Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Raptor: Turn 31 - Where the Buffalo Roam  (Read 68478 times)

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
Re: Roll to Raptor - Turn 10: Dinosaur Judo
« Reply #150 on: October 31, 2012, 11:16:42 pm »

@Tiriun, which one, Snatcher Lead, or mook you were mauling before? That one got up and is heading toward you despite it's injuries.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 01, 2012, 12:00:25 am »

Hooktoe - although hardly the type to think, much less 'outside the box' - had a good instinct for combat and immediately figured out what Strider was trying to do. He moved to capitalize on his father's actions and try to demolish the same Snatcher that Strider was targeting.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 01, 2012, 01:20:33 am »

@Tiriun, which one, Snatcher Lead, or mook you were mauling before? That one got up and is heading toward you despite it's injuries.
((Obviously not the one I incapacitated already. :P))

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #153 on: November 01, 2012, 02:05:19 am »

((Well he's not in good shape but not totally incapacitated so that's why I asked.

I'm not actually sure what he's going to do. I think rolls will be involved to see if he stays and follows Boss' orders or runs off to lick his wounds while they still might be survivable. I think he wants to kick you at least once though...))

Turn to follow in the next 12 hours or so.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 01, 2012, 02:06:26 am »

((I target the healthier looking one. XD))

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
Roll to Raptor - Turn 11: If you can't smoke it kick it to death
« Reply #155 on: November 01, 2012, 01:32:46 pm »

Turl 11: If you can't smoke it kick it to death

Initiative Order:  Snatcher4, Ironhide, Charlie, Snatcher5

If possible, go attack the Snatcher on Moonfang.
If not, kill/attack any Snatchers who are stopping me.

Abandoning the Snatcher you had at your mercy you dash off to help Moongfang. (Luck 5) covering the roughly 70 feet quickly. ((Combat move of more than a few feet counts as a Minor btw. :) ))

As you approach you see that she's gotten up and it struggling with two Snatchers. You use your momentum in an attempt to bowl over the one that already looks wounded, Snatcher7. (Attack 3+1 vs 2-1) (Damage 4) Your strike is almost perfect. It tumbles head over heals and comes to rest a few bodylenghts away. Your charge carries you a little past the fight and you pull up with SnatcherBoss between yourself and Moonfang.

[Snatcher 7 is in pain. Punctured side, moderate lacerations. Torn right front shoulder muscle. Mild Bleeding. Heavy bruising. Very very unhappy. And Prone.]

Rip dat snatcher's throat out!

Snatcher4 struggles to break your hold. (Cunning 4-1 vs 1+1) It succeeds, rolls away and stands up.

You try to dart in and bite it's throat (Attack 4+1 vs 6-1 Null) (Luck 1) You manage to bump your chin on it's skull and stagger a step backward. [Lose Initiative Next Turn]

You see Ironhide dashing off somewhere out of the corner of your eye. And beyond your current opponent you see the dazed looking Snatcher5 she abandoned getting to it's feet.

[Snatcher4 is scratched up a bit.]
[Snatcher5 has a sprained forearm]

-------------------------------

Initiative:  Snatcher2, Tepin, Snatcher3

Quote from: Tepin NPC
Fight

Snatcher2 kicks Tepin in the ribs (Attack 5-1 vs 2-1 Success) (Damage 3)
Tepin attacks Snatcher2 (4+1 vs 5-1 Null) (Luck 6) They clash and despite no attack landing the Snatcher falls over. Snatcher3 kicks Tepin in the leg (Attack 5-1 vs 3-1) (Damage 4)

[Snatcher 2 is Prone]
[Tepin is at 65/90 HP]

--------------------------------

Initiative Order: Strider, SnatcherBoss, Moonfang, Snatcher6, Hooktoe, Snatcher7

The red-pump beats a little faster, before it stops. This one is done, he just doesn't know it yet...

Strider slammed his toe-claw into the Striders face, then dug his claws into it's back-trying to flip it over. He ignored the growing ache in his tired lungs and old muscles, just let them envigor his anger. Where did those come from? How did he get to live so long? Hah!

He hooted eagerly for his son Hooktoe to strike the vulnerable neck or belly. He would relish sharing a kin with his eggborn...if the fool boy listened to him for once.

Action: Continue tearing it apart-try to flip it over so Hooktoe can do more damage.

You kick and swipe repeatedly with your right foot mangling the Snatcher's face. (Attack 4-1 vs 5-1-2 Success) (Damage 1+1) Blood now obscures the Snatcher's vision. You then try to use your other leg to pull it around exposiing it's belly but it struggles and you can't get a good grip (Cunning 1+1 vs 6-1)

[Snatcher 6 turn] It struggles violently trying to wriggle out from your grip (Cunning 5-1 vs 4+1 Null) then claws at your legs. (Attack 5-1-1 vs 1 Success) (Damage 1) It's claws sting but you've suffered far worse in your time.

[Snatcher6 is prone (-2 Defence), pinned (+1 damage taken), partically blind (-1 to A,D), bleeding]

Hooktoe - although hardly the type to think, much less 'outside the box' - had a good instinct for combat and immediately figured out what Strider was trying to do. He moved to capitalize on his father's actions and try to demolish the same Snatcher that Strider was targeting.

Dad is pretty much standing on it's neck and head so you attempt to make sure it never gets up again. (Attack 2+1 vs 4-1-2-1) (Damage 5+1) You kick it repeatedly in the chest and belly. It bleeds, bones crunch and it's breathing becomes ragged. It wimpers and stops all voluntary movement.

[Snatcher6 is Dead for all practical purposes.]

