Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Too Cold  (Read 3859 times)

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
Too Cold
« on: October 08, 2012, 11:04:37 pm »

Recently I tried to snack on some giant toad lung, delicious, right? Anyway it said the food is too cold. Before that, I drank some water with no problems. I tried heating the food... Too cold. I tried to eat a sword. Too cold. Heated the sword. TOO COLD. I'm not even in a cold climate and it has been saying my food is cold for just about anything I play as (Elf, dwarf, human). What could be wrong?

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
Re: Too Cold
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 11:11:20 pm »

I honestly haven't got a clue; I've never had this happen to me before or even heard of it happening.
Have to modified the RAWs in any way? It may be you've somehow changed something that's caused... food to be incredibly cold? I dunno.

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 11:25:49 pm »

I honestly haven't got a clue; I've never had this happen to me before or even heard of it happening.
Have to modified the RAWs in any way? It may be you've somehow changed something that's caused... food to be incredibly cold? I dunno.
I have the Uber Adventurer mod for all saves and this only happens with the Uber Adventurer itself except on the save I was playing at the time. The other two are fine.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 02:21:23 pm »

I have the Uber Adventurer mod for all saves and this only happens with the Uber Adventurer itself except on the save I was playing at the time. The other two are fine.
Well then it is probably a problem with the mod, I have never experienced this problem even while crossing a tundra to get to a tower.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 02:28:56 pm »

Make a backup save, make yourself immune to lava, jump into a volcano, check if the food is still too cold. If yes, you've got a problem. If no, congratulations! It's only a matter of heating up your food to more than a thousand degrees Celsius. Mind the basalt~

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 03:31:21 pm »

Make a backup save, make yourself immune to lava, jump into a volcano, check if the food is still too cold. If yes, you've got a problem. If no, congratulations! It's only a matter of heating up your food to more than a thousand degrees Celsius. Mind the basalt~
This experiment sounds great, but the lava would probably incinerate the food before I could eat it.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 01:30:48 am »

This experiment sounds great, but the lava would probably incinerate the food before I could eat it.
Unless its still cold, in which case it'll be fine. You'll still be hungry though.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 05:49:52 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Kaiserr

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 07:58:57 pm »

I tried to eat a sword.

Can I sig this?
Wait, you type with your feet? That's badass.
DF: Beat people to death with their own appendages!

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 05:10:29 pm »

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, 10:51:53 am »

Lol, I wanted to sig the lava post but its to big to fit with my sig right now :(
"A giant cave bat, a giant cave swallow, and a troll wander into my fort's cagetraps..."

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2012, 05:50:52 pm »

Lol, I wanted to sig the lava post but its to big to fit with my sig right now :(
Try stripping out the link. Like, this:
Quote from: Klitri
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

thinktankak

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 03:39:16 am »

Recently I tried to snack on some giant toad lung, delicious, right? Anyway it said the food is too cold. Before that, I drank some water with no problems. I tried heating the food... Too cold. I tried to eat a sword. Too cold. Heated the sword. TOO COLD. I'm not even in a cold climate and it has been saying my food is cold for just about anything I play as (Elf, dwarf, human). What could be wrong?

Hm Interesting, did you check if you had temperature enabled, I know this happened to me when i set temp to off, i could not heat water / ice / snow.

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 02:14:42 am »

You dont have a picture of it by any chance?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 04:18:28 am »

It would look something like a purple N with a squiggly line on top of it.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 08:24:34 pm »

Did you try buying food and hunting for it?  Getting it from different sources?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: [1] 2