Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Dishonored :(  (Read 28678 times)

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
Re: DishonoUred
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2012, 10:29:40 am »

I'll probably buy this for my brother.
He goes apeshit for games like this.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2012, 01:12:21 pm »

It seems interesting and all, the idea is quite cool and the style is rather unique.

BUT!

There is something majorly off about the whole thing, I can't explain it, but it all seems so off-beat, wierd and unnatural, it's very unnerving, and this is comming just from the trailers and gameplay vids. So no, I don't think this will be played by me, in any forseeable future.

Studying is a priority now (that and Borderlands 2).
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2012, 04:18:55 pm »

I've been interested in Dishonoured since the first artwork showed up on RPS in July and August last year.  That whale harvesting, man.  That's sick.  That's ugly sick.  Those people need to die, and I'll be happy to help them along.

New IP is a good thing.  Sequels, sequels everywhere, and now Kickstarter is full of remakes.  New concepts and settings are a good thing.

The interviews kept my interest up, and the most recent trailers have me excited.

Also, despite being a Eurogame, the publisher is not Ubisoft.

I don't pre-order games, but this is a first-day purchase for me.  And it looks like if I finesse it right, I can get Green Man Games' 25% discount.

I never played the Thiefs or Hitmans, the closest I've been to stealth games are probably Deus Ex, No One Lives Forever, or (arguably) the Alien arc of the original Aliens vs. Predator.

But I'm gonna play this.  I plan to play the hell out of it.

I hope it's good.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2012, 04:36:33 pm »

Is that U supposed to be a capital?
Anyway, theres another video of it besides those gameplay ones here.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2012, 04:38:17 pm »

Dishonored is the Americanized spelling. Dishonoured is the British spelling.

It looks pretty awesome, and I'm looking forward to the sale.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2012, 04:42:00 pm »

British or not, that u looks out of place unless that is how its capitalized in the actual game. I'm pretty sure the game isn't called Dishono Ured either. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2012, 04:54:16 pm »

As long as the accents in the game are American and the game cover is spelled without the "u", I will continue to call it Dishonored.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2012, 05:00:24 pm »

I've been interested in Dishonoured since the first artwork showed up on RPS in July and August last year.  That whale harvesting, man.  That's sick.  That's ugly sick.  Those people need to die, and I'll be happy to help them along.

You have a problem with whaling?
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2012, 12:23:22 am »

You have a problem with whaling?

Yeah, pretty much.  I have a problem with real-world whaling.

But the characters in this game basically torture whales to get more oil out of them.  As I said, that's ugly sick.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2012, 12:38:27 am »

Pre-ordered this, and it is expected to arrive tomorrow. That said, IT'S A SCARY, so I'm not sure if I'll actually go and claim my copy. Mostly, it appealed to me due to it's steampunk-arcane setting. :P
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2012, 12:48:52 am »

Six more weeks of school to go. Six more weeks of school. You mustn't buy Dishonored or you'll fail. Five-and-a-half-weeks of school to go.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 12:51:00 am by NobodyPro »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2012, 01:25:16 am »

Dude... You should be careful. :-\ It sounds like you're letting school interfere with your gaming a bit much.
That shit can really get out of hand, you know? One moment you're saying, "I'll just finish this class/semester/degree before I get [GAME]", the next you're uninstalling games from your computer so they don't 'distract' you from studying.

Slippery slope, 'sall I'm saying. Be careful.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2012, 04:05:21 am »

I love stealth games and I really want to play it. But look at those system requirements. I need a new computer.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2012, 04:37:07 am »

I love stealth games and I really want to play it. But look at those system requirements. I need a new computer.

No console? Used/refurbished Xboxs can be dirt cheap...
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2012, 07:46:02 am »

No console? Used/refurbished Xboxs can be dirt cheap...
I mostly live in a dorm and travel around a lot. I don't even have a TV. (I love my laptop)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13