Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: Minecraft TerraFirmaCraft: Bronze, knapping, red steel, potatoes, support beams!  (Read 47795 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile

I can't seem to get agriculture to work, at all. Either it doesn't grow or it grows into a sprite that doesn't exist, and ends up as an empty block. Is it incomplete or am I doing something wrong? It -might- be because I just got out of winter, but that wasn't mentioned anywhere in the wiki.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

As far as I'm concerned, agriculture is broken.  It relies on soil nutrients that aren't shown and grows at a rate comparable to tectonic drift!  That is, if it grows at all.  It seems to sometimes just die.  Fruit trees and fish appear to be the only actual source of food.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As far as I'm concerned, agriculture is broken.  It relies on soil nutrients that aren't shown and grows at a rate comparable to tectonic drift!  That is, if it grows at all.  It seems to sometimes just die.  Fruit trees and fish appear to be the only actual source of food.

There is one form of agriculture that works and that is chicken farming. Fishing rods are renewable resources, right? We fence in the chickens and harvest the eggs!

Although, technically, that isn't agriculture, heh.

Anyway, from what I'm seeing in Singleplayer, TFC really does seem like it's better in multiplayer. A lot of the tasks are tedious and would be much better if split up for multiple people to do. I might stop by sometime in one of the servers.
Also often called Boowells.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unfortunately, TFC isn't compatible with bukkit. If it was, crap would be sooo much easier and everyone would be happier, except the griefers.

In the mean time I think a white list might not be such a bad idea, and I'd love to hear ideas on an ROE.

I think no stealing while no one in the settlement is online would be essential. Also, anvils should be sacrosanct, except possibly after a pre-planned raid where both sides agreed on a time and place.

Maybe a specially designated thief-proof vault in a settlement that thieves would not be allowed to steal from, instead they would have to go after the storage room chests, tool racks, and items located in the forge. (And no shenanigans like placing the forge in the vault.) Limit the size of the vault to a double chest or two. Meaning larger settlements would have more stuff for thieves to filch while limiting the settlements loss of high value ingots and such. Put the vault in a good defensible location because another settlement might challenge you to a raid for your valuables stored inside? Sounds fun.

Of course all the ROEs in the world won't stop a troll from ruining everything right now. So a group of players mature enough to follow the rules is essential.

Might be out of the scope of my server, we only have 9 people so far, but that might change in the future, who knows.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

The vault should consist of one chest and one tool rack, that's enough to store your important ingots, saplings, hammer, pickaxe, prospector's pick, and maybe a sword or something.  That's all you really need to recover from a raid, all the tools to get back into the dirt.  Some polite rules though, might be things like "no destroying fruit trees, though you may ruin the leaves" and "leave the sluices alone" or "animal killing is off limits".

azurelao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ok. found a HUGE vein of bismuth, but now i need copper to advance.

roughly what level below sea level is copper?

matric

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I've found native copper about 20 below sea level.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile

Whoever pulled that, if you're watching this thread, chill. You'll ruin the game for us after the outpost has made so much progress. That's a dick move, hombre.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What happened?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What if we did something like a true embark style game. Each player thqt wishes to play signs up as a profession and the get a one time bonus item to help start the fort...

Examples could be like

a Miner get 1 Stone/Bone pick (only acessable through creative) and thats it.
a carpenter gets 4 saplings of their choice and a tin saw or so.
a Farmer can choose between an orchid/mushroom/aboveground farm and gets a few of those thongs.
a smith gets a raw smoothstone block of anvil quality and some ink/paper or he gets a few ores enough to make 2 bars.

ideas and refinement welcome nothing too easy to start with of course...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile

What if we did something like a true embark style game. Each player thqt wishes to play signs up as a profession and the get a one time bonus item to help start the fort...

Examples could be like

a Miner get 1 Stone/Bone pick (only acessable through creative) and thats it.
a carpenter gets 4 saplings of their choice and a tin saw or so.
a Farmer can choose between an orchid/mushroom/aboveground farm and gets a few of those thongs.
a smith gets a raw smoothstone block of anvil quality and some ink/paper or he gets a few ores enough to make 2 bars.

ideas and refinement welcome nothing too easy to start with of course...

I like that idea.
But who woulöd start such a server?

edit: Thongs?? o_O

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've implemented a whitelist, so make sure you send your username when you ask for the IP. I've added most of the people that have been on, but if I missed you just PM me.

I wouldn't mind if people did that on my server. People could form groups with each other before leaving the spawn town, and then when they go they each have a profession.

Miner - Tin Pick, Tin Prospector Pick, Copper helm, Support Beams
Carpenter - Tin saw, Tin Scythe, Saplings, Bed
Farmer - Tin Hoe, Tin Shovel, Choice of a few seeds
Smith - Tin Hammer, Ink, Paper, 16 Tin Ore, 20 charcoal
Soldier - Copper Sword, Copper Chestplate, Bow, 32 Arrows
Butcher - 32 Cooked Pork, 64 Leather, Copper Knife
Hunter - Copper Knife, Bow, 64 Arrows, 8 Cooked Meat
????

I'm not going to spawn the items for them though. So the people would have to stay around and help out at the 'Mountainhome' gathering supplies for the expedition. Hopefully the outposts would be able to help send a little back in thanks and that could be in turn used to equip more people. People could team up while preparing for/learning their profession. Embarks would have a minimum of three dwarves so people don't just grab some stuff and take off on there own.

Thoughts?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not going to spawn the items for them though. So the people would have to stay around and help out at the 'Mountainhome' gathering supplies for the expedition. Hopefully the outposts would be able to help send a little back in thanks and that could be in turn used to equip more people. People could team up while preparing for/learning their profession. Embarks would have a minimum of three dwarves so people don't just grab some stuff and take off on there own.

Thoughts?
I'm all for this....
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Tasticka

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I would love to see dwarves living and spending all their time underground. Could that be achieved with underground mushroom farms?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

I'd like to get in but since my time is limited I can just be at the outpust making stuff and being a caravan to mountain homes to get back tin so others can build parties stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17