Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Death note  (Read 2169 times)

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Death note
« on: October 11, 2012, 02:59:34 pm »

Is it possible for me to make the target of a natural ability "something selected by typing in its name" because I am getting rather tired of these "kill some guy in a dungeon that you will never find" quests...especially as "do this and you shall be exalted forever" ranked ones...-_- old man prisoner in dungeon i don't even know where the entrance to is...

you can guess what i plan on making this ability be.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Death note
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 03:05:20 pm »

Actually, a Death Note mod would could be entertaining in most any games, assuming you can get it done.  PTW, but Id imagine not...
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 03:08:01 pm »

Can't be done.

You can't target people who aren't within at least your line of sight. And I don't think you can tie an interaction to a book, unless its for learning the interaction.

As the above said, good idea though.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 03:08:45 pm »

its either that or disable dungeons from being generated, because ive gone through those things entirely and never found the guy i was looking for before and I have had it with them.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 03:10:27 pm »

They are there.  Start in the keep dungeons.  Search it, then check it again (esp if you have companions).  Then go to church and look there.  Then, well ive never had that problem.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 03:11:48 pm »

HOWEVER, you could use interactions to remotely crush anything's brains in a certain radius, provided you know where he is. Assuming you don't.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 03:13:00 pm »

HOWEVER, you could use interactions to remotely crush anything's brains in a certain radius, provided you know where he is. Assuming you don't.

I can? Could I do this from the surface?

Also, this guy is sort of in the middle of a field connected to a town that doesn't even have a castle or church as far as i can tell
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 03:15:16 pm by random_odd_guy »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 03:15:01 pm »

Have to be in the same z-level, but if you were on his z-level, and it had a range of about 50000 or so, and undirected, it could work.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 03:16:23 pm »

Interesting, now, both of these could be avoided however, and both assisted, if I knew any way of tracking his location, or at least locating it. and for that matter locating the dungeon entrance.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 03:19:45 pm »

I can? Could I do this from the surface?

Also, this guy is sort of in the middle of a field connected to a town that doesn't even have a castle or church as far as i can tell

Ohh, well its well known that the compass will often point you to a wrong location for several quests.  Use common sense and check your map.

Bandits?  in side camps.

Vamps?  Ask arund inside houses.

Night Freaks/lair-monsters?  Gotta man up and search the exact area indicated by the quest marker in shift+q.  If it says the fields of bumbleton is where the mark is than make sure you search the fields of bumbleton only.

p.s.

make sure that you are following the correct quest marker, and that they are referencing the correct town.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 03:21:53 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2012, 03:23:25 pm »

Okay wait, can I get the SHIFT+Q to be in a more specified spot than "overworld map tile"?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2012, 03:29:34 pm »

Nope, but you can...I believe if you press 'm' and then 'z' you get a name, location and worldmap location.  Match up the location and the area.  search there.  It has never taken over a day to find a location aboveground, and belowground is simply exploration.
PKs DF Mod!

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2012, 03:31:17 pm »

Oh god, I think the location moved...in my frustration I went to a different castle in hopes of getting some other SUPER QUEST...and he gave me the exact same one "kill olm man" except...olm man is no longer olm man prisoner on quest list, instead just olm man...and now is said to be in...a bridge...in the middle of a snow covered plains...in the middle of nowhere...in the overworld tile indicated -_-...also the city has nothing that i know of that can hold such an entrance...checked everywhere, nothing that says "sewer entrance" or anything like that...

yeah, that only gives me the overworld map tile...been there for a while...wanna know if there's a way to find which tile on the medium zoomed map it is.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2012, 03:33:35 pm »

NO NO NO NO NO....upon getting angry and breathing fire...i found that...the bridge is in fact...over a frozen river......that had snow on top...NOOOOOOOOOOOOO its in a sewer...should have known, since it was an olm man...on that note, im NOT going to search the river for its sewer entrance...id have to wait for it to thaw out, and then HOPE i find it before it froze up again

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2012, 03:34:50 pm »

I LOLed.  This is what makes this game so Fun!
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: [1] 2