Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Raptor: Turn 31 - Where the Buffalo Roam  (Read 68458 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raptor - Turn 11: If you can't smoke it kick it to death
« Reply #165 on: November 01, 2012, 06:03:15 pm »

Charlie swats the snatcher with his tail, then rips his throat out!  Hopefully.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raptor - Turn 11: If you can't smoke it kick it to death
« Reply #166 on: November 01, 2012, 06:08:58 pm »

Attack the less injured Snatcher (SnatcherBoss)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
Roll to Raptor - Turn 12: Seize Oppertunity By The Throat
« Reply #167 on: November 02, 2012, 10:28:31 pm »

Initiative Order:  Snatcher4, Snatcher5, Charlie

Charlie swats the snatcher with his tail, then rips his throat out!  Hopefully.

[Snatcher4 Turn] The one that just escaped your grasp gets up and tries to scratch you (Attack 6-1 vs 6-1 Null) (Luck 2) But you hold it off and neither of you is hurt.

[Snatcher5 Turn] Past the one you're struggling with the one Ironhide knocked over looks around in apparent confusion for a moment and then seeing you struggling with one of it's friends runs over to your flank. It kicks high at you aiming for your shoulder (Attack 3-1 vs 5-1 Miss) but you turn, quickly knocking the clumsy blow to the side with your arm. (Counter 6 vs 1-1) (Damage 1) Your foreclaws scratch shallow furrows down it's leg.

You intentionally continue your spin causing your tail to smack Snatcher4 in the legs. (Cunning 1+1 vs 2-1) (Damage 6) The blow hits with an amount of force that surprises even you. So hard it hurt a little, but the good news is it worked. Snatcher4 topples like a tree in a windstorm. You turn back and plant your foot claws in it to hold it down. You try to bite it in the neck but can't get a good hold and only make it bleed a little.

[Snatcher4 is bleeding 2/10, has a heavily bruised left leg, prone, pinned by Charlie.]
[Snatcher5 has a sprained forearm, Bleeding 1/10]
[Charlie: 83/90 HP]

--------------------------

Initiative Order: Snatcher2, Tepin, Snatcher3, Hooktoe

Quote from: Tepin (NPC)
Keep fighting

Snatcher2 scrambles back to it's feet and tries to bite you. (2-1 vs 6-1 Miss) (Counter3+1 vs 2-1 Hit. Damage 6) You catch it's neck in your jaws just behind it's skull and shake. Hard. Just to be sure you shift your grip more firmly onto it's throat.(Attack 5+1 vs 3-1-1 Hit. Damage 2+1) You're pretty sure you've killed it but you might want to hold on for a few more seconds to make sure it's not breathing.

[Snatcher2 will die next turn if Tepin keeps squeezing]

Snatcher 3 meanwhile was looking back and forth between you and it's leader. When you crunch down on it's companions neck it seems to reach a decision and heads off. Only to almost run into Hooktoe sprinting in the opposite direction.

Hooktoe hooted happily as the Snatcher went down, then looked around for more prey. After a moment's indecision, he went after the one that was kicking Tepin (Snatcher 3) and attempted to jump on it, hopefully bringing it down where he could clamp onto its throat and kick it to death.

(I keep changing my action. XD)

You glance around after the kill and notice that Tepin is outnumbered and looking a little bloody. You start running over to assist him. On the way though you see him grab one of his foes by the throat and pull it down. The other startles you a great deal by running straight toward you.

[Snatcher3 Turn]
It suddenly ducks low and practically dives under your legs (Cunning 4-1 vs 1-1) (Damage 3) You are knocked off balance and almost fall. It continues toward both your pack leaders. You try to catch it before it gets there but can't turn and pick up speed fast enough. (Luck 1 vs 5)

((No target in reach, sorry. You're roughly equidistant between any of the three groups of fighters))

----------------------

Moonfang, Ironhide, Strider, Snatcher7, Snatcher Boss

Moonfang let loose a shriek of pain and hate as the Snatcher sunk its lovely teeth into her, granted it did not harm her much, but it hurt her ego more. She writhed under its grasp, and tried to out grip the elder.

Face me without your kin, coward!

Literally turn the tables on the SnatcherBoss! Kick at its midsection before trying to aim for the neck!

Either the SnatcherBoss lets go your you squirm out of it's grip (Cunning 2 vs 1-1 Success). You aren't sure which but no time for that, you're too busy kicking it repeatedly. (Attack 6+1 vs 3) (Damage 4) You get in some solid blows on it's belly and chest and one glances off it's neck when it reflexivly bends downward. Blood from both of you is now dripping into the ferns. Neat.

[Moonfang is no longer pinned and is 80/100]
[Snatcher Boss is now bleeding 3/10, is in pain, and has some nasty bruising and punctures on it's abdomen.]

