Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: Minecraft TerraFirmaCraft: Bronze, knapping, red steel, potatoes, support beams!  (Read 47758 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wanted to know the difficilty and cost of making armour. Would you really like it if all the bronze was used up with poor results??? Sidenote armour is very fiddly...

Close to spawn isnt always very good. Plus resouse variety is quite limited due to single biome...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

"Single biome" occurs anywhere though.  TFC makes very large biomes.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

We also need Arrows, lots and lots of arrows. Those exploring the exterior lands, if you find Chickens, kill some for their feathers...

Goddam ignore this. Chickens constantly poop out eggs which are the best supply of food on a server. First wheat you get should be used to lure as many of those guys into a pen somewhere.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This looks quite fun. After I learn how to play, I think I'll join you guys.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile

I need to find an igneous stone block for an anvil for my first pickaxe, but pieces of diorite seems to not indicate diorite blocks underneath it. Any help?
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Well, the server already has an existing dwarven mountainhome.  But it's suffering the failures of the Bay12 community already - people try to splinter off and make their own place, which then splinters off again and again until it's 1 person per village who then quits because there's no one left to play with.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would be interesting in trying this mod, but the installation directions are surprisingly difficult to follow, so i guess I am out until that is sorted.

Zombi

• Bay Watcher
  • Was too long. Sorry Urist.
    • View Profile

I would be interesting in trying this mod, but the installation directions are surprisingly difficult to follow, so i guess I am out until that is sorted.
do what's in the op, replace the jar with the one in the mediafire .rar, and put the mods folder in the /minecraft folder, right before the /bin folder. it's not that hard.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I logged onto the server, but noone was there. Which direction is the mountainhome?
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile

South, you will see a tower when you get close.
You could follow the ocean as you head in that direction.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

May I get in too?

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was watching the second let's play and noticed that's not the normal minecraft music; where'd he get it? You can hear it pretty good here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cJ5y1eGup80#t=1220s

Edit: Nevermind :P
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 03:06:22 am by Rex_Nex »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So to be clear on whats happening. While there is the main Mountain home to the south (Notch East) which is run mainly by Girlinhat. Nate, Mich, Terra and I Nanoth (MC names) have headed North (Notch West) near Djo to a place where three Stone Layers meet to start a second outpist. My main goal with this is to mainly use it as an area to mine for Minerals not found in the initial stone layers of the Mountain Home...

While we have yet to actually start the fort and are squatting at Djo's place (we will leave soon) I fully suggest that all new comers to TFCraft hang around the Mountainhome to get used to the style and please only think about emigrating to a new outpost if at least 3-4 people want to join you as TFCraft can be quite difficult solo unless your fully experianced in it...

To those at the Outpost with me. PLEASE try and impact on Djo's place as little as possible...
Also what should we call the Mountainhome and Outpost???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks to this thread and the mod it introduced to me, minecraft has finally become the time sink for me that many people claimed it was with vanilla. I don't know whether to stab or embrace the OP.
Been playing single player to get the hang of things. With three windows full of tabs on the TFC wiki. It's almost like playing Dwarf Fortress for the first time all over again. Charcoal pits seem to never work for me. Is it because it's always raining?

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Charcoal pits take a long time to work, try waiting a day or two.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17