Heat.

Pain.

Survival.

Moonfang could feel the meaning of these words course through her body, seeing the many attackers around her and their ruthlessness. She caught the smell of blood - and this wasn't the blood of their prey.

They were fighting back.

Shift to the side and then claw the Snatcher's vitals after trying to unbalance it!

You stand up (Minor) and circling the SnatcherBoss try to tangle his feet and knock him over. (Cunning 2 vs 6) He's much too clever for you though. On the plus side you manage to avoid his attempt to bite your head(Counter 6 vs 6+1)

While your busy with this the wounded Snatcher7 circles around his boss (Luck 6) and (Attack 6-1 vs 2+1) (Damage 4) lands a painful blow on your leg. You glance over just in time to see Moonfang sprint in and send it tumbling backward.

[Boss Turn] It takes advantage of this split second of distraction by attempting to bite you in the head again. (5 vs 3+1 Success) (Damage 6) It's somewhat beak-like mouth and rows of small needle like teeth tear bloody furrows accross your skull behind your ear holes. But it's jaws arn't quite big enough to hold on at that angle. It calls for help (Cunning 5) and one of the Snatchers beating up Tepin looks over.

[Moonfang 80/110 HP]

[Snatcher 7 is in pain. Punctured side, moderate lacerations. Torn right front shoulder muscle. Mild Bleeding. Heavy bruising. Very very unhappy. and Prone]

At a Glance:

Tepin[NPC] is getting beat up (65/90 HP)
Strider held down Snatcher6 while Hooketoe kicked it to death.
Charlie lost hold of his prey and is forever alone.
Ironhide went bowling and is now helping Moonfang.
Moonfang failed a grapple attempt then got bit in the head.

No player characters are seriously injured.
Everyone is getting a bit tired.
Everyone is still fairly well fed.
It's still morning.
Wind continues to come from the NW, more strongly than before.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 01:45:10 pm by Joben »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raptor - Turn 11: If you can't smoke it kick it to death
« Reply #156 on: November 01, 2012, 01:40:32 pm »

Moonfang let loose a shriek of pain and hate as the Snatcher sunk its lovely teeth into her, granted it did not harm her much, but it hurt her ego more. She writhed under its grasp, and tried to out grip the elder.

Face me without your kin, coward!

Literally turn the tables on the SnatcherBoss! Kick at its midsection before trying to aim for the neck!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 01:59:59 pm by Tiruin »

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #157 on: November 01, 2012, 01:44:40 pm »

((Holy crap you guys are fast. There's generally a reply while I'm still fixing typos.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 01, 2012, 01:48:26 pm »

((I see dem typos, you missed Snatcher6's part and had it cut with the continuation.

This is how much I like this RTD. :P))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 01, 2012, 01:58:43 pm »

Strider took a moment to free his toe-claw from the slippery Snatcher, then another moment to read the battlefield-letting his bloodlust wane for just a second.

Tepin was fairing poorly, and being ganged up on.

Ironhide abandoned a ready kill-leaving Charlie more or less in a dangerous spot, going to help Moon. Beginners mistake.

Moon was dueling what looked like some sort of leader. She needed help.

Strider recognized what was, essentially, the Snatcher version of himself-an older one, carried a bit of scars, fought with real cunning. Too bad for him, Strider had more scars, more cunning. Strider noticed it was weaving and bobbing, it's left foot not resting on the ground for more then a second. Was that an old injury? Something to capitalize on...all he knew was that this one needed to die. He was dangerous, like Strider himself. While he felt a respect for a fellow old warrior, he was also an enemy-and deserved no mercy.

He decided to let Hooktoe decide what to do next. He could use help flanking the Boss...but Charlie needed help too, since he was about to get ganged up on. He had to let his son make those sorts of decisions on his own, though.

Strider planned out his next move, and the haze of bloodlust clouded out his thoughts once again.

Action: Circle around and flank the Snatcherboss, attacking him in the backs of his legs to impair mobility
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 02:29:07 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 01, 2012, 02:07:34 pm »

Hooktoe hooted happily as the Snatcher went down, then looked around for more prey. After a moment's indecision, he went after the one that was kicking Tepin (Snatcher 3) and attempted to jump on it, hopefully bringing it down where he could clamp onto its throat and kick it to death.

(I keep changing my action. XD)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 02:11:32 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 01, 2012, 02:11:54 pm »

Strider watched Hooktoe barrel brainlessly toward the Leader with all the subtlety of a Mama Warhorn protecting her nest, emitting a fatherly sigh. That boy. Surely, it came from his mothers side...

Strider watched Hooktoe go to help Tepin after a moments indecision. It made him proud to see that Hooktoe was learning at least a bit of selflessness and tactics. Even if it was just to steal Tepins kill. Surely, that part came from his fathers side...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 02:14:26 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 01, 2012, 02:14:21 pm »

« Last Edit: Today at 02:11:32 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

« Reply #161 on: Today at 02:11:54 pm »

((I see the differences)) :P

Edit: ((That edit. :D))

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #163 on: November 01, 2012, 02:22:53 pm »

((I see dem typos, you missed Snatcher6's part and had it cut with the continuation.

This is how much I like this RTD. :P))

((Not sure I follow but is it fixed now? 6's turn looks complete. It's listed as a sub-section of Strider's. Which is what I tend to do when they're directly engaged with someone on your team. He spends it struggling and scratching trying to get free, before getting kicked to death on Hooktoe's turn.

Also, thank you. :) ))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 01, 2012, 02:24:34 pm »

(Sorry, D. XD I just couldn't decide what I wanted to do.)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 36