Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: The Goblin Age  (Read 11163 times)

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Goblin Age
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2012, 02:46:17 pm »

I can take a bold.

Stoutpants

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
    • View Profile
    • Drunk Fortress!
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2012, 03:59:02 pm »

Bold me please.
Follow my Drunk Fortress here!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2012, 04:12:44 pm »

Names and professions?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2012, 06:38:04 pm »

When the save and ENTIRE GAME FOLDER get corrupted twice, it's telling me something. Possibly that I should stop putting DF on a flash drive. I'll test my hypothesis soon and gen a 2,999-year-old world.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2012, 06:50:40 pm »

Bold me please.

me please

Done.

I've never had problems with saving DF on a flashdrive.  And why are you saving it on a flashdrive?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2012, 07:11:05 pm »

Bold me please.

me please

Done.

I've never had problems with saving DF on a flashdrive.  And why are you saving it on a flashdrive?
Convenience.
Sig

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2012, 08:24:03 pm »

I've done that before, and
BOLD me too
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2012, 08:30:10 pm »

Generating the new world. It's promising--by around Year 7-800, it was in The Age of the Goblin.
Sig

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2012, 09:07:49 pm »

If you've got a list going (and Chucheedrin Plaguepoison hasn't cursed this game) I'd love to be bolded!  I'll take a crafter named Chungotlus if you don't mind!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2012, 10:24:02 pm »

Sure thing! I don't have a formal list yet but I'll certainly bold you as the first migrant crafter!

The world finished generation around 9:30, and I've been switching between a couple forum games I'm running and reading through legends (and of course writing this) since. While building has mostly been active for pretty much all time, there are some things of note. The kobold civilization Chlogothlaydus was lead by a vampire from 4 (when the chieftain profaned his god's temple) to 803 (when a goblin werelizard killed and ate him). This goblin killed 78 other notable historical figures, 763 nonnotables, and didn't die until his life was ended in 2892 by a human, at the ripe old age of 2,578. (This goblin also administered his nation for nine years.) Speaking of goblins, there seem to be a fair number living among the Chlogotnlaydus kobolds. Stafaglirus had nowhere near as interesting a history, and seems to have died out around 1050. Chlogothlaydus it is.

I'll start soon enough.
Sig

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2012, 03:46:04 am »

You can bold me as mechanic/butcher/glassmaker

MrGrau

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2012, 04:41:44 am »

I'd love to be bold'd as the spearbold, Grau
This signature was EDITed for tpyos.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2012, 11:32:17 am »

Well, I lost the original detailed post, but I'll post a truncated version here. There is one kobold settlement in existence, Jlildis, holding 50 kobold citizens, 40 kobold outcasts, and 130 goblin citizens. There's a couple kobold necromancers, two bandit camps of kobolds (one of 20, the other 3 kobolds and a goblin), and there's a few kobold" outcasts" living in lairs, presumably werebeasts. Maybe one of the werelizards. Notably, kobold zombies outnumber live ones.
There are 16,134 civilized people in the world, over 12K of whom are goblins. Many of them are living in non-goblin settlements--1,781 as citizens (1,012 in a dwarven Mountainhome!), several others as criminals. Most goblins (over 10,000!) live in a single dark fortress, Weaknessterrors, alongside 601 dwarves, 235 humans, 5 elves, and 42 human and dwarven prisoners.
Dwarves are the next most numerous race, at 2,145. Most live in dwarven Mountainhomes.
After dwarves are the 1,218 humans, which include 235 goblin citizens and 23 goblin prisoners.
Last but, with 534 citizens, 416 away from being last, are the elves. Many forest retreats are populated entirely by animals...

And now, for the first time in a long time, seven of those 118 kobolds will make a camp. I found a cave near some evil mountains, I've got seven 'bolds nicknamed, and I'm embarking as I post.
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2012, 10:29:13 pm »

While I'm thinking about it, here's the worldgen parameters I used. Plug them into an unmodified copy of Kobold Camp and you should have a copy of the world this is being set in.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On a related note, I forgot to check the name of the cave we settled on. Oh, well...

-----

We here, Dufomber! Seven from Jlildis, restaring a boring world. We choose a nice, safe spot, with mountains to south and cave. Cave, just like old days, when kobolds were proud an' good! Only worry have are dingoes. Hopefully, they mot be hungry 'fore we get settled...
We get here! See a owl. It not look healthy, missing skin bits and patchy feathers. Glad we not birds.
We bring six ogres and four trolls. The trolls get picked on by the ogres. Ogres not nice. Also got half-dozen turkeybirds, pair goats, four cats, pair yaks, and us seven!
Me GretWirmRosGold. Me like ros gold. I am digger and leader of us, Stlurbis. Me worship Lriris, god of caverns, and Thlofokopobrin, god of mercy.
We got a doc, Winterdirge. She not sick much and hates bark scorpions. Who don't? She worships Stlidifikirsnis, hammerhead shark of nature (made lots of vampires, must like blood) and Glaymis, god of generosity. Likes pitchblende, not sure if the rok or the person.
Pitcheblende a mechanic and stuff. She like pitchblende, too, probably rock. Worships Thokoblirbis, god of fishing, and Lrisis.
Gots a carpenter, too. Lightningfalcoln, likes brimstone and the blue hellmetal. And giant weasel tooth. Worships just one god: Slibis, goddess of lust and depravity. Me not like him...
Everybold needs bonecarver. Ours is Baldyhead, ironic name cuz she has long, beauiful fur on her head. She's klutz and tires fast. Worships Tlikibrursner, goddess of crafts, and Stlidifikirsnis.
For food, we got Corai, fishspearbold. She never tired or sick. Likes slugs and large daggers but hates slugs. Worships Glaymis and Pikidigleersnis, god of duty an' order.
Finally, we got Scruffy. Scruffy really fat, clumsy, flimsy, quick to tire AN slow to heal. Likes boxes, bags, zinc, an' giant ax blades. Not big on risks, wonder why he came. Worships Thokoblirbis an' Thlofokoporbin.

There's big shale mound toward sunrise and north. I have Corai look down it. Looks like good spot--narrow entrance good for traps, and probably near cavern, with good moss and stuff. Theresa troll! Gotta give Corai sum orge/troll pets...
Sig

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2012, 06:43:36 pm »

Finally, we got Scruffy. Scruffy really fat, clumsy, flimsy, quick to tire AN slow to heal. Likes boxes, bags, zinc, an' giant ax blades. Not big on risks, wonder why he came.
???
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5