Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Dishonored :(  (Read 28663 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Dishonored :(
« Reply #165 on: October 18, 2012, 07:19:28 pm »

Yeah, as bad as the Overseers are, and as cool as I think the Outsider is, I definitely think he's a bad dude on the grander scale.  I've made it a point not to act on anything the heart tells me, it's giving me that Monkey's Paw vibe.
Shoes...

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 18, 2012, 07:27:00 pm »

They can blink through walls if they know what's on the other side, so it should be easy enough to blink through a pair of bars and escape.
Isn't the "blink" thing more like instant movement? I can't say where i got it from but i understood it as you move the distance between A & B rather than dematerialize and appear at your destination.
Well it seems to work that way for Corvo, but the assassins seem to have powers that work slightly differently. There's a scene where they talk about how you don't need to be able to see where you're blinking to and only need to see it in your mind. Then one of the assassins blinks to his "place of resting", there's also something that happens shortly later when one of the assassins blinks through a blocked doorway, so yes I'm pretty sure the assassins can blink through things.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 18, 2012, 07:34:13 pm »

From what I've seen, Corvo's blink is more like you moved really damn fast, since it doesn't seem to slow you down if you jump.
The assasins basically warp in, warp out.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 18, 2012, 09:03:55 pm »

YOu know what bugs the hell out of me, and is common to most games but seems especially bad in this one?

Bad inflection.  I don't know if they're just giving the actors a set of lines and having them read with nothing else to go on, or if the actors are just awful, but seriously.  These people inflect so fucking weird.

"You people need the citywatch."

Shoes...

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 18, 2012, 11:23:41 pm »

It's a common problem with a lot of games, it's at it's worst when the voice actor has to recite a couple hundred lines for the various things generic mooks say in one sitting. After a certain point even the guy in the sound booth will just be like, "Sure, that one's good enough."

foil

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 19, 2012, 10:16:37 am »

IS there a bug with enemies disappearing?  Im sure thats the 3rd time ive seen an enemy vanish while i take out another one.  2 or 3 enemy in an area and after dropping one of them they either all disappear or 1 goes missing by himself. 

Its not rats or moving to another area or etc etc, just vanish without a trace leaving no bodies or anything.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 19, 2012, 10:29:03 am »

Yes, the bodies seem to disappear (at least somewhat) randomly when you are not looking at them.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 19, 2012, 11:57:30 am »

Yes, the bodies seem to disappear (at least somewhat) randomly when you are not looking at them.

Only ever happened to me if I killed a lot of people in one area, such as when I got caught by a Tallboy in the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
. I killed about ten of them one by one in that alleyway off to the right. By the time I'd killed the last ones [before reloading; that's how I got the action part out of the game, heh] the first ones I'd killed were gone, just blood and a sword leftover. Just seems like maybe the game doesn't accept piles of bodies?

Oh, and I beat the game.

But the game did inspire me to play Arx Fatalis again. God I love this game.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #173 on: October 19, 2012, 12:13:59 pm »

I think they clip through the floor due to the squirrely ragdoll physics. This screwed me out of a 'no-deaths' playthrough too because an unconscious guard clipped through into the void and 'died' from the fall.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 19, 2012, 12:14:51 pm »

I mosltly found bodies disapearing if i "stack" all of them on one place, if i keep a good space between them they tend to stay (?)-

EDIT: i dont think its clipping becouse i get no kill achivments even when uncouncious guards banish.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #175 on: October 19, 2012, 12:38:23 pm »

No... I mean I -saw- one unconscious guard fall through the floor after he died. And then I heard a splash like he landed in water somewhere and the snoring sound stopped.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 19, 2012, 12:58:00 pm »

I've no doubt taht dodgey clipping can cause that to happen, but when I played unconscious people would literally vanish if you tried to put more than one in a room.

Which meant that my need to put all unconscious guards in the same room meant that by the end of the level i'd vanished at least 10 people out of existance, but none of them counted as deaths.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #177 on: October 19, 2012, 01:31:15 pm »

Corvo's blink seems to be a different power to the assassins, instantaneous transportation over a short distance where he needs to still be able to cross the distance physically. He can't blink through something he couldn't fit through normally.

Sorry, I should have been more clear on that, I don't mind the Outsider as a concept, I just dislike that he's some dude that speaks to you directly and choses you for some task.

Except you aren't a "Chosen One" in the typical sense.

So much of all those paragraphs appeals to what I find I like in stories and characters ^^
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 02:26:32 pm by MorleyDev »

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 19, 2012, 02:13:31 pm »

Spoilers, please. :P
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 19, 2012, 06:38:20 pm »

Oh, and I beat the game.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13