Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 36

Author Topic: Roll to Raptor: Turn 31 - Where the Buffalo Roam  (Read 68378 times)

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raptor: Turn 28 - No Trespassing
« Reply #480 on: December 27, 2012, 07:51:10 pm »

((I just want to know, what number generator is the person in charge of the rp using? I did not know there was any software like that. X3 ))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 27, 2012, 07:57:07 pm »

(I dunno what Joben's using, but there's a dice roller for all kinds here and then there's also Invisible Castle. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 27, 2012, 08:11:34 pm »

((In charge of the RP? That must mean everyone else XD

But yeah, Joben uses that secret dice roller that nobody-knows-but-is-OK-with it, because its secret that way. :3))

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 27, 2012, 09:42:48 pm »

((thank you :3)

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #484 on: December 27, 2012, 10:56:31 pm »

((Not so secret anymore. :P I tried a few others but I liked the interface on this one the best. And it lets you save macros for multi-dice rolls and modifiers.  http://www.brockjones.com/dieroller/dice.htm ))
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 28, 2012, 12:39:46 am »

(thank you, and sorry for derailing and also spoiling things, maybe I should of asked in a pm X3)

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #486 on: December 28, 2012, 01:48:50 am »

((It was no trouble at all.))
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #487 on: January 04, 2013, 07:34:46 pm »

((Sorry for the time between updates stretching out. Combo of busyness and writers block.Turn tomorrow hopefully.))

Ripmaw doesn't even hesitate. "Yes. If there is even the slightest chance he might live, we should do whatever we can to find him." A tinge of bitterness and resignation enter his tone, and he continues, "But I am not the leader. I'm just a foolish bully. And Hooktoe is right, Charlie is more than likely already dead, despite my hopes."

(Cunning 4+1) She looks a slightly startled or confused for some reason and drifts away without saying anything else.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 04, 2013, 08:40:55 pm »

((Yaaaay! :D I was hoping this wasn't dead.))

Ripmaw watched Highleap drift away from him, and it aroused his curiousity. He kept one eye on her, but also scanned the surroundings to check for some unseen threat he had missed.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
Roll to Raptor: Turn 29 - Retrograde Advance
« Reply #489 on: January 06, 2013, 04:29:00 pm »

Okay, let's review the situation Ironhide sees.

There are two Duckbills, each of which is much larger than the Hunters.
The Hunters number only a few, and have barely been scratching the little one. Now a Duckbill twice the little one's size has shown up.
Our hunger scores are around 3/4 or 4/5 of the maximum.
Only one course of action makes sense.

"Retreat!"

Ironhide makes a retrograde advance.

Oh, and Merry Christmas.

You call out to the others to abandon to attack. You retreat a little distance away without difficulty. Little Songcall obeys immedietly and comes to stand near you. Krakjaw is still on the small duckbill's back and it's boucning him around a lot. Rainstriker hasn't pulled back yet, she seems to be waiting for him to come too.
The small duckbill seems to be trying to make it's way toward it's family with Krakjaw still on it's back. The larger one is shoves Rainstriker aside and starts heading for it's companion.

Quote from: Rainstriker
Continue to tank and agro.

Rainstriker doesn't want to pull back while Krakjaw is still engaged. She attempts to hold the big one's attention so it doesn't hurt him.  (Cunning 6 vs 5) [Big One will attack her.] She snaps and hisses while watching it carefully [Defender Status]

"Get off there Krakjaw, I don't think I can keep this one back for long."

As if to punctuate this demand it headbutts her out of the way and starts lumbering toward it's smaller companion.

[Big Duckbill Turn] (Attack 5 vs 1+1+1. Damage 2 x 5 = 10)

"in a sec"
Go for one last strike at the jugular. Oh, and try to hold on as well.

[Small Hadro Turn] (Attack 2 vs 1-1. Damage 1 x 4 = 4)
 Krakjaw (Luck 5) (Attack 2 vs 6. Miss) (Counter 3 vs 3-1. Damage 3 x 4 = 12)

The duckbill rears up then starts stumbling toward the rest of it's herd. Krakjaw hangs on and tries to bite it in the neck. As his jaws touch it starts bucking and twisting even more violently than before. Krakjaw manages to avoid being thrown off but wrenches his shoulder a bit from the strain. [16 damage recieved. Still on it's back.]

You hear Ironhide telling everyone to pull back, and Rainstriker yelling to you saying, "Get off there Krakjaw, I don't think I can keep this one back for long."

Northern Summary:

You are fighting near a lake a couple miles North of home.

Ironhide and Songcall have disengaged.
Rainstriker got smacked.
Krakjaw is getting shaken around and hanging on.
The Small Hadrosaur is struggling back to it's herd.
The Big Hadrosaur is defending it.