Attack the less injured Snatcher (SnatcherBoss)

You turn around from your dash in time to see Moonfang kicking the Snatcher boss like she's a plateback trying to get fruit out of a tree. You run up and try to jump on it's back. (Attack 3-1 vs 5) But it rears back up spoiling the attempt. (Counter 5 vs 3+1) (Damage 6) Much to your distress turns on you and starts clawing frantically. Another one tries to get in on it and you claw it in the face and it backs away.

[Ironhide 90/110]

Action: Circle around and flank the Snatcherboss, attacking him in the backs of his legs to impair mobility

You trot the short distance to the largest Snatcher approaching on the right and behind. (Attack 5-1 vs 2) (Damage 1) You snap and scratch at the back of it's legs, but you can't get a good grip. It doesn't fall over either so you assume you didn't damage any tendons. [Boss is now bleeding a little more]

Quote from: Snatcher7
Try to do something useful.

You look around through a haze of pain. Things are going very badly. One more try to get things going right. You get to your feet and run up to the one the Boss is laying into. (Attack 1-1 vs 3+1) All you get is face full of claws. (Counter 3-1 vs 2+1) (Damage 3).

[Snatcher 7 is in pain. Punctured side, Bleeding 6/10. Torn right front shoulder muscle. Heavy bruising. Ready to Flee.]

All: If any of you have free moment or are unusually observant you may notice some small pterosaurs. Some are circling high above and a few have settled into trees and are watching the fight with interest, chirping and squawking to one another. They have bright plumage on their fuzzy bodies, long beaks and gaudy crests on their heads.

At A Glance:

Charlie did ok vs his two and is holding one down.
Tepin is bloody but suddenly got awesome and disabled one.
Hooktoe got juked and shouldered out of the way.
Moonfang is kicking the boss.
Ironhide missed a tackle and got mauled.
Strider is nipping at the Bosses' heals.

Snatcher3 is running to help the boss.
Snatcher7 is having a really bad day and might abandon him.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Enviornment Same As Last Turn

((7812 Characters in this post o_O ))
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 10:34:58 pm by Joben »
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raptor - Turn 12: Seize Oppertunity By The Throat
« Reply #168 on: November 02, 2012, 11:53:19 pm »

You're going down, son.

With all this blood, hungry predators even worse than I would be happy to feast on your thieving corpse.

Moonfang growled before setting off from the boss, attacking to cripple [lower body] any other Snatcher who was giving her pack-mates trouble! Or looks around for retreating snatchers and engages them instead!

...I'm bleeding.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 03, 2012, 01:11:28 am »

Hooktoe growled and like the single-track-minded beast that he was gave pursuit, aiming to bite and tear at the Snatcher's legs to force him down to the ground where he could finish him at leisure.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 03, 2012, 01:55:10 am »

RIP!  THROAT!
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 03, 2012, 02:03:31 am »

I'd like to join this, it looks fun and raptors are cool!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 03, 2012, 05:00:08 am »

((Oh Hey, Zako is in! And he's of nearly my age.

Hmm.  :P))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 03, 2012, 09:09:03 am »

((OOC:@ Tiru/Well, he is your brother now, it makes sense. :P ))

Hold still so I can kill you, Strider growled

Action: Continue to attempt to hobble the Boss-Snatcher
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 03, 2012, 07:42:37 pm »

Dino-judo the snatcher boss!
"I've taken worse from better."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #175 on: November 03, 2012, 08:17:52 pm »

@Tiruin: On my notes page I have character traits listed that might help flavor my descriptions. A turn or two ago I put down "Blood Knight" for Moonfang...I think I was right.

@NRDL spoiler alert, you get your wish.

@Zako. Thanks. You're on the waiting list.

Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 03, 2012, 09:19:02 pm »

That sounds...really bad for me. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 03, 2012, 10:35:16 pm »

((Yay, I've a long lost brother who I presumably forgot because I was looking after the young'ins! :P

Zako, you know what this means~))

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
Roll to Raptor - Turn 13: Bloody Good Time.
« Reply #178 on: November 04, 2012, 12:08:41 am »

Spoiler: Starting Conditions (click to show/hide)

RIP!  THROAT!

The pinned Snatcher(4) squirms in your grip. Before it can do anything else you dip your head again and snap your jaws down on it's throat (Attack 4 vs 3-1-2 Hit) (Damage 4+1) You pull hard ripping away skin and flesh. Blood starts gushing from the wound and running onto the ground.

[Snatcher4 Turn] It panics, kicking and clawing wildly (Attack 4-1 vs 2-1) (Damage 6) hurriedly you let go and back away while it bleeds out, but not before it's flailing left leg tears a deep gash up your left side. (Luck 4) It remains conscious and struggles to rise (1) but topples back over.

[Snatcher5 Turn] Recovers from the blow you gave it and comes forward again shrieking and snapping trying to drive you away from it's companion. (Attack 2-1 vs 5-1 Miss) You swing your foreclaws at it's head and it backs off a little (Counter 2 vs 6-1 Miss) You glare at eachother, then it darts a glance at it's friend on the ground, and another one at the action behind you.

