Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate II: Planet M-5 - OOC Thread  (Read 9725 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Migrate II: Planet M-5 - OOC Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2012, 06:50:49 pm »

I don't even know where you are relative to me and if I did, I want to make a good impression on the creature inside the pod if it's friendly. I'm absolutely sure this will not go like it did in Prometheus.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2012, 06:52:26 pm »

On your head be it.
If its hostile I wont be risking my safety to help you.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2012, 06:52:45 pm »

you do recall gunins description of burst fire pistol critical failures right? the do little to no damage unless the full burst hits which means collateral damage with them is extremely difficult to achieve

Qinzy's pistol is slightly less powerful than a normal hand laser (which is still fairly deadly), but its burst function more than makes up for that. The beams have less power, and so are thinner, which means they are less likely to hit your allies. The low power also means that even if a few shots from the burst miss their intended target, there will be very little collateral damage. If you roll a [1] while using it and you shoot one of your friends, it will hardly scratch him. A full burst at an enemy will still tear him up.

as for you xantalos... when that abomination invariably tears your head from you shoulders im stealing your cranial implant for my droid parts collection.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2012, 06:54:04 pm »

Ah, don't worry about me! I'll try to save you after I'm done making an important historical discovery :P But seriously, good luck and I'll get to you when I can.
Pariah, please don't do that when I'm alive. I like my brain where it is.
Sig! Onol

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2012, 06:57:11 pm »

actually you never know... if me and crazy get into the rover it may have some sort of sensor system capable of detecting your location via your radios, in which case we can cut a beeline straight for your.

also dont worry... im only gonna attach a few modifications to you the first time you fall asleep.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2012, 06:58:08 pm »

Well, look forward to seeing you then. Remember, I'm the kid.
Sig! Onol

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2012, 06:59:42 pm »

Lol yea by the time your done with your pod he'll be dead already.

I was more worried about if you got a 6.
You'd get all the vines for sure.
And likely knock the pod out of the trees and kill the guy inside when he hits the ground or at the very least brake half the bones in his body.

The pod is shrinking rapidly and I'm up a tree lol.
If you try climbing up to help knowing my luck you'd knock me out of the tree but thats still gonna take more time then we have.

Don't worry if he dies and your find is alive I'll kill it for you :).
Won't be worth much dead.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2012, 07:05:09 pm »

look on the bright side.. even if you die there's no waitlist, just remake you character with a suitable amount of minor modifications and try again :D

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2012, 07:06:14 pm »

I'm safe enough I should be able to make it out of the tree fine I just dislike the fact that rather then try to help he's messing around with a pod that would still be there once our team mate is safe.
Or rather my character does and will ruin whatever is inside the pod if he dies.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2012, 07:08:36 pm »

you think i could find the pod if i listened really hard for the sound of groaning metal? that pod being compressed would give off a significant amount of noise.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2012, 07:10:33 pm »

Maybe but at this point the rover is your best bet of getting here in time even if you can find it.
And unless the tree decides to take a nap it will still probably take to long.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2012, 09:00:57 pm »

The vines might decide to take a nap.

Also, mesor, why did you have Leon touch the vines? Kyle already suggested that most of the plants were capable of self defence..
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2012, 10:31:29 pm »

You don't think saving our team mate is a little more important then a cryo pod that will still be there in 10 minutes?
No one could help you even if they wanted to. Its not like you're all within line of sight of each other. I've already made it a point to all of you that you're in clearings amongst miles of dense brush that you're lucky to even see through.

@crazysheep I'm pretty sure the vines would've crushed the pod anyway, but theres a chance he might have set off a self defence mechanism.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2012, 10:33:51 pm »

I'd love to help, fellas, but I'm busy unearthing long-buried entities that are almost certainly not hostile! Say GUNIN, does the cryo unit have a lever or something to open the door, or will it have to be manual power?
I believe I said that it had a lever in an earlier post.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2012, 10:35:33 pm »

I really doubt the vines would of just left him sitting there either way better to try to save him then watch him die and do nothing.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14