Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36

Author Topic: Roll to Raptor: Turn 31 - Where the Buffalo Roam  (Read 68371 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raptor: Turn 29 - Retrograde Advance
« Reply #495 on: January 10, 2013, 06:45:12 am »

((Sorry. Really, I am. :/))

Moonfang kept in stride, pacing at the rear of the group and right behind Highleap just to ensure the young huntress didn't make any moves...

She looked around at the flora and examined them closely.

"Who's hungry?"

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 10, 2013, 01:00:32 pm »

((If that was directed at me, no worries. :P In-character disappointment =/= real life disappointment.))

Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
Roll to Raptor: Turn 30 - GM can't think of a clever title
« Reply #497 on: January 16, 2013, 07:54:57 pm »

"Krakjaw! Come back here! I'd prefer you all in one piece when I lecture you on how much of a
  • you are being!"
Try to convince that suicidal fool to stop attacking before he gets himself and Rainstriker killed.

*Insert name of a notably stupid dinosaur.

"I know what I'm doing! I'm not some hatchling!"

Action amended- scratch the bit about striking. Just jump onto the big one, then jump off.

Krakjaw prepares to leap from one duckbill to the other [for some reason :P ] but he has to wait a few precious seconds for the big one to get closer. During this time the small one he is riding continues trying to shake him off. (Attack 2 vs 4. Fail) (Counter 6 vs 1. Damage 2) Krakjaw digs in his claws deeper. The duckbill hoots in pain as multiple points pierce into the muscles of it's back.

Rainstriker seems unsure what to do but stays nearby as the large duckbill approaches Krakjaw.  When the latter judges it to be close enough he leaps. (3) It doesn't go quite as well as might have been hoped. The landing is awkward and he finds himself tumbling as much as jumping down from the big one. (5 damage) But he picks himself up and scampers off (4) toward Ironhide with Rainstriker in tow.

The large duckbill places itself between you and the smaller one and trumpets loudly. The little one moves, somewhat unsteadily, to join it's herd. Ironhide thinks (Cunning 5+1) it might be vulnerable at a later date due to injuries or infection.

Northern Summary:

You appear to have successfully disengaged from a fight near a lake a couple miles North of home.

Nearby Critters:

Small herd of Hadrosaur including two noteworthy individuals:
Small Hadrosaur: (2 tons) Wounded right-rear leg. Mild Lacerations left-front arm. Moderate Lacerations to front shoulders.
Large Hadrosaur: (4 tons)

Further away some other collections of herbivores.
In the lake a giant crocodile which is busy eating.

-------------------------------------

(OK, gotcha.)

Hooktoe hooted to call his team over to him, then moved toward the wooded hill with the intent of investigating it for both a place that would be hospitable to his whole clan and good prey, although he'd at least settle for the former.

You choose to veer NW up the wooded hillside. The rest of the team seems content to follow your lead.

You investigate the hill. It's fairly low compared to the mountains visible to the North and East. But walking around on it gives you a better grasp surrounding few miles of terrain. (Sense 5)

To the West is a large low expanse of mixed terrain that contains a number of streams. You also see at least one sizable clearing that reminds you a bit of home. [Potential Nest Spotted] (Cunning 1-1.) [Something about the thought of settling here seems problematic but a terrible roll kept the GM from telling...I mean causes it to slip your mind. :P ]

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Ripmaw plodded placidly after Hooktoe, his earlier fiery passion about not leaving anyone behind vacating him, and leaving him somewhat uninterested and distant. He does, however keep his eyes open for any signs of threats.

You meekly go with the others and them check out the surrounding area from a nearby hilltop. (Sense 4-1) You don't see anything that looks like an immediate threat. You're fairly confident there's nothing on the hilltop with you. You don't see much elsewhere either but there are a lot of trees and hills around. The only visible creatures are some fliers, mostly to the NE. None of which approach you.

((You see the same general terrain described to Hooktoe as well.))

((Sorry. Really, I am. :/))

Moonfang kept in stride, pacing at the rear of the group and right behind Highleap just to ensure the young huntress didn't make any moves...

She looked around at the flora and examined them closely.

