Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Changing a constructed tile using DFHack?  (Read 1830 times)

Hamek McEisenfaust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Changing a constructed tile using DFHack?
« on: October 09, 2012, 05:20:56 pm »

I wish to know if, and how, i would go about using DFHack to change a quartzite floor over my large dining room/meeting area/zoo to crystal glass. Is there a tool in DFHack that will allow me to do this? If so, what tool and how. I attempted to work through tiletypes, but its fairly confusing to me. Thanks Urists
"here's 7 inebriated borderline psychotic bastards, go dig out a living space for 200 of them that will be coming soon btw there's also a terrible tentacle monster-panda made out of barf to deal with have fun" -PsychicKid

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Changing a constructed tile using DFHack?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 10:13:06 am »

Construction material isn't actually stored within the tile itself - it's stored in a separate data structure elsewhere (which gets stored in a vector, sorted by x/y/z coordinates and fetched via binary search). There is no tool in DFHack for changing the material of a construction, though it should be possible to write a Lua script to do it.

Of course, even if you change constructions into some other material, they will still yield the original item type when you deconstruct them (unless you set a special flag which makes it create the building item from scratch instead of retrieving it from hyperspace)...
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Hamek McEisenfaust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Changing a constructed tile using DFHack?
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 10:50:37 am »

Thank you again Quietust.
"here's 7 inebriated borderline psychotic bastards, go dig out a living space for 200 of them that will be coming soon btw there's also a terrible tentacle monster-panda made out of barf to deal with have fun" -PsychicKid