Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17

Author Topic: Minecraft TerraFirmaCraft: Bronze, knapping, red steel, potatoes, support beams!  (Read 47775 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

I added .minecraft to my favorites bar on the left of the folder explorer window.  Saves me loads of time.

Hunger is a bitch too.  Agriculture is broken, as stated above, so fruit trees, fish, and eggs are the only real method of eating.  And rotten flesh.

How do I get on this alleged nate's server?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

PM the alleged owner (:P), that being nate, and ask for IP and whitelisting. Simple.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

I added .minecraft to my favorites bar on the left of the folder explorer window.  Saves me loads of time.
That's not really helpful because I use 7Zip so have to navigate there. Manually. Every time.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I use 7Zip
I hate to be "that guy who's gonna say it" but, I will.  "There's your problem."  Poor user interface, that'll do it.  I use WinZip and I can right click the minecraft.jar and "open archive" pretty easy.  If 7Zip can't do that, then it's hobbling itself.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile

I use 7Zip
I hate to be "that guy who's gonna say it" but, I will.  "There's your problem."  Poor user interface, that'll do it.  I use WinZip and I can right click the minecraft.jar and "open archive" pretty easy.  If 7Zip can't do that, then it's hobbling itself.

He's probably using it wrong then, or doesn't notice the '7-Zip' menu option on right-clicking that has all those wonderful features embedded into it.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I use 7Zip

He's probably using it wrong then, or doesn't notice the '7-Zip' menu option on right-clicking that has all those wonderful features embedded into it.
I see no such menu. Are you talking about right-clicking on files or something else?

EDIT: Looks like I could just have set the File Manager as the default program to open jar files with though would that cause problems though? Pretty sure it would.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 03:53:58 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile

Reading over, it seems you have a combination of two problems. Getting to the minecraft folder, and opening the .jar to mod it. Opening the jar is as simple as right-clicking it, going to the 7-zip menu and then 'open archive.' As for repeatedly going to the folder, I don't really have that problem using multi-MC, but you can use Girlinhat's method and just make a shortcut to the folder. A quick way for this is to right-click the .minecraft folder, Send To, Desktop (Create Shortcut)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reading over, it seems you have a combination of two problems. Getting to the minecraft folder, and opening the .jar to mod it. Opening the jar is as simple as right-clicking it, going to the 7-zip menu and then 'open archive.' As for repeatedly going to the folder, I don't really have that problem using multi-MC, but you can use Girlinhat's method and just make a shortcut to the folder. A quick way for this is to right-click the .minecraft folder, Send To, Desktop (Create Shortcut)
I can get the shortcut, the problem with opening it is that I have no 7Zip context menu. Which is odd, because it looks like it should be on in the setting, but nothing is actually there.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile

Could I be whitelisted and get the whitelist server IP? I'm installing the mod as we speak and would love to try it out.
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can get the shortcut, the problem with opening it is that I have no 7Zip context menu. Which is odd, because it looks like it should be on in the setting, but nothing is actually there.
No 7Zip context menu may very well be caused by installing just 7-Zip on 64bit Windows. Try -x64 one from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/sevenzip/files/7-Zip/9.22/

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile

After messing about in single player, I've decided that I most definitely want this for my server when I relaunch. It's the perfect thing to pretty much force city/townbuilding.
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The docks for both the Mountainhome and the Unnamed Outpost are done, as are the buoys connecting the two. You can get anywhere in the kingdom without getting lost now!

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile

how did you sneak this past me for the last 7 days?
i'll try and join later, when i'm home from work.
The only thing annoying me is "and replace the jar with the one from the .rar"
1: winrar is evil.
2: if you are the distribution of minecraft.jar is, too.

Zombi?
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Tasticka

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Well, is former server abandoned? Every time I log in i am just being all alone on the server.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Zombi's server appears to be dead due to griefing, which is a very dangerous thing on TFC due to the time spent harvesting resources.  In vanilla, you can pop down to layer 20-ish with wooden and stone picks and harvest iron and then diamonds within about half an hour.  In TFC you'll spend two hours finding your first ingot.  I'm playing on Nate's currently.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17