[Snatcher4 is bleeding 9/10, has a heavily bruised left leg, prone.]
[Snatcher5 has a sprained forearm, Bleeding 1/10]
[Charlie: 69/90 HP]

Quote from: Tepin
Continue choking/biting

With no one to stop him Tepin spends a few more moments squeezing the life out of Snatcher2. He crows his triumph, then looks around for something useful to do. He sees Charlie on his own and jogs over.

[Snatcher2 has suffocated]

Spoiler: Starting Conditions (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Snatcher Boss
Escape from flanking.

((Boss did not get a full turn last time, I'm giving him an extra action)) He tries to claw Ironhide some more. (Attack 2 vs 4+1 miss). (Counter 6 vs 4. Damage 3) but Ironhide intercepts him this time and plants a kick in his belly shoving him back.

The Boss shrieks in dirstress when Strider attacks from behind. The damage isn't great, but he doesn't like how this situation is shaping up. He tells 3 and 7 to gang up on Moonfang and he himself whirl to face Strider trying to shove past (Cunning 5 vs 6+1) but Strider is having none of that and keeps him in the circle. Frustrated, the Boss strikes (Attack 3 vs 4 Miss) but this is countered as well. (1-1 vs 5 Miss.)

Dino-judo the snatcher boss!
"I've taken worse from better."

You have a fantastic plan: If you grap his foot and pull hard he'll fall over! (Cunning 1+1 vs 2 Null) Like so many great plans the execution proves tricky and you miss completely. On the plus side the Boss is apprently too distracted to pay you back.

((OOC:@ Tiru/Well, he is your brother now, it makes sense. :P ))

Hold still so I can kill you, Strider growled

Action: Continue to attempt to hobble the Boss-Snatcher

He's turned to face you now and is doing his best to shoulder past but hopefully that won't hinder your efforts. (Cunning 3+1 vs 2 Success. Damage 5) Taking a chance you lunge forward  pressing your side against his and reaching down to grab his ankle in your teeth. There is a satisfying feeling as your teeth strain against hide then pop though severing an important tendon in his left leg. He stumbles catching himself on his forepaws.  A slight shove sends him toppling onto his side.

Quote from: Snatcher7
Try not to die.

Snatcher 7 doesn't really care what the boss says anymore. If he gets out now he might live. If the boss had any sense he would have called a retreat when they killed the first guy. He starts moving east as fast as he can, which amounts to a slow jog.

Hooktoe growled and like the single-track-minded beast that he was gave pursuit, aiming to bite and tear at the Snatcher's legs to force him down to the ground where he could finish him at leisure.

(Luck 3 vs 5) You can't catch up before Snatcher 3 gets close and apparently following orders leaps at Moonfang. Not that it really matters (Attack 1 vs 6 Miss) (Counter 6 vs 1. Damage 3) she sidesteps and swipes it in the shoulder before dashing off somewhere. You catch up and start mauling it's legs so it won't get away again. (Attack 5+1 vs 3. Damage 4) At least one kick lands particularly well and it stumbles before turning, with some dificulty, to face you.

You're going down, son.

With all this blood, hungry predators even worse than I would be happy to feast on your thieving corpse.

Moonfang growled before setting off from the boss, attacking to cripple [lower body] any other Snatcher who was giving her pack-mates trouble! Or looks around for retreating snatchers and engages them instead!

...I'm bleeding.

He snarls back at you. The language is different then yours but the general gist is something like "You people are bloody too."

A Snatcher comes running up from somewhere with Hooktoe on it's heels. You manage to slow it down with a quick slash and then since you see Snatcher7 escaping leave it to him.

(Attack 5+1 vs 2. Damage 1) You run after Snatcher7 catching up in a few paces. You aim a kick at it's belly hoping to slow it down but it's an tricky proposition and you don't think you got a good hit.

[Snatcher Boss is now bleeding 4/10, Prone, is in pain, and has some nasty bruising and punctures on it's abdomen, can't put weight on his left leg.]
[Snatcher3 is bleeding 3/10, Can no longer Run.]
[Snatcher 7 is in pain. Punctured side, Bleeding 7/10. Torn right front shoulder muscle. Heavy bruising. Is fleeing at a jog.]

At A Glance:

Charlie ripped a throat.
Tepin crushed a throat and is heading over to help Charlie.
Strider hamstrung the Boss and shoved him over.
Ironhide missed the Boss.
Hooktoe finally caught Snatcher3 and kicked it in the leg.
Moonfang is chasing.

Boss is prone and having trouble standing.
Snatcher2 suffocated
Snatcher4 seems to be bleeding out.
Snatcher6 died of internal injuries.
Snatcher7 is fleeing.

Snatchers 3 and 5 are in ok shape.

Spoiler: Party Status (click to show/hide)

(( 7926 Characters. Inclusive))
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 12:13:20 am by Joben »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 04, 2012, 12:15:10 am »

You kill the Hatchlings. You pay for your feed. Moonfang growled as she tore at the Snatcher's lower body.

Nobody hurts our young!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 36