on armor, fast over short distances on land. Absolutely nothing in your entire world that is capable of cognition would mess with a full size one on purpose. Let me repeat. Crocodile. 40 feet long. 9 tons. Yes it could kill you in one strike.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raptor - Turn 17: Charlie's War / The Voyage Home
« Reply #253 on: November 14, 2012, 01:24:58 am »

(I prefer 'sparring,' but that doesn't matter. :P I just want to take a moment here to say I appreciate the amount of effort you're putting into this. It makes me feel lazy. XD)

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
Re: Roll to Raptor - Turn 17: Charlie's War / The Voyage Home
« Reply #254 on: November 14, 2012, 02:00:54 am »

((Actually I want to think you guys for making it possible. When I was a little kid I loved dinosaurs and soon after reading Jurassic Park I daydreamed about having a videogame that let you be a raptor and hunt in a simulated world. Lol I wanted an open world with forests and AI and tracking simulation when Doom was still pretty nifty and polygon rendering was a novel concept.

Still even now-a-days with engines like Crytek commonplace no one's made anything like it to my knoledge. :-/
This RTD is a mutated form of my long deferred dream.))

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36