Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Some1 should stream this game.  (Read 3431 times)

corky12831

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Some1 should stream this game.
« on: October 10, 2012, 07:56:58 am »

I've been watching a couple youtube videos and it looks like an awesome game but all my attempts to create a successful fortress have ended rather Well, not exactly good.
just wondering if anyone knew a site where people stream dwarf fortress i checked jtv and twitch but no one streams it on their? is it a really unpopular game or what's going on with that!

if you ask me their should be at least 3-4 streamers on jtv/twitch Because with all the Youtube videos about it why not stream it as well. Just a thought does anyone esle agree, or disagree please tell me.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 02:41:12 am by corky12831 »

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
Re: Some1 should stream this game.
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 08:02:35 am »

wel i am iliterit frum yeers of texting but i mai tri 2 explane 2 u

i tihnk teh gam is rly popeler and lots guys paly it but their is no video's on twich or jtv?! whaaty????? try dffd there r all wais at leest five liev streems on dere

hop i culd help
My wooden badge was delicious.

corky12831

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 08:06:53 am »

DFFD is a modding website i had thought but i will check it out thanks :D

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 08:09:39 am »

There is always someone streaming this on twitch...

corky12831

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 08:12:09 am »

I wish iv been on and off the computer for around like 4-6 hours now every time i check twitch and jtv no one is streaming it maybe it's under the wrong tab.
(DF we dig deeper.)
Czt1 was streaming it in Dutch or might have been german, russian not sure.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 02:35:52 am by corky12831 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Someone should stream this game.
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 06:47:34 pm »

Can you please type in English? Srsly, ts hrd t rd wn u cndns al yr wrds nto lttl blbs lyk ths.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 07:15:23 pm »

Iv been watching a couple youtube video's

Eek

Erm... No mean to cause offence, but it is a tad bit... Well not exactly intelligible, but not easy to read either.

I've - I have - The apostrophe indicates the shortening of a word, have, and is used to show what is left frmo the abbreviation.
Videos - apostrophes do not indicate plural nouns.

and it looks like an awesome game but all my attempts to create a successful fortress have ended rather... Well not good :P

The pronoun 'a', if following a word that begins with a vowel, gains an 'n' to the end, becoming 'an' - such as "an awesome."

Elipses are made out of three full stops - ..., words starting a new sentence capitalize the first word, and a grammatically sound sentence has a verb and a noun in it - at least. "Well not good" - doesn't read well, consider pacing it better like: "Well... Not good," or "Well, not exactly good."

:D :) :P ;(  ;) :D ;D ::) ::) :P - Try to cut down on the overzealous use of smileys.

just wondering if anyone knew a site where people stream dwarf fortress I checked jtv and twitch but no-one streams it on theirs? Is it a really unpopular game or what's going on with that!
I - capitalize the I's.
No1 is a big no - you have 40,000 characters per post, take a deep breath and type to your hearts content, abbreviations are not needed here
Theirs - multiple third person pronoun, needs an s on the end.
Is - first word in a sentence, needs capitalization.
What's = What is = The apostrophe indicates the shortening of is.

As for your actual question, Dwarf Fortress is definitely not mainstream. It's very niche for hardcore gamers, builders and vision makers. Fewer still will do livestreams - and even then, livestreams aren't that much popular because it's hard to make running a Fort interesting for viewers.

if u ask me their should be atleast 3-4 streamers on jtv/twitch bcuz with all the utubers makin video's about it why not stream it! aswell :D just a thought any1 agree? or disagree please tell me.
With the knowledge I have attempted to share, can you see why this may be hard to digest? If you really have trouble with English, use google translate. You will sound like a bot but at least you'll be clear!

corky12831

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 02:14:50 am »

well i am terribly sorry for my horrible text but i hadn't thought that it mattered that much to type perfect sentences on a forum =(

By the way >http://www.twitch.tv/schizomc is streaming Dwarf fortress right now! you really should come check him out.

Again sorry for being illiterate

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 02:17:31 am »

well i am terribly sorry for my horrible text but i hadn't thought that it mattered that much to type perfect sentences on a forum =(

That's a lot better. Anyway, bay12 is weird like that, we appreciate the grammar.

Thanks for the link, shall check it out.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

corky12831

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 02:34:42 am »

tried to fix the spelling in my posts sorry df community.  :(

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2012, 02:48:19 am »

No worries! We won't pull the magma lever. THIS time..

(You might or might not enjoy this thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=117253.0)
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Pawel1997PL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2012, 02:23:13 am »

Revocane streamed a lot of it recently http://twitch.tv/revocane

And Loud Whispers, why u so grammar?

xpi0t0s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2012, 03:21:00 am »

And Loud Whispers, why u so grammar?

I think it was this post that triggered it, which quite frankly deserved such a response:

i tihnk teh gam is rly popeler and lots guys paly it but their is no video's on twich or jtv?! whaaty????? try dffd there r all wais at leest five liev streems on dere

Stuff like that is fine for texting to teenage girls cos that stuff is, like, really kewl!!1!!!1 lololololzzzzz omg ponies!  But for those of us who aren't teenage girls, that kind of stuff is really annoying.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2012, 06:18:30 am »

Goomba is doing that on purpose though :P

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2012, 07:41:36 am »

Livestreams do come up once in awhile. Usually on the Dwarf mode forum but probably Community Forts as well. Just keep an eye out or maybe someone that's interested in doing another could speak up here?

If you want to get into DF, I recommend the Masterwork Mod. It comes with a good manual, pre-set templates, utilities and graphics sets included and all the options are easily changed on the startup window. Really recommend playing it with SoundSense for immersion and DorfTherapist for sanity. Get your military going earlier (hopefully at least a soldier by the end of the first year... bring war drakes!)
Pages: [1] 2