Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: Minecraft TerraFirmaCraft: Bronze, knapping, red steel, potatoes, support beams!  (Read 47760 times)

Zombi

• Bay Watcher
  • Was too long. Sorry Urist.
    • View Profile

As some of you already know, Minecraft is an indie game that's been extremely popular, but there's always been something missing for the hardcore gamers who play it. More challenge! TerraFirmaCraft adds just that, making sure you have a rough experience before you even get your first ingot! This mod introduces a variety of new features to make the game more realistic, such as; lumberjacking: trees no longer hover in the air! Metalworking: No more smushing ingots together to make a pickaxe! You must create plans and forge the head from an ingot on your very own anvil! Deadly cave-ins: Be careful! You need to put up mine supports before digging willy-nilly for ore veins!

But wait, there's more!

There's also a website and a wiki, both made by the creator of the mod. Links:

www.TerraFirmaCraft.com -You can find the changelog and other helpful stuff here.

The TerraFirmaCraft Wiki -You will be visiting this site often. Like every minute or so.

Videos for your face to watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT6h7MQac6U - Slightly outdated, you cannot make picks out of stone any more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?q48Q&v=cJ5y1eGup80 - The most current video series I could find. (Only 5 episodes, though.)

Servers:

Dedicated TerraFirmaCraft Server

How to install
http://www.mediafire.com/?b815i452upcz15y
Drag the mods folder into the /minecraft folder, and replace the jar with the one in the .rar.

Have fun!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 04:25:38 pm by Zombi »

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well now...

I just discovered TerraFirma like a week ago.  My brother's first response when I got him to play, around the time you posted this, was "You should go see if there's a server on the Dwarf Fortress Forums, those guys will love this."  So I guess thank you for making a server exactly when I needed you to, even if I didn't see until the next day :)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile

Posting to watch, and possibly join the server.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 08:30:42 am by Ultimuh »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OMG YOU DIDN'T USE THE WORD "REALISM" TO DESCRIBE TFCRAFT!!!
I FUCKING LOVE YOU FOR THAT!!!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Shouldnt this be in the mc modding thread? You could just post you're making a server there and discuss it there...

He didnt use the world realism, but he did use "realistic".
This mod introduces a variety of features to make the game more realistic.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shouldnt this be in the mc modding thread? You could just post you're making a server there and discuss it there...

I think the reason he put it in it's own thread was to promote his server.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 10:14:36 am by Ultimuh »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He didnt use the world realism, but he did use "realistic".
This mod introduces a variety of features to make the game more realistic.
Well yes, but he didn't say that was the selling point...
The whole point of TFCraft is to make the game more Harder by making surviving actually more so then

"Punch 5 logs, make a workbench, make a Wooden Pick, Dig down to stone, Make stone Pick, Dig down to Level 11, find 3 iron, Find Diamond, Be win..."

Anyway, Come all, join us Ultimuh and I are rocking it out (well Ulti has gone for food at the moment of this post) but we are nearly entering the early metal age of survival...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am back, the pizza is currently in the oven so I can get back any moment now.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

What mods are being run on the server?  Smartmove is kinda important since you can't casually rearrange dirt, and minimaps are always fun.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No Smartmove, but Minimaps are Client Base not Server Base...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can only say check your Connection Speed or something, I am Aussie so I should be getting bad lag but I am not really getting any at all...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The past Announcements

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

You have Struck Cassiterite

Neyvn has become an Adequate Miner...

Girlinhat has become a Legendary Furnace Operator...
Neyvn has become a Legendary Blacksmith...

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 03:02:46 pm by Neyvn »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

That there "legendary blacksmith" is a tad stretching it...  I seem to recall I made a perfect p.pick head and you made a pick head at 1/2 dura?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That there "legendary blacksmith" is a tad stretching it...  I seem to recall I made a perfect p.pick head and you made a pick head at 1/2 dura?
Thats weaponsmithing if anything, Blacksmithing is just ingot shaping. Besides, Perfect Axe head, Perfect Scythe head...

Zombi

• Bay Watcher
  • Was too long. Sorry Urist.
    • View Profile

server was invaded by bay12.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17