"Who's hungry?"

(Sense 5) On the hillside you climb the plant life is standard and not very diverse or dense. The ground here is fairly dry. Most of the plants are trees or tree-like. Some of them have flowers in their branches.  Generally speaking to the West the land becomes more lush and you expect you would find damp-adapted plants. To the East there are very few plants visible on the mountainsides. ((If you have a further question about anything nearby I'll try to answer it.))

In addition to the general surrounding terrain described to Hooktoe you also suspect there is a small river in what looks to be a valley running through the hills roughly northward.

Highleap does not do anything that seems odd to you. She cheerfully helps you investigate the area.

General Summary:

Northern Group has disengaged from the attack on the Hadrosaurs.

Eastern Group is getting a view of the area near them.

It's about 16:00 in the afternoon.
The wind is still in the NE.

Spoiler: Party Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 07:59:39 pm by Joben »
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 16, 2013, 07:59:22 pm »

"Shall we follow the herd in hopes of making a kill, gather more hunters to hunt, or"...What were we doing, again?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
Re: Roll to Raptor: Turn 30
« Reply #499 on: January 16, 2013, 08:02:13 pm »

((If that was OOC forgetfulness you were exploring land to the north, I believe with the goal of looking for a safer nest site.))
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: January 16, 2013, 08:10:31 pm »

((Sure was.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #501 on: January 19, 2013, 07:27:43 pm »

*Bump*

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 19, 2013, 09:30:57 pm »

"Shall we follow the herd in hopes of making a kill, gather more hunters to hunt, or continue on in hopes of finding a safer nesting site, away from the Great Ones?"
Sig

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 19, 2013, 11:59:50 pm »

((SorryJobenSorryJobenSorryJoben...))

Eastern Group - Moonfang

Moonfang pointed out all she saw to the younger ones, nudging Hooktoe and Ripmaw. "Alright, we're seeing quite arable land - not saying we can do anything about the land anyway - what do you think? We're near Snatcher territory though. Should we try moving parallel to Strider's group? Its just like, east of them?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 20, 2013, 04:42:31 am »

(Same. I thought I had posted, until I checked. ^^^;)

Hooktoe nodded. "That sounds good to me. Let's give it a shot."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 20, 2013, 07:28:56 am »

Hm... this sounds fun. Could you wait list me?

Name: Slyhunt
Sex: Male
Description: Slyhunt is quite smart but also the most antisocial of the group. He has green scales and feathers that blend quite well with the vegetation. He uses this fact to his advantage to sneak and ambush his prey. He is actually an outsider and comes from another group that starved due to many instances of bad luck. He traveled alone for a long while and it's a miracle he survived and even found another raptor group to join. Still not used to the other members of the group, he doesn't talk to them much and has barely ever mentioned his old group. He still follows orders from the older ones, but when the opportunity arises he'll do things on his own. Thus being known as the lone wolf raptor of the group.
Stats: -Attack, +Stealth, +Cunning

Will that work alright?
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 20, 2013, 12:33:49 pm »

"I say we follow them. But it's your choice"
Follow Ironhide.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 20, 2013, 02:03:26 pm »

Ripmaw dipped his head, and trilled, "One direction is as good as another at this point, is it not?"
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #508 on: January 22, 2013, 12:54:51 am »

Hm... this sounds fun. Could you wait list me?

Will that work alright?

((Sure.

Hmm haven't updated the waitlist in a while. Anyone remember if there are people with dibs who didn't get written down?))

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #509 on: January 30, 2013, 02:44:28 am »

((Wrote most of the turn for Hooktoe and company tonight. Proof it in the cold light of day and coffee.

Wasn't quite sure about Ironhide and Krakjaw. Couldn't figure out a concencus from their dialog.))

For the record Rainstriker [NPC] speaks up and suggests sending a runner Home to tell of the wounded prey. Song-Call [NPC] looks a little worried thinking about  attacking again, she took a bad hit. Rainstriker notices she has some wounds too but calls out of Krakjaw asking if he is ok first.

I'm soooo sleepy. Insomnia ending. yaaa

Turn tommorow :D))
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 02:54:36 am by Joben »

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36