Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17

Author Topic: Minecraft TerraFirmaCraft: Bronze, knapping, red steel, potatoes, support beams!  (Read 47799 times)

azurelao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ah..
im currently making a little stairwell straight down, hoping to hit bedrock and more ore, but my picks almost out.

guess im going to have to pick up a few hundred more rocks, then...

btw, is there any way to repair tools?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 08:42:31 pm by azurelao »

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

Not sure, he did ask at some point, I was not sure what to answer.
I think I told him to ask someone else tough?
Maybe I might have said something that was misunderstood?

edit: Maybe we should check the chat log or something.
He's been using the resources he's taking to attack the outpost. Oh and he's reading this thread.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

He's been using the resources he's taking to attack the outpost.
You can't ban him, or just keep him away from your stores?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Not currently. Vanilla mechanic was removed I think, although it was causing issues with partial bars and stuff anyway.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

Not currently. Vanilla mechanic was removed I think, although it was causing issues with partial bars and stuff anyway.
It let me combine two bronze pickaxes.

He's been using the resources he's taking to attack the outpost.
You can't ban him, or just keep him away from your stores?
Nobody online can ban him at least. I ended up over at the outpost in search of the only fellow dwarves online. As things stand he keeps getting killed when he attacks us. Nobody is sure if he's lying when he says he lives at the mountainhome so killing him for using resources would be unfair.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

He does sorta live at the Mountainhome, but if he's causing issues then kick his ass.  Dwarven Justice is delivered at the end of a hammer.

azurelao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ok. found a magnetite vein surrounded by lava. going to be fun getting past that..

2 questions, how hot does magnetite have to be to melt, and how do bellows work? id look these up, but the wiki seems to be having a seizure or something

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Magnetite (Pig Iron) melts at Brilliant White, which is the hottest state.

Bellows work by letting the player hold down right-click on the bellows to apply additional heat and reduced burn time (hotter and shorter) to the fire pit or bloomery.  Unfortunately it's rather unwieldy, and not much use unless you get two players on either side holding down right click.

Try using buckets.  They transport a finite amount of liquid, not source blocks, but hopefully it's enough to cast obsidian.  Bring a lot of buckets.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm gonna join in, could I get directions to one of our outposts?
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I made a little shack and have some basic supplies ready, although my fire pit is bugged and I can't add logs to it. Very annoying.

Also, I ate someone's chicken's because I was starving to death. Sorry. They weren't penned, so maybe they didn't care.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

you have to throw them in, not add them to the gui...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I made a little shack and have some basic supplies ready, although my fire pit is bugged and I can't add logs to it. Very annoying.

Also, I ate someone's chicken's because I was starving to death. Sorry. They weren't penned, so maybe they didn't care.
You noobs have no clue...  "Wah, I'm starving.  Wha, I'm down to 1/2 heart."  Walk it off.  Chickens are egg machines.  Eggs are pure food.  Where are the real dwarves?  Where's the blokes not only willing, but eager to mine the ore at the bottom of the ocean?  Where's the guys not afraid to make a fuckin' fishing line and get your own damn food?  You want food?  You eat rotten flesh.  You want metal?  You swim for it!

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

tbh im just playing SSP and killing a herd of pigs and a herd of cows gave me over 64 chops/steaks, so i dont see what the problem is with food :/

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The problem is that you're in SSP.  One person doesn't eat nearly as much as a dozen people running around.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Man, I wish this game was harder. I mean, I could make it harder on myself if I forced myself to play non-optimally, but I don't like doing that. Even TerraFirma gets kind of easy the moment you climb a hill and sit there every night.

Wish I could do even basic modding. Lots of little tweaks I'd like to make.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17