Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Raptor: Turn 31 - Where the Buffalo Roam  (Read 68434 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raptor - Turn 17: Charlie's War / The Voyage Home
« Reply #255 on: November 14, 2012, 11:42:00 am »

(I prefer 'sparring,' but that doesn't matter. :P I just want to take a moment here to say I appreciate the amount of effort you're putting into this. It makes me feel lazy. XD)
((Hooktoe says this perfectly. :P

Also, yay! Mutual appreciation! XP Raptors are always fun.))

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
Roll to Raptor - Turn 18: Clever Title Goes Here
« Reply #256 on: November 14, 2012, 02:19:48 pm »

Moonfang dropped her chunk of kill right next to the hatchlings, feeling joy well in her as the newborns scratched and bit at the slab with their newly formed claws and bumped each other as they tried to get to the juicy parts.

She looked onto Strider, seeing the fire-father high in the sky and feeling his warmth all over her. She chirped a greeting to the sleepy looking leader and decided not to harry him anymore about her own concerns - being a leader seemed to be much work, but the hunt was finished and food was met, albeit in a different and more vindictive way than what she expected.

But where was Hooktoe...must be playing with his friends? Hmm...I'm bored. Didn't he say wrestling soon?

And so Moonfang went in search of Hooktoe.

Hooktoe ambushes Moonfang and tries to wrestle her to the ground. No talons or fangs used, of course.

Moonfang decides to go find her friend and play but Hooktoe has a similar idea. There isn't much cover around but he manages to sneak up behind Moonfang and tackle her. (Ambush 10 vs 6) (Damage 5 [non-lethal]) He manages to knock her over and ends up on top.

((I'll roll for a few more turns of sparring for you two as free actions before Turn 19 or you can just RP it yourselves. Either way is fine.))

Ripmaw awoke from his slumber in the nesthome, surrounded by excited younglings, all chirping and bounding. It appeared that the hunting party had returned, with plenty of Snatcher meat for all. Ripmaw scrambled to his feet, still trying to bring the scene into focus. Even with his blurry vision, he could make out the tall figure that was Strider, beside him was his son, that irrepressible Hooktoe. Ripmaw cast about for the meat they had returned, and saw a gaggle of youngsters ripping into a Snatcher corpse.
He strode over, and started tearing great chunks of flesh off the corpse, keeping an eye on the other youngsters to make sure none tried to steal any food from him. Perhaps, this time, he would follow the hunting party out. He was certainly old enough, and it would probably be more entertaining than pushing around smaller Hunter youngsters all day...

You go over to the rapidly shrinking Snacher corpses and start eating. When you growl at a youngster a mature female a good bit bigger than you gives you a mild reprimand and says everyone will get their share.

Keep a world-wary eye out for any movement.
If there's any meat left once the others are all done, eat a bit.

Theres a leg bone some little ones can't crack anyway so you take it and slurp out the marrow while you keep your attention outward. [Food 100/100]

(Sense 6) For a while there's nothing noteworthy. Then to the East the hums and chirps of insects and the little things that live in the trees fall silent for a moment. You strain your ears and think you hear the crunch of disturbed vegetation.

At a Glance:

About half an hour passes at camp. It is now noon.
Hooktoe and Moonfang are sparring.
Ironhide is being vigilant.
Strider is taking a well deserved rest and has left the party.
Tepin (NPC) has gotten his revenge and has left the party.
Ripmaw has joined the party.

-----------------------------

Meanwhile several miles away it is somehow about an hour later:

((I'm loving this.))

Roll over to the side, still prone, and when it lunges at me, BITE THE FEET!

The one you wounded hesistates for a moment, Snatcher2 turns around from it's charge and comes toward you again. You try to bite it's legs as it comes in and it kicks at you. (Attack 4+1 vs 3-1. Damage 1) But you can't get a good strike in. It kicks at you with even less effect. (Attack 3-1 vs 5-1-2. Null)

From behind you hear a loud trilling call from Snatcher1 (Cunning 2-1) but it splutters out. Perhaps it's throat hurts too much. Unfortunately it's echoed rather louder by Snatcher2 (Cunning 4-1) That might have been heard.

