Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17

Author Topic: Minecraft TerraFirmaCraft: Bronze, knapping, red steel, potatoes, support beams!  (Read 47750 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Where's the server located? I'd be interested in trying it out, but I'm in a semi-remote location.
He means what area of the world.  For some people, location plays a great deal of importance for ping.

nichaey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Where in the world indeed. Right now I have a pretty modified technic pack running, but if the server is anywhere near BC I would try the mod out now versus later.
Blood For The Blood God!......Skulls For His Skull Throne!

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ahh, haha. That one went over my head. The server is in the US, Dallas to be exact.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The outpost has a totally awesome fortress. We're falling behind!

nichaey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I may have located my temporary loners base on the main path to the outpost. On another note though, I seem to have some problems smithing. I have a liquid bar and a hammer in the anvil gui, but it won't let me punch, hit, or do any of the other actions. Am I missing something?

Edit: It's needs to be a solid not a liquid
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 02:31:29 am by nichaey »
Blood For The Blood God!......Skulls For His Skull Throne!

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

you cant work liquid bars -.-

what did you think, you would just drop the hammer in and splash it everywhere? :D

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

At first when I was reading about moulds and plans in the general description of this mod I imagined that there will be an option to prepare moulds of different shapes and make cast metal tools.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Straight casting would only really be done with cast iron, and lazy smiths.  Working the metal changes it, structurally, and gives better results than casting.

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The results of skilful smithing are of course always better but take much more time and effort. In practice most metal parts are at best hot rolled once or what was medieval equivalent. Bronze can really even not be hot smithed to any significant degree.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So some people wanted to see the render of the map and I've done so. The image is pretty hefty at 43mb and 26000x22000 or so pixels. (Would be smaller if not for the ocean explorers, haha!)

You can grab it here if your so inclined: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?730mat4tkxdzm98

Windows picture viewer didn't really like it when I tried to preview it, so you'll probably have to find a better program to look at it.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To be more precise, Windows Photo Viewer will actually crash.  You may need to reboot your computer if you attempt it.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Might I suggest limiting the world size then for saving on memory... There is TONS of space on the main Isle for building if they go northwardish or what even direction it is across the river from spawn.,,,
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think memory is an issue.  I think the issue is that some people have traveled over vast distances of water, which create a massively sized image composed mostly of grey space with a thin blue line of explored ocean.  This generates some large images.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That may have been me, when I was playing around with smart move, I found out you could increase your speed to ridiculous levels and went off in one direction quite fast and far, enough to crash the server. :P

Needless to say, Nate disabled changing your speed afterward.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile

Man, as soon as I manage to get this mod installed...
My previous efforts haven't been working.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17