Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: The Dynasties of Cairnwood Crossing -Beginning of Turn 4  (Read 14633 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dynasties of Cairnwood Crossing -Beginning of Turn 4
« Reply #165 on: October 18, 2012, 11:09:02 pm »

400 more people is a good start, at least.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 18, 2012, 11:10:23 pm »

I suppose.
But I'm still hoping it was a typo otherwise the two of us are gonna lose a lot of money over this.

The other's don't really have enough to spare and you have double what I do.

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 19, 2012, 10:14:00 am »

(( You are correct to assume that there will not be housing for everyone. Essentially do the best you can with what you have. The village is going to spend all it's money on bunkhouses, as that was the council's decision to option #3.

Obviously a shanty-town filled with tents/shanties will spring up and there will be consequences of this. Higher crime, higher deaths, and greater forest depletion for fuel at least until the housing situation sorts itself out.

There are two options you need to decide from :
The local government will pay 2 gp for each bunkhouse built and you retain ownership rights, means you can start charging rent at the beginning of turn 5. You can convert it into basic apartments for free. You have these options to configure the bunkhouse once the immigrant wave is over :
1) Keep as bunkhouse - rent will be approximately 4sp/year.
2) Convert to apartments - houses a few less people, but larger rents. 6sp/year.

The second option is the local government will pay 3 gp outright and you will lose ownership rights to bunkhouses built in this manner.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 19, 2012, 10:40:37 am »

I'll take option 2 I guess I want to keep those rights.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 19, 2012, 01:24:57 pm »

Don't convert to apartments, make the next slew of buildings apartments. We need money but we need more houses than money. Keep ownership so we can have the money.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 19, 2012, 03:59:49 pm »

Don't convert to apartments, make the next slew of buildings apartments. We need money but we need more houses than money. Keep ownership so we can have the money.
Agreed.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 20, 2012, 07:48:26 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I will maintain ownership of all bunkhouses.
That covers 800 refugees.
The 2 gold per bunkhouse covers the costs of the laborers each year and I have money enough to buy all the materials.
So the housing crisis should be roughly under control.
Now to begin building houses again.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 11:46:57 am by mesor »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 20, 2012, 01:24:05 pm »

What are the estimated costs of labor? For things like clearing farmland, I mean.
Sig

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 21, 2012, 09:32:49 am »

What are the estimated costs of labor? For things like clearing farmland, I mean.
Labor is 2sp/ea person - 1 person can claim one field per year. Anytime you hire labor, you must have one of your dynasty to work alongside/supervise otherwise they will basically goof off the whole time.

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 21, 2012, 10:06:07 am »

Also, if you are interested in the iron mine, you need to know the following :
Initial construction costs 10gp.
This accounts for tools - steel picks, etc, a security guard to monitor the site and protect the valuable tools, and a lot of work building roads and pathways covered with rollers so that large blocks of iron ore may be rolled out of the mining area to be processed into smaller, more transportable chunks. There will be multiple dedicated livestock teams that are only fed grain to move ore day in and day out.

There is so much surface ore, initially this is all you have to do. Hire as many many as you want, but remember they have to be supervised.
You have 1000 ore on the surface, this is roughly 1000 person-years worth. So a hundred men working for 10 years.

Selling ore to the BBS will yield 2.5 gp per 100 units , selling to the Durant will yield 3.5 gp per 100 units with all the risks that comes with bringing attention to your village.

You can only sell ore in greater than 100 unit quantities, otherwise it is not profitable to bring a barge down the river to pick it up. Ore has a very , very stable value.

Obviously, selling ore is not extremely profitable, and the next step is smelting. This is a lot more costly.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 21, 2012, 10:11:25 am »

(( 31 laborers are left for hiring out of the 50 we had, I've got 19 of them working with my family for the bunkhouses. ))

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 21, 2012, 10:12:43 am »

That's correct mesor. All the new immigrants will basically have to farm to keep fed, and are considered to be 100% employed at least until turn 5.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 21, 2012, 11:06:52 am »

Labor is 2sp/ea person - 1 person can claim one field per year. Anytime you hire labor, you must have one of your dynasty to work alongside/supervise otherwise they will basically goof off the whole time.
Hm, okay, here's my tun:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Everything OK?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 01:06:05 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 21, 2012, 11:39:28 am »

(( I'm building enough bunk houses to take 800 people so plenty of space.
Next turn I'll put up enough for another 400 plus begin building houses. My profit is going to nose dive but hey I'll make it back in the long run.
You may want to consider donating money towards the sheriff/security. I've donated 5 to begin with plus 1 gold more every year after. We're gonna have a huge crime boost so we need more security to counter it and the other's don't have the money to spare. ))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 21, 2012, 01:03:16 pm »

Oh, right, that'd be a good idea. Editing...
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13