Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate II: Planet M-5 - OOC Thread  (Read 9709 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Migrate II: Planet M-5 - OOC Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2012, 09:49:15 pm »

also i want blue flowers... im eventually gonna make a droid and collect me some blue gunkwells.
There's plenty of purple flowers..
i want the flowers that took on the blue tinge when you got close and started dripping blue gunk.. hence i want some blue gunkwells

... Those sound safe.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2012, 09:52:41 pm »

Yeah those were the purple flowers.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2012, 01:57:57 am »

so what kind of long term goals do you guys think we should aim for?
in the short term i wanna salvage the drop pods and make a utility droid but beyond constructing a hydroponic farm for collecting blue gunk i dunno what we should aim for.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2012, 05:44:05 am »

Flamethrower bots to defend our farms and camp.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2012, 10:28:25 am »

Flamethrower bots to defend our farms and camp.
Way to fuel intensive. We just need to find a way to screw up the PH- values of the ground around wherever we're going to put our base camp. Planting pines will do that, for example. It will screw up fertility a little, but  we're going to use hydroponics for food anyway.

For short term, we need to find a way to get clean water first. We can't trust the tree gunk not to be poisonous, for example. One way to do this is a double destilation. First you heat water to 80°-90° C, and wait a while. This will kill quite a lot of the bacteria, and make everything with an evaporation temperature lower than water evaporate, then we heat it up further, to 100° C, and capture and condense the water vapour. This nets us relatively pure water.

What I'm worrying about most is that there are no animals. This is a giant evolutionary gap. For some reason, animals are not fit for this surroundings. Could be because the plants are poisonous. Could be because they eat people, it could be because there's a fungi that settles in lunges or their equivalents and then slowly kills you(Exists in RL, btw).

As for salvaging the droids. Salvaging the antigrav is going to be hard. Since they are one time use units, the parts are not going to be very durable, and both cooling and power are likely one time only. The power is probably produced by a simple chemical battery, while cooling could be handled by a heatsink, or a bottle of liquid helium. We're going to need to replace those if we want them to work.

The armor of the pods is more interesting, as it is reentry proof. Then again, they might have used a one time heatshield that melts and is dropped before the final landing stage.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2012, 11:52:12 am »

Do you mind if I file this as a field report? They're good theories.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2012, 11:55:55 am »

Do you mind if I file this as a field report? They're good theories.
DOn't mind at all. Though there are explanations I'd rather not meet. (The lung colonizing fungi, for example. It's rather painfull.)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2012, 01:17:33 pm »

So it appears theory II, Plants eat people is correct. I was really hpoing for poisonous though.

(Also, it's rather unlikely for plants to try and kill something by pure force. Their cells aren't designed to allow muscles to work. It'll be more logical for them to encapsulated something and slowly digest it.)

Actually, forgot I said that.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2012, 01:39:41 pm »

So it appears theory II, Plants eat people is correct. I was really hpoing for poisonous though.
Who said they eat people?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2012, 01:43:54 pm »

I'm people. And they are pretty far on the way of eating me.

Or maybe they are some kind of highly evolved rapid growing constrictor vine. That would be a plant predator for trees.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2012, 06:42:56 pm »

I'm people. And they are pretty far on the way of eating me.

Or maybe they are some kind of highly evolved rapid growing constrictor vine. That would be a plant predator for trees.

is it bad i want to farm those too?

also im moving mine and mesors conversation here to prevent cluttering the main thread again.

how far is the treepod from the storage crate and would anyone be capable of informing of how to reach it?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2012, 06:45:09 pm »

No idea. It wont be far but thats about all I know.
If people looked for it you'd probably find it but its to late for that now I've got 1 maybe 2 turns if I'm lucky to get this pod open or we're gonna have a 3 inch team mate.
By the time any of you could find us and climb the tree now it'd be to late.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2012, 06:46:16 pm »

yeah i was hoping  someone could tell me where you were then i could either help you get your energy tipped arrows to use as knives.. or simply shoot the vines myself.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2012, 06:48:12 pm »

I'd love to help, fellas, but I'm busy unearthing long-buried entities that are almost certainly not hostile! Say GUNIN, does the cryo unit have a lever or something to open the door, or will it have to be manual power?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2012, 06:48:57 pm »

Shooting probably would not go well it'd probably hit the pod and my arrows are in my pod which is laying on it's side so you cant reach the cargo compartment. I did ask for help with it several times but the only person who responded is the one I'm trying to save.

You don't think saving our team mate is a little more important then a cryo pod that will still be there in 10 minutes?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14