Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Dishonored :(  (Read 28695 times)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dishonored :(
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2012, 03:18:37 pm »

There is no u. There is only Zuul.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2012, 03:19:47 pm »

Noooo, why did you take the U away.
WHERE ARE YOU U? WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2012, 03:25:13 pm »

I hav not pla'd Dis-honerd be-kus əv X-COM.  It dəs lʊk prity intrəst(Gotta make up a glyph for -ing), žo.  I wil hav to w(God, this is too much work.  Fine, bastards, you can have your superfluous letters)
Shoes...

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DishonoUmad
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2012, 03:25:45 pm »

I assume they're using the U because you use a U in the British spelling, and it's set in a fantasy version of Victorian England.

What are you even talking about?

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/dishonored

There's no u there! I've never seen it with a u anywhere.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DishonoUmad
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2012, 03:37:30 pm »

I assume they're using the U because you use a U in the British spelling, and it's set in a fantasy version of Victorian England.

What are you even talking about?

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/dishonored

There's no u there! I've never seen it with a u anywhere.
Really? Huh... I'd just assumed from the conversations that the game was using a U in the spelling. My mistake I guess.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2012, 03:44:17 pm »

Real men spell it Dishono7red.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

mikefictiti0us

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Radio Rivendell
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2012, 06:07:10 pm »

I'm alternating between XCOM and this. I honestly can't decide which I like more at the moment. Dishonored is basically Thief in a different setting and with supernatural powers. Apart from the actual assassinations, it plays damn near identically.

There's the general focus on stealth, large maps with tons of alternative ways to approach the target area, quality voice acting and story, loot spread about which you use to buy and upgrade equipment, overheard conversations in which NPC's reveal plot or map specific info or just shoot the breeze, the list goes on. It's like a beautiful homage to everything that made Thief awesome.

What do people think of the graphics?

I'm playing at 1920x1080 with maxed graphics. Not impressed at all by the visuals, to be honest. Textures are indeed flat and desaturated, and quite a few models look like they could do with a few extra polys. But the gameplay and level design (outside of the relatively linear tutorial sewer) make up for this in spades.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2012, 06:20:15 pm »

Any symptoms of port-itis?

I'm outraged that I still can't use my mouse to click conversation options in Skyrim successfully for example.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

mikefictiti0us

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Radio Rivendell
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2012, 06:38:12 pm »

No consolitis. There's a whole lot of interface options that you can toggle, full key binding options and sensitivity settings for the mouse as well as an FOV slider in the graphics options. Mouse and keyboard combo feels better than a gamepad (tried it with a Logitech F310). The PC version also has UI additions, like the ability to bind weapons and powers to the 1-9 keys instead of using the console version's radial menu, which is nice. And hey, you can lean left and right. No "this game isn't balanced for leaning" bullshit.

The graphics options themselves are a little bare bones (Texture detail, Model detail, Light Shafts, FXAA and !Rat Shadows!), but the game ain't no graphical powerhouse so it's not a problem really. I do feel they should have included higher resolution textures for the PC though. Lackluster graphics aside, I think Arkane did a great job with the PC version. The good news is that older hardware will have no problem running this game. My rig is getting on in years (Q6600 CPU, 6GB RAM, ATI 4800) and yet I have no problem maxing the game out with AA and AF included.

Edit : I've spent around two hours on the first assassination mission alone, exploring and retrying various methods of murder.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 07:33:12 pm by mikefictiti0us »

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2012, 08:09:47 pm »

So I just started this. I think I'm about to head off on my first assassination mission.

And I'm allready rather annoyed that I can't break lights. Isn't this a stealth game? :(

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2012, 08:14:15 pm »

Small quibble but I noticed that people don't seem to react to you running around with a weapon out. Kind of bugs me considering the video I saw had the player walking through a gala party with a shiv in their hand. While some stuff definitely seems fun because someone sat down and went "Ok, how do I make this an interesting level to play through", there's lot of little touches that are rubbing me the wrong way.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2012, 08:18:48 pm »

Yeah, I've just gotten the creepy black mechanical skull mask thingie with lenses for eyes.

Everyone is taking it surprisingly well. Infact noone has even mentioned it.

Though I imagine when a man with a face that looks like a burnt skull smashed into a telescope wanders into the room wielding a beating human heart and cutlass you do your best not to upset him. They probobly wait till I've left before they start in with the wild panicking and general shitting-of-their-pants.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 08:20:35 pm by fenrif »

mikefictiti0us

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Radio Rivendell
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2012, 08:31:58 pm »

And I'm allready rather annoyed that I can't break lights. Isn't this a stealth game? :(

You know, I haven't even tried to break a light yet because there's so many other different ways of avoiding detection in lit areas. But it IS odd that you can't do this.

Another thing; I suspect this chap is suffering from a rather serious and undiagnosed skin condition.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2012, 08:58:29 pm »

He's got decoupagia, which causes the production of a loose and thin layer of artsy tissue paper over the skin.
Shoes...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2012, 09:58:42 pm »

It's dermowaxia, he needs to stop rubbing his hands over his face.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13