Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Pigs!  (Read 12924 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Pigs!
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2012, 12:52:03 pm »

WHY WON'T MY DWARFS BECOME BEARDED PIGS?
Have you tried turning them off and on again? :P

TBeholder

• Bay Watcher
  • the shade of something you remembered to forget
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2012, 01:42:56 am »

If you want tusks, add    
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

under [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS] along with

under [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]. Add [TRAINABLE] to add war bearded pigs.
This will work for both boars and sows. Shouldn't it be rather (tusks as per elephant, different castes as per ewe/ram) like this?
for body, and for attacks, this:

Also, maybe plain wild pigs should be listed separately? Tuskier, with bigger boars, less [MILKABLE:...] and not [BENIGN], though [TRAINABLE_WAR]. :D
Nafferton said: “See me chase that boy till he drops!” I said: “You can’t get your knife into an Assistant Commissioner.” Nafferton told me that I did not understand the administration of the Province.
- "Pig"

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2012, 10:35:17 am »

WHY WON'T MY DWARFS BECOME BEARDED PIGS?

First things first.

Do you have the PIG_BEARDED entry in a text file with [OBJECT:CREATURE] at the top within your raw folder? If not, create a new text file in that folder. Call it whatever, but creature_pig_extended would work.

Next, do you have the MAN_BEARD_PIG entry in the same text file?

Finally, has the DWARF in the [CREATURE:] in the ENTITY:MOUNTAIN been switched to MAN_BEARD_PIG?

If yes to all those, it might be something else. I didn't think to give them a biome to spawn in and the COMMON_DOMESTIC tage might be causing that.

Here's an updated version along with the obligatory giant animal.

This will work for both boars and sows. Shouldn't it be rather (tusks as per elephant, different castes as per ewe/ram) like this?

Also, maybe plain wild pigs should be listed separately? Tuskier, with bigger boars, less [MILKABLE:...] and not [BENIGN], though [TRAINABLE_WAR]. :D

True enough on all counts, but elephants as well as wild boars currently have tusks regardless of gender in the raw.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 10:38:45 am by Ubiq »

jpvlsmv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2012, 11:14:06 am »

6 pages of posts, and nobody's pointed out that their bones should be made out of PIG Iron?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2012, 12:11:44 pm »

True enough on all counts, but elephants as well as wild boars currently have tusks regardless of gender in the raw.
The accuracy of that depends whether the elephants being modelled are African or Asian. If African, both sexes have tusks. If Asian, some females and most males have tusks.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2012, 12:22:08 pm »

The accuracy of that depends whether the elephants being modelled are African or Asian. If African, both sexes have tusks. If Asian, some females and most males have tusks.
Animal races/strains are not yet implement, right?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2012, 12:30:15 pm »

You can mod in African and Asian elephants as separate creatures and use four different castes for the Asian elephants (female tusked, female untusked, male tusked, male untusked), with the appropriate frequencies.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2012, 12:44:46 pm »

Wait, how 'bout 5 castes for elephants: African male, African female, Asian female (with tusks), Asian female (no tusks), Asian male.

And if "Asian female (no tusks)" is not a great OOC quote, I really don't know what is :P
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 05:53:10 am by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2012, 01:01:15 pm »

You'd need six castes, to distinguish between tusked Asian males and untusked Asian males.

Your way of doing it would have Asian elephants potentially giving birth to African elephants (and vice versa), which would be rather odd given the attention you already paid to the tuskedness of each variety of elephant.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]