Combatants:

Small Hadrosaur: (2 tons) Wounded right-rear leg. Mild Lacerations left-front arm. Mild Lacerations to front shoulders.
Large Hadrosaur: (4 tons) Is not wounded.

Nearbye Critters:

A few worried looking Hadrosaurs nearby but not in combat.
Further away some other collections of herbivores.
In the lake a giant crocodile which is busy eating.

----------------------------------

(Thanks for the bonus. ^^^ It's a little thing but I'm happy that my RPing earlier with the Deathbringer has an effect on Hooktoe's abilities. Maybe at this rate he'll actually be a leader fit to fill Strider's... shoes. Or lack thereof. :P And Merry Christmas from here, too.)

Hooktoe thought for a moment, then tried mimicking their vocalizations as he spoke. "Same goes for the areas west. If our kind catch your kind around our homes, we'll tear you apart. Got it?" He turned to his allies. "Let's go. These ones aren't worth our time, and if they've already claimed the territory there's not much point in going further this way. Let's head north and see what's that way." He suited action to word and started trotting north and away from the Snatchers.

Moonfang gave Hooktoe the curious eye.

W-what? But Charlie's scent is in their direction! I can smell it (well, now I can) and maybe they've probably killid him...

She looked back at the Snatchers, giving off a warning call if they tried to tail us, and then poked Highleap in a friendly way, following Hooktoe.

Ripmaw, let's go...

Ripmaw stood for a second, staring at the Snatchers, angry at this change. He wanted to go through them, cast them down and gorge on their flesh, then find the wayward packmate, but it was obvious that he would receive no assistance from the others. Grudgingly, with much hissing at the Snatchers, he started to follow Hooktoe and Moonfang.
As he caught up with them, he hissed softly at Hooktoe, "After this, I'm never leaving anyone behind, even if it means I die with them. Leader or not, Strider's words or not. A pack that doesn't look after it's own is a pack I want nothing to do with."

As you move Northward the Snatchers shadow you at a respectful but watchful distance for about half a mile. Then with a final hoot of satisfaction they turn back.

There are real mountains here, steep angular sides and bare tops. Large peaks and ridges are visible to the North and East. There is a large wooded hill to the NW. There are valleys running to the North and West.

The Northeast wind carries the scent of water, suggesting ponds, presumably on the other side of the mountains.

Your general sense of direction tells you that you are about 12 miles Northeast of home.

((I'm starting to realize something awkward about a truly open world RTD based on a real map. A lot of locations are not particularly interesting. "You are in the woods, what do you do?" "Go North." "Ok. You're still in the woods, what do you do?"

I think at this point it might be helpful if you folks expressed your travel plans in the form of not just a direction but a goal. Is there anything you would like to try to find? Do you want to travel far? That sort of thing.

General Status:

Ironhide and Songcall [npc] have abandoned the largely unsuccessful attack.
Krakjaw and Rainstriker [npc] are still in combat.

The Eastern group has moved away from the area the Snatchers were defending and gone further North finding themselves in an area with moutains and valleys.

It's about 15:30 in the afternoon.

Spoiler: Party Condition (click to show/hide)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raptor: Turn 29 - Retrograde Advance
« Reply #490 on: January 06, 2013, 04:39:45 pm »

"dammit!"
Leap from this one's back, onto the large one's back, and from there either leap to the ground or strike, depending on what the situation is (IE how hurt I am / how close to falling off.)
If failed, disengage immediately.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 06, 2013, 04:47:42 pm »

(OK, gotcha.)

Hooktoe hooted to call his team over to him, then moved toward the wooded hill with the intent of investigating it for both a place that would be hospitable to his whole clan and good prey, although he'd at least settle for the former.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 06, 2013, 06:10:48 pm »

"Krakjaw! Come back here! I'd prefer you all in one piece when I lecture you on how much of a
  • you are being!"
Try to convince that suicidal fool to stop attacking before he gets himself and Rainstriker killed.

*Insert name of a notably stupid dinosaur.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 06, 2013, 06:18:38 pm »

"I know what I'm doing! I'm not some hatchling!"

Action amended- scratch the bit about striking. Just jump onto the big one, then jump off.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 07, 2013, 10:31:02 pm »

(OK, gotcha.)

Hooktoe hooted to call his team over to him, then moved toward the wooded hill with the intent of investigating it for both a place that would be hospitable to his whole clan and good prey, although he'd at least settle for the former.

Ripmaw plodded placidly after Hooktoe, his earlier fiery passion about not leaving anyone behind vacating him, and leaving him somewhat uninterested and distant. He does, however keep his eyes open for any signs of threats.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 36