Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Pigs!  (Read 12942 times)

Berossus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pigs!
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2012, 04:53:47 am »

Why not simply mod pigs to excrete masterwork booze and prepared meals on top of being sheared for finished clothing while being immortal?
My son, many speak of the honor in war.
My preferred method is to wait until their back is turned, then impale them with a pike held by someone else.
Preferrably from a distance.

gunnarig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2012, 05:07:59 am »

i agree with berossus. pigs could just replace all industy why not use them as wheelbarrows aswell

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2012, 05:15:02 am »

Wait, so pigs don't have to eat at all?

I catch my pigs eating small animals, like slugs and bugs, all the time.

That's because pigs have this:
Code: [Select]
[ROOT_AROUND:BY_CATEGORY:NOSE:root around in:roots around in]
Chickens have it as well, and probably some other forms of livestock. No practical effect at the moment, just flavor. I'm honestly kinda surprised it's an actual creature tag; thought it was an interaction like the cat head bump.

i agree with berossus. pigs could just replace all industy why not use them as wheelbarrows aswell
Give 'em [WAGON_PULLER], [PACK_ANIMAL] and [TRADE_CAPACITY:2000] and they'll show up with caravans. It's a start.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2012, 05:15:11 am »

Pigs are already weaponized.
They keep dwarves alive, and the dwarves in turn kill things.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2012, 05:48:12 am »

Why not simply mod pigs to excrete masterwork booze and prepared meals on top of being sheared for finished clothing while being immortal?

While I do realize that you're joking, as I recall and so that somebody doesn't waste their time, items created that way don't have quality levels. The lack of ingredients would also probably result in ______ prepared meals made of minced ______ and so on. Finished clothes made via reaction default to human size for whatever reason so I'd imagine grown clothes would as well.

When the new update rolls around, it might be possible to use the plant growth system to have animals grow these things.

Come to think of it, there was a lunchpail tree in the Oz series; I'll have to remember to make a tree that grows prepared meals when the time comes.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2012, 06:19:49 am »

No mistaking Bay12 for any other forum. That is certain.

Must also make pigs flyers.

Anyone suggesting making Boars fly will be stripped naked, covered in elf fat and forced to moon walk of shame to the nearest necromancers tower.

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2012, 11:12:23 am »

But dogs don't produce infinite quantities of cheese.

You can milk anything with nipples.
I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.
I don't know if you need other ideas when you have magma.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2012, 12:23:12 pm »

But only if it has the right kind of hormonal soup in its veins, which is a rare thing for males of any sort.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2012, 12:31:13 pm »

Wait, why do pigs have [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE]? Pigs have like a dozen fucking piglets a season.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2012, 12:55:26 pm »

And have up to two a year.

Kazang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2012, 02:15:50 pm »

Wait, why do pigs have [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE]? Pigs have like a dozen fucking piglets a season.

I also thought this was kind of weird.

It would help fps if only a few sows were needed to produce a steady stream of piglets instead of a ton of them.  Maybe Toady just made it this way to balance the fact that they don't need to graze and still produce loads of meat and bones.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2012, 05:17:52 pm »

No domestic animal has more than a few offspring per litter. Presumably due to FPS issues.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Emily

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2012, 07:21:40 pm »

Dogs actually are pretty good for livestock too. Same traits as pigs, but breed faster.

But yes, pigs. Best way to mass produce meat.  Sheep are for wool, and fuck the rest.

(Wellll okay unless you like certain animals if you specifically WANT to farm cavies then that's a good reason to farm cavies. But they're bad for food :P)

I'm a bad person.  I modded cavies to yield a bar of soap when butchered.   :(

So in my forts early on a few cavy are along for emergency first aid use.

I think soap-cavies counts as an appropriately Dwarven !!Science!! creation, so.

Can we make pig hooves count as sun berry seeds next?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2012, 07:54:42 pm »

Dogs actually are pretty good for livestock too. Same traits as pigs, but breed faster.

But yes, pigs. Best way to mass produce meat.  Sheep are for wool, and fuck the rest.

(Wellll okay unless you like certain animals if you specifically WANT to farm cavies then that's a good reason to farm cavies. But they're bad for food :P)

I think soap-cavies counts as an appropriately Dwarven !!Science!! creation, so.

No. You might be able to turn pig hooves into sun berry seeds, though. And perhaps their tails into cloth.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Emily

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2012, 09:19:13 pm »

No. You might be able to turn pig hooves into sun berry seeds, though. And perhaps their tails into cloth.
...isn't that what I said?

Anyway the question would be can you reference materials in another plant/creature whatever in the pig, then it'd probably be simple.

Or at the very least you could make a "refine sun berry seeds from pig hooves" reaction, which would be pretty simple.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6