Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: What do you tend to use as throwing weapons?  (Read 5390 times)

terminator44

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: What do you tend to use as throwing weapons?
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2012, 11:00:20 am »

Low copper boots. I dont know why.

Who throws a shoe? Honestly?  :P

Anyway, I either use normal ammunition, or whatever loot I'm taking back to town (helmets, spears, shields, etc.). One day I want to find a fluffy wambler to find out how effective they are this version.

Scow2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2012, 02:25:48 pm »

...I think I should try throwing my fifty-odd shields, but they may weigh too little to do appreciable damage.

I'm a legendary thrower/archer, yet I still can't hit the broad side of a barn with anything :(

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2012, 03:35:30 pm »

To the bandit I bequest.... A low boot to the head.

Bandit has been struck down!
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2012, 11:24:38 pm »

I start by throwing whatever I can pick up (sand, rocks, etc.,) and then move to what I can find on bodies (often body parts -- preferring tusks to most items - -But preferably the wrong size clothes or weapons) Finally go with arrows/bolts for the weight

Melzer

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_POST][CURIOUSBEAST_POSTER][FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2012, 11:34:46 pm »

I don't usualy use a shield, I double wield swords and when a fight starts. fliiing and now i'm holding only one sword.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2012, 11:38:23 pm »

I often throw arrows/bolts. Or the recently deceased companions of my enemy. Any severed body parts. I always throw something that I bit off the enemy. Or spit, more accurately.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2012, 01:51:06 pm »

Hoof to the head!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2012, 01:52:15 pm »

Boning knives, nowadays.  Rocks and full corpses when I can, and definetely spears and picks.

I never use jewels or earrings on low levels, and toss bags of coins in desperation.  I dislike throwing bolts.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 01:53:47 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2012, 02:43:25 pm »

I don't usualy use a shield, I double wield swords and when a fight starts. fliiing and now i'm holding only one sword.

I dual-wield swords, and dual-wield shields. Straps are there for a reason!
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"

Scow2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2012, 03:13:32 pm »

I dual-wield swords, and dual-wield shields. Straps are there for a reason!
I wield hammer in one hand, axe in the other, and fifty shields distributed between them!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2012, 03:58:38 pm »

When I think to throw items, I usually toss whatever I have in my bag. That could be backup weapons, my knife collection, a trophy collection of assorted body parts, or even my lunch. I used to use individual coins as ammunition, but since they just "pass right through" I now just toss the whole sack. Sometimes if I think ahead by any degree I'll bring bolts or arrows or something, and I have reactions that let me knap bone arrows and such, which are fairly lightweight compared to stacks of metal ammo from archers.

I've even resorted to undressing and tossing clothing at them. Which is also crippling if they hit...
*The spinning nudity strikes the bandit in the eyes, tearing the retina and severing a sensory nerve!*
*The spinning rope reed fiber trousers strikes the bandit in the left lower leg, bruising the muscle and shattering the bone!*
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2012, 02:31:14 am »

I collect severed heads whenever I can, so I always have a lot of those. It makes me think of Minas Tirith in Lord of the Rings, when the Orcs launch a bunch of severed heads out of catapults.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sukiari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2012, 02:41:41 am »

I often throw arrows/bolts. Or the recently deceased companions of my enemy. Any severed body parts. I always throw something that I bit off the enemy. Or spit, more accurately.

It is really quite fun to rip a Kobold's foot off and then throw it at him and striking him in the brain.

PLBJay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2012, 03:53:04 am »

well besides the standard elven body parts, i use BAZILLION Rocks. The most succesfull anventure ive had was a legendary thrower and if you saw him with a rock of you doom you where pretty much skrewed. a dragon bit hes head off :/
Here lays PLBJay in a Pool Of Chunky-Blood.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2012, 05:09:52 am »

copper spears but any weapon with sharp bits will work.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG
Pages: 1 [2] 3