Snatcher1 kicks viciously at your back as you lie on the ground (Attack 6-1 vs 2-1-2 Hit. Damage 6. -15 HP)

[Charlie is 63/90 HP and Prone]
[Snatcher1 has a torn neck and is bleeding 5/10]
[Snatcher2 has scratched legs.]

At a glance:

Charlie is being an ankle biter and getting kicked.
It's about 13:00
You are about 11.5 miles East-NE from Nesthome on a Steep wooded hillside near a large Snatcher nest.

------------------
Spoiler: Party Condition (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 05:12:03 pm by Joben »
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raptor - Turn 18: Clever Title Goes Here
« Reply #257 on: November 14, 2012, 02:35:57 pm »

Ripmaw gives the older female a dark glare, but returns to his meal, somewhat less snappishly. Once he's had his fill, he stalks away from the corpse and perches carefully on top of some rocks to sunbathe and idly sniff at the wind for interesting smells.
He seens Moonfang and Hooktoe wrestling by the long grass, and Hooktoe tumbles on top of his bigger mother. Ripmaw feels a slight pang of sadness, wishing he had a mother to wrestle with, but he quickly turns his thoughts toward hunting and what joys it might bring the next day.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 14, 2012, 02:44:20 pm »

(Moonfang isn't Hooktoe's mom. XD That would be Slendersnout. If anything, Moonfang is the person both she and Hooktoe's dad are trying to hook him up with. Anyway, Tir: turns or RP for the spar? I'm leaving it up to you.)

Hooktoe laughed and kept Moonfang pinned down for the moment. "Surprised you, didn't I?" he asked.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 14, 2012, 05:54:25 pm »

((I wonder if Ironhide has any children.))

"Everyone, I think I heard something...

Investigate noise.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 14, 2012, 09:20:32 pm »

((RP is fine for me, but seeing Joben's style in writing I'd be ok with him doing turns for us. :3

Also, I'm a parent now?! o_O ))

Moonfang was surprised by the initial assault, her primal take on returning attack countered by the familiar scent of Hooktoe, and the sight of those similar appendages.

You got me pretty good, now take me on!

Rawr! Return fire! Grapple to get out from under the youngster and then if successful, stand a certain distance from him to get ready for next attacks.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 14, 2012, 10:23:44 pm »

Get up and run!  Preferably to the top of a hill or some other inclined plane.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 14, 2012, 10:24:01 pm »

"I already have the upper hand! You're staying down!" Hooktoe responded.

Hooktoe attempts to keep Moonfang pinned for now.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 15, 2012, 12:06:34 am »

Moonfang took the brief moment to tilt her head to emulate a curious expression.

What is a hand?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 15, 2012, 12:12:08 am »

"This is," Hooktoe said, extending one of his forefeet. Doubtless he was the only person to call it a hand since everyone knew it was just a slightly higher foot at the front of the body.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 15, 2012, 12:17:05 am »

Hand...Hook...

Ahaha! Hooktoe!

Moonfang whistled a cheery tone as she tried to comprehend the youngling's idea.

So it means I have hand too?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 15, 2012, 12:22:45 am »

"Yep! Two of them. Like me." Hooktoe extended both hands and flexed the claws in order from inside to outside, then back again.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 15, 2012, 12:24:48 am »

Moonfang let out a small whistle before tapping Hooktoe's side. If we weren't playing right now, I'd have caught you off guard with that chatter!

But...then I'd also not know what a hand is...

Anyway, watch your back!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 15, 2012, 12:27:39 am »

"Oh! Right. You're not getting up that easily," Hooktoe said, bumping his snout against hers and trying to ignore the fact she was completely right and could have thrown him off at any point he was staring at his hands.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 12:31:52 am by SeriousConcentrate »

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #269 on: November 15, 2012, 01:28:20 am »

Rawr! Return fire! Grapple to get out from under the youngster and then if successful, stand a certain distance from him to get ready for next attacks.

"I already have the upper hand! You're staying down!" Hooktoe responded.

Hooktoe attempts to keep Moonfang pinned for now.

After a brief conversation on Linguistic determinism, it's back to the tussle.

(Cunning 3 vs 3-1) Moonfang shifts her hands in a way Hooktoe doesn't quite understand and suddenly he's not holding her securely anymore. She rolls back onto her feet and gets up.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36