Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Touhou PbP RPG OOC: Do not pass go, move directly to boss fight  (Read 12032 times)

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Touhou PbP RPG OOC: You cannot play this using Kinect, sorry.
« Reply #120 on: February 27, 2013, 06:22:19 am »

Hi everyone,

I'm still working quite late here, so I haven't been able to update in a while. I apologize.

Also no thread title change this time because I don't have a clue what it should be changed to right now.
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Touhou PbP RPG OOC: Please wait warmly until the GM is ready.
« Reply #121 on: March 03, 2013, 02:48:34 pm »

There will probably be an update sometime today, since I'm back home now. I haven't done any calculations for Yoko's bomb yet so no telling what's going to happen.

Edit: Uh, well, that was still sort of today, I guess, if you apply timezones liberally.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 06:17:48 am by Logical2u »

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 10, 2013, 09:34:06 pm »

Hi and hello,

All of you have a... gift... from me waiting in your PM inboxes right now, and I encourage you to check it out.

On a less mysterious note, if you're at all following people similar to who I follow on Twitter and/or Tumblr you probably saw the square anime face generator thing this weekend, and the ensuing rush to create thousands of characters it (including Touhou ones). I was procrastinating a little today and made a few NPCs in it, but there's only one that everyone's seen so far - the door fairy.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 11, 2013, 12:09:49 pm »

You, sir, are a scholar and a gentleman; you are amazing and should feel amazing. There are only a couple possible criticisms I could level at it, but I honestly feel guilty just considering it.

Skipping the excuses for my inactivity and going straight to the task at hand: Aylor, should one of us burn our last bomb, or should we chance grazing again? If I recall correctly, I've got even odds against the big shots, so I'd like to save my bomb if I can help it... but that's my "But I Might Need It Later" syndrome speaking, and I have a terrible bomb reflex anyway- it's always better to lose bombs than lives.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Aylor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 11, 2013, 01:46:39 pm »

Luckily for me I was the only one not hit! And I've already used my last bomb anyway.
Anyway 'the team'tm has been hit by 2 big and 1 huge waves from a defence point of view we're not gonna get a much better chance than this.
That said offensively this is a terrible time to bomb as one of them is invincible and bombing will cancel my normal attack, which while probably weaker than a bomb is still pretty nice.
Finally if you do die the number of FP you'll get from the battle will actually go UP even if it will make 1ccing the incident harder. (3lives+1bomb=4fp, 2lives+3bombs=5fp).
So it could go either way. Bomb = play it safe, no bomb = high risk + high reward daring do. (If I had been hit I'd be trying harder to convince you to bomb).
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 01:48:13 pm by Aylor »

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2013, 02:04:30 pm »

Whoops, misread.  :P

And you've got a fair point! I'll see about posting soonish; grazing unless Wwolin wants to bomb.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 11, 2013, 03:57:11 pm »

First things first: I didn't draw those. I commissioned Stuffman (note that commissions are currently closed, however) of Ask the 5 Magic Stones and Purplequest fame. Send your praise to him, not me!

Secondly: with your permission I'll post those in the thread.

Thirdly: I'm not going to hide any content behind "1cc" conditions.

Fourth: I'm not planning on sending anyone into the next stage without any bombs.

I really like purplequest ok?

« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 04:17:52 pm by Logical2u »

Aylor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 11, 2013, 06:19:21 pm »

I wasn't expecting you to hide content behind a 1cc gate. It's still an achievement to aim for though.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2013, 10:46:07 pm »

I'm gonna risk a graze on this one. I'll work on a post now. And feel free to post the art in the thread. It's awesome, and has a very PC-98 feel to it.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 14, 2013, 09:56:45 pm »

kinda waiting to know what Hailfire/Hakyou is up to. Sent a few pms lately but no real response.

In other news: over on SA, apparently this month's Traditional Games contest is... "Finish your drat games". Bahamut, creator of this RPG, apparently still alive and apparently still hoping to update the core rulebook at some point (we'll probably finish the first incident before then, though - his estimate is "end of the year". My incident estimate is at most 3-4 months, a lot less if we do IRC stuff).
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 10:07:36 pm by Logical2u »

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 14, 2013, 11:42:04 pm »

Blergh, no, I saw your posts/PMs, I've just been busy. (though you are somewhat to blame, this time, since after you introduced me to stuffman I had to go through all of his stuff- which, topically, is awesome  :P)

I'll hopefully be able to get something down tomorrow (barring unexpected circumstances/writer's block), but again, if you get impatient, I'll be grazing again.

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 14, 2013, 11:53:41 pm »

(though you are somewhat to blame, this time, since after you introduced me to stuffman I had to go through all of his stuff- which, topically, is awesome  :P)

I blame you for not knowing about Stuffman before this.

(Well, uh, sorta, but not really. Have you really been archive binging this whole time?)

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2013, 11:46:09 am »

Ah, my apologies, I somehow forget to edit in Yoko's bomb usage the last time I updated the points as well. Everything should currently be up-to-date.

I would also like a quick confirmation of permission for posting the art commissions in the thread (silence will be interrupted as yes, by the by).

Also because I am currently sending my laptop back for repairs and will be moving to a backup, I've been making sure I can keep running this while the usual hardware is away, which means making backups of all the documents I use to keep track of stuff going on in the game/in my head/in the background.

Here's a sneak peek into my documents...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 11:15:54 pm by Logical2u »

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 19, 2013, 05:25:52 pm »

I feel proud to be one of the main reasons that a document called TOUHOU WRASTLING exists :)

And you have my OK for the art.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2013, 05:40:52 pm »

While we're doing not-fighting things, let's start making preparations for fighting things.

Would you guys like a 'live' play part for combat?

If yes, what service do you want to use? (e.g. IRC, d20.net, Skype...)

If no, is there anything I should do to speed it up more?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10