Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Dishonored :(  (Read 28660 times)

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
Dishonored!
« Reply #180 on: October 19, 2012, 09:10:23 pm »

Getting it this weekend.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
Re: Dishonored :(
« Reply #181 on: October 19, 2012, 10:12:36 pm »

Corvo's blink seems to be a different power to the assassins, instantaneous transportation over a short distance where he needs to still be able to cross the distance physically. He can't blink through something he couldn't fit through normally.

I'm pretty sure you can? I think I did it a few times. As long as you can target it and theres room for you to appear you can blink there.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 21, 2012, 12:22:22 am »

Okay so I'm playing through the high overseer cambell level, and I get out to the back yard and I'm just climbing all over the roofs and everything. But there's some weird thing that creeps me the fuck out when I get here.

I look up at the giant factory building (if you're going towards sam its to the left, really really tall and has a lot of metal platforms on the top and a huge scaffold down the side). At the very top of the scaffolding there's some kind of person thing... I don't even know what it is but if you look at it it vanishes into thin air (like granny's teleport or the assassins teleport).

As far as I can tell, its impossible to even climb up there.

Have any of you guys seen this thing?

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 21, 2012, 02:55:12 am »

Okay so I'm playing through the high overseer cambell level, and I get out to the back yard and I'm just climbing all over the roofs and everything. But there's some weird thing that creeps me the fuck out when I get here.

I look up at the giant factory building (if you're going towards sam its to the left, really really tall and has a lot of metal platforms on the top and a huge scaffold down the side). At the very top of the scaffolding there's some kind of person thing... I don't even know what it is but if you look at it it vanishes into thin air (like granny's teleport or the assassins teleport).

As far as I can tell, its impossible to even climb up there.

Have any of you guys seen this thing?

Yeah I saw him too, proceeded by me spending roughly 30-45 minutes trying to find a way up there in case it lead to something cool :p

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 21, 2012, 07:06:56 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I've only played through the first level and "granny" was sufficient to creep me out.  I think, "hey, there's this old woman who its been hinted is supernatural but seems to have a rune I need.  I'll just choke her unconscious and OH MY GOD RATS WHY WOULD THAT HAPPEN.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 25, 2012, 01:46:46 am »

I'm playing on the hardest difficulty, but going the "kill everybody" route,  then I'll replay it going sneaky sneaky,
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 25, 2012, 06:35:49 am »

So I recently finished this, and I was wondering, is it possible to upgrade your sleep dart capacity? The upgrade only seems to affect normal crossbow bolts.

Also,
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 25, 2012, 06:44:21 am »

I am almost positive I upgraded my sleep dart capacity VERY early on in the game.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 25, 2012, 08:40:47 am »

So I recently finished this, and I was wondering, is it possible to upgrade your sleep dart capacity? The upgrade only seems to affect normal crossbow bolts.

Also,

I upgraded everything except the second dart capacity and one of the pistol ones I think and never got any more sleep darts. So unless it's that second dart capacity?

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 25, 2012, 09:23:07 am »

Also,

I upgraded everything except the second dart capacity and one of the pistol ones I think and never got any more sleep darts. So unless it's that second dart capacity?

Entropy is not what it used to be.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 25, 2012, 12:25:50 pm »

I am almost positive I upgraded my sleep dart capacity VERY early on in the game.

You actually didn't because there's no such upgrade.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 25, 2012, 12:47:49 pm »

You actually didn't because there's no such upgrade.

I concur.  And so do the Rock Paper Shotgun writers.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 25, 2012, 01:03:16 pm »

It's impossible to miss unless it's possible to kill her before then.

I accidently killed granny rags from a distance when I first saw her, but she came back to life later and even commented on her resurrection.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]