Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I Found A Kitten  (Read 3798 times)

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I Found A Kitten
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2012, 09:36:02 pm »

Welcome to the forum!

I keep around 10-12 male cats roaming around and eat all the females. Every now and then a female announces herself by giving birth to kittens, so I eat her and keep the male kittens. Even typing this I felt horrible :P
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2012, 09:47:21 pm »

What? Emotion?!

Get back in the dining hall, Urist McPan! We'll make an emotionless killing/digging/soapmaking machine of you yet!
Kittens away!!

Also, welcome to Bay12, OP! :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Cereus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2012, 10:53:37 pm »

Psh! Catsplosions can be a good thing! Jam them all in a cage as they're born, and then link it to a pressure plate so if anything gets past your defences a swarm of kittens slows down the invaders and gives you precious time to get all your dwarves into an emergency bunker.

One kitten is pretty harmless though, a small number is a good thing, especially if they're of one gender. If they start to breed out of control just cage females and kittens as they're born.
Personally I modded my cats to be war trainable and have a bite that causes necrosis. Because why not. My favorite speardwarf at the moment has like 20.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2012, 11:19:55 am »

Psh! Catsplosions can be a good thing! Jam them all in a cage as they're born, and then link it to a pressure plate so if anything gets past your defences a swarm of kittens slows down the invaders and gives you precious time to get all your dwarves into an emergency bunker.

Release...THE KITTIES!

http://youtu.be/CwaD9tb1P50

I've discovered that in recent versions, kitties don't adopt their dwarves as readily anymore.  In 40d, I'd have a cat-loving dorf with ten cats, now I'll have 1 or 2 adopt him and the rest don't care.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2012, 11:58:27 am »

Release...THE KITTIES!

http://youtu.be/CwaD9tb1P50

It is very rare that I can thank someone for what they show me in a forum. Thank you
I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.
I don't know if you need other ideas when you have magma.

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2012, 12:21:44 pm »

I always embark with one sex of cats i kill the rest of the other sex a good bedroom and a dinner at mcdwarfnals makes him happy again

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2012, 12:24:06 pm »

I never really have cat problems anymore. Except IRL; kittens are troublesome.

I always embark with a breeding pair of kittens, and lock the female away shortly after embark. I usually lock up any kittens or stray females, too, and might let them out if for whatever reason all the cats on kill-duty die and need replaced.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2012, 03:23:42 pm »

Pay no attention to the others.  Cats are the entire reason for the existence of Dwarves.  Any beliefs to the contrary held by said Dwarves is self-delusion.  *grin*
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2012, 03:53:56 pm »

A swarm of roaming cats is great for detecting and scaring away those pesky kobolds and goblins. Also, you can build a chamber with floorgrates above your main gate and trap the cats in there. They will detect the invaders and breed faster than they get killed by archers.

And most importantly: An unlimited and renewable source of leather, bones and tallow!!

..Just make sure that none of your dwarves like cats. I had a militia commander (Named Catten) with 37 pet cats! They kept following him and getting killed, which made her into a hardy, yet depressed individual.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2012, 07:07:36 pm »

If not even Ironman can stop this, Goblinitemen won't either.